CHL 2019-2020

not true. I was at the game and wyoming pulled prader and walker with like 4 minutes. heard someone say aiken voted wyoming as a 6 seed.
I left after end of the 3rd qtr yesterday as Aiken may have been the worst defensive team I've seen all year and no way were they mounting a comeback in the 4th qtr--that said HS coaching protocol is for the LOSING coach to pull starters first (wave the white flag so to speak) and then the winning team will sub out starters--since I wasn't there when did Aiken pull their starters and put in the end of the bench? If Wyoming did it with 1:45 left at what point did Aiken say it was over---important point to consider.

Also your comment above of "rules are meant to be bent and broken" is certainly not what the vast majority of HS coaches believe--maybe the cheaters believe that, but plenty of my fellow coaches follow the rules set up by OHSAA and their local school districts--if any coach/AD in HS has to win that badly then shame on them. Coaches/AD's are supposed to be setting an example for the young men playing for them--pretty sure "bending or breaking rules" is not a good example to be promoting and those coaches/AD's who cheat have to look in the mirror everyday!!
I understand what you are saying far as coaches an Ad’s but I can say if they could do it they would everyone can’t do it an yes rules are bent an broken everyday I’m sure you drive at exactly 55 miles on freeway everyday or better yet

He definitely did not pull them with 4min to go
Yes, he did. Either you are lying or mis-remembering. Wyoming emptied their bench with about 4 minutes to go. The problem is that Wyoming's reserves scored at will because for some reason Aiken's coach decided to keep pressing full-court until the last seconds of the game.

I understand what you are saying far as coaches an Ad’s but I can say if they could do it they would everyone can’t do it an yes rules are bent an broken everyday I’m sure you drive at exactly 55 miles on freeway everyday or better yet
What an utterly ridiculous comparison. There is a MAJOR difference between going a couple miles over the speed limit vs breaking rules to make a kid eligible and gain an advantage over other member schools in your conference. How warped is your perspective that you make decisions based only if you can get away with something vs if its the right thing to do -especially when kids are involved. Unbelievable

People keep telling you that Reading took a ton of grief when they won with transfers but you just believe what you want to believe. You are not going to win people over to the “win by recruiting” reality. They hated when ASVSM did it with LeBron and they hated it when NCH did it. Deer Park made their choice and they should own it and stop defending it.
Can we please stop talking about someone cheated when you have no proof or when OHSAA did an investigation and found nothing wrong. So why can't we live with there decision? I heard they came several times for DP asking for things that are not even required by them to be turned in. And if it's cheating why again were not talking about Wyoming and their transfer. O that's right it's only one person so that doesn't count. Yall are very funny when it comes to these rules and cheating. I guess its "different strokes for different folks" Big Moe got kids that don't even live in Cincinnati on there team but let me guess since they so call have to pay little to nothing to go there it's ok, right. Maybe DP should start making people pay little to nothing to go there then it should be ok, right.

Can we please stop talking about someone cheated when you have no proof or when OHSAA did an investigation and found nothing wrong. So why can't we live with there decision? I heard they came several times for DP asking for things that are not even required by them to be turned in. And if it's cheating why again were not talking about Wyoming and their transfer. O that's right it's only one person so that doesn't count. Yall are very funny when it comes to these rules and cheating. I guess its "different strokes for different folks" Big Moe got kids that don't even live in Cincinnati on there team but let me guess since they so call have to pay little to nothing to go there it's ok, right. Maybe DP should start making people pay little to nothing to go there then it should be ok, right.

You are so obtuse. People keep explaining the differences to you and you just keep bringing them up the same debunked arguments. You make this board like groundhog day....
#DPisacloseddistrict, #"homelesskids", #wyomingkidlivesinwyoming, #ohsaadoesntinvestigate, #moellerisprivate,

Didn't say it was a "rule" when to take kids out---I said it's coaching protocol--losing team gives up by subbing starters out first and then leading team coach pulls his starters---if someone good gets hurt when game is decided then that coach owns it.

Don't cheat is a real good way to live all our lives just sayin!!
I understand what you mean on both fronts all I’m saying is if the rule was something different it wouldn’t matter people are goin to push the envelope no matter what that’s all I’m saying..

Far as the coaching part I just don’t understand what you prove by keeping them in they are up 40 nothin but bad things can happen at that point because they were still tryna score they definitely were not let’s pull the ball out run some clock an get out of here..if someone did that to Wyoming people would be on here outraged about how someone was so classless against Wyoming all those hummingbirds are silent now haha..An I i always thought you coach your team you don’t worry about the other team who or how long someone keeps there starters in...

Yes, he did. Either you are lying or mis-remembering. Wyoming emptied their bench with about 4 minutes to go. The problem is that Wyoming's reserves scored at will because for some reason Aiken's coach decided to keep pressing full-court until the last seconds of the game.
You might be right because I forgot about the running clock

What an utterly ridiculous comparison. There is a MAJOR difference between going a couple miles over the speed limit vs breaking rules to make a kid eligible and gain an advantage over other member schools in your conference. How warped is your perspective that you make decisions based only if you can get away with something vs if its the right thing to do -especially when kids are involved. Unbelievable
Apparently your not listening because I didn’t say I would what I said was people are goin to push pull or tug at the rules no matter what the spirit of the rule actually is meant for but this is a prime example of what I mean I can write something on here an how you read it like you did is from your perspective same with the rules That’s all I’m saying.

Apparently your not listening because I didn’t say I would what I said was people are goin to push pull or tug at the rules no matter what the spirit of the rule actually is meant for but this is a prime example of what I mean I can write something on here an how you read it like you did is from your perspective same with the rules That’s all I’m saying.
An it really isn’t a difference the sign says 55mph doesn’t it?

.Far as the coaching part I just don’t understand what you prove by keeping them in they are up 40 nothin but bad things can happen at that point because they were still tryna score they definitely were not let’s pull the ball out run some clock an get out of here..if someone did that to Wyoming people would be on here outraged about how someone was so classless against Wyoming all those hummingbirds are silent now haha.

Silent hummingbirds? I don't think so. Explain to me how you are supposed to 'run clock' when the other team is running a full court and half court press? That makes no sense. Generally 2 things happen when a team is running a trapping press. You either turn the ball over or you get an uncontested lay-up. Wyoming's kids broke the press with ease. If Aiken wanted to get the game over with and not get humiliated then they should have sat back in a zone instead of pressing.

How many summers has he been there now? How long has he had to put together some sort of program for the grade school kids? When I was at Finneytown (70s) the high school staff was involved all the way down to fourth grade, working with the coaches, putting together a cohesive system for the whole district, 4-12. Reading was similar back then. We lost that somewhere along the way--when I moved back to town it was Madeira that had it. Whoever's got it, wins consistently. And with their own kids. And it's no accident that it happens when there's a dynamic head coach in charge who wants to see it happen (Elliott at Finneytown, Reynolds at Madeira...).

As far as I can tell he'll leave the district exactly as he found it, except for one banner hanging from the ceiling that'll be a sort of embarrassment because no one from Deer Park had anything to do with it. If they ever want it to change, they should hire a coach next time instead of a recruiter. It'll take a lot of time and a lot of work and you won't have any championship banners hanging two or three years into the process. It'll look more like Taylor than DP.
You left Bob Velten out of Reading?

You are so obtuse. People keep explaining the differences to you and you just keep bringing them up the same debunked arguments. You make this board like groundhog day....
#DPisacloseddistrict, #"homelesskids", #wyomingkidlivesinwyoming, #ohsaadoesntinvestigate, #moellerisprivate,
Thank you for saying that because this what I keep talking about when yall bring up DP and cheating. I'm so tired of hearing it but yall keep bringing it back up. Shut UP if you don't have any concrete evidence. Yall don't make the rules for OHSAA so as long as they're following the rules and got no infractions why do yall keep bring up about them cheating. It makes no sense. So I guess that makes you obtuse. Again an investigation was done to DP several times and the OHSAA officials found nothing each time. So what are yall really saying? Yall Butt Hurt because they won it all and they keep beating yall teams that yall root for now, O well get over it!!!!!

Silent hummingbirds? I don't think so. Explain to me how you are supposed to 'run clock' when the other team is running a full court and half court press? That makes no sense. Generally 2 things happen when a team is running a trapping press. You either turn the ball over or you get an uncontested lay-up. Wyoming's kids broke the press with ease. If Aiken wanted to get the game over with and not get humiliated then they should have sat back in a zone instead of pressing.

Well if you had been reading that’s not the question that was asked the question was with a running clock why were starters still in game but don’t worry about it someone answer the question already...

You left Bob Velten out of Reading?
And how many banners hanging from the other CHL teams. Let me guess none. I've never seen a school embarrassed about winning a State Championship when you find that team or district for that matter let me know. As a matter of fact, go ask the kid Daniel that played on the team that was born and raised in DP if he's embarrassed by winning CHIP. If I'm not mistaking Wise went there as a freshman does he count for a kid that lives in the district. Now we're talking about kids in the 4th grade getting better yall need to quit. Excuses are like butt holes we all got one. Yall are funny yall say some of the funniest stuff on here HA HA HA. He's been there for 4 years and yall saying not one DP kid made the team. Go dig out those facts

Thank you for saying that because this what I keep talking about when yall bring up DP and cheating. I'm so tired of hearing it but yall keep bringing it back up. Shut UP if you don't have any concrete evidence. Yall don't make the rules for OHSAA so as long as they're following the rules and got no infractions why do yall keep bring up about them cheating. It makes no sense. So I guess that makes you obtuse. Again an investigation was done to DP several times and the OHSAA officials found nothing each time. So what are yall really saying? Yall Butt Hurt because they won it all and they keep beating yall teams that yall root for now, O well get over it!!!!!

OJ was not convicted but we all know he did it.

Again an investigation was done to DP several times and the OHSAA officials found nothing each time.
This is not true...not one bit. OHSAA never launched a formal investigation into DP, not one time. Recruiting is cheating...DP recruited and won a state title. Period. I think people would have more respect for DP if they just said "yep we did it, and there ain't nothing ya'll can do about it" Instead people keep doubling down on the absurd notion that they did nothing wrong. It's laughable

And how many banners hanging from the other CHL teams. Let me guess none. I've never seen a school embarrassed about winning a State Championship when you find that team or district for that matter let me know. As a matter of fact, go ask the kid Daniel that played on the team that was born and raised in DP if he's embarrassed by winning CHIP. If I'm not mistaking Wise went there as a freshman does he count for a kid that lives in the district. Now we're talking about kids in the 4th grade getting better yall need to quit. Excuses are like butt holes we all got one. Yall are funny yall say some of the funniest stuff on here HA HA HA. He's been there for 4 years and yall saying not one DP kid made the team. Go dig out those facts
This is not true...not one bit. OHSAA never launched a formal investigation into DP, not one time. Recruiting is cheating...DP recruited and won a state title. Period. I think people would have more respect for DP if they just said "yep we did it, and there ain't nothing ya'll can do about it" Instead people keep doubling down on the absurd notion that they did nothing wrong. It's laughable
Again I don't know where you're getting your info from but they were 100% investigated by OHSAA that year and still to this day. I don't think Gentry would go on tv and talk about it if nothing was happening. What sense would that make? He said that they have been cleared of all charges by OHSAA. I wonder if it wasn't an investigation why would he say that on tv. I know if it wasn't and investigation going on with my team I wouldn't be on tv talking about one that's stupid. Come on we all know that there was an investigation done and they found nothing wrong but we still don't like the way it went down. In our minds, they still cheated... Every news station and the paper was talking about it. Do you really think that OHSAA wasn't going to step in with the whole city and state talking about it? Again make some sense out of this. You're not telling the truth.

Again I don't know where you're getting your info from but they were 100% investigated by OHSAA that year and still to this day. I don't think Gentry would go on tv and talk about it if nothing was happening. What sense would that make? He said that they have been cleared of all charges by OHSAA. I wonder if it wasn't an investigation why would he say that on tv. I know if it wasn't and investigation going on with my team I wouldn't be on tv talking about one that's stupid. Come on we all know that there was an investigation done and they found nothing wrong but we still don't like the way it went down. In our minds, they still cheated... Every news station and the paper was talking about it. Do you really think that OHSAA wasn't going to step in with the whole city and state talking about it? Again make some sense out of this. You're not telling the truth.
That's funny because I talked to a media member who was with the OHSAA peeps at a meeting for something unrelated and he/she brought it(DP recruiting) up to the powers at be, and the OHSAA people said "Sounds like you've got some great info, you should go with it!"
Media person responds: "Oh no. I'm not going there. That's your job"
State: "No it's not. We DO NOT look into eligibity and transfers. It's the school's job to police it."

That's funny because I talked to a media member who was with the OHSAA peeps at a meeting for something unrelated and he/she brought it(DP recruiting) up to the powers at be, and the OHSAA people said "Sounds like you've got some great info, you should go with it!"
Media person responds: "Oh no. I'm not going there. That's your job"
State: "No it's not. We DO NOT look into eligibity and transfers. It's the school's job to police it."
Now make sense if this was the case the Wise kid would be eligible to play. OHSAA doesn't do anything, please.

Prime example on here everyone killed Deer park for keeping they starters in or whatever I was at Wyoming game vs Aiken they are up 40 with 5 min an he took his starters out at 1:45 I wanted to see if anyone on here would say anything guess what NOT A PEEP so stop with this it’s not that we don’t like Deerpark over some imaginary code of ethics because it definitely HATE as the kids would say an it’s obvious ...
There is more to that story he was already into his bench one of his starters was hurt one was sitting earlier, Aiken was pressing and coach started up crap before point was being made

NO... he had to appeal the transfer rule. They WENT to the state to appeal and were denied.
2 titally different things.
Good try
In order to appeal anything, you would first have to rule on it. And the rules state if you go back to your home school meaning the school you started at your 9th grade year you will be able to play. So if OHSAA is not ruling on cases then how do you appeal it.

We can probably move on now. Most people on here wouldn't change their mind if the facts were in front of their face anyway .

What kind of chance does Wyoming have against Alter?
Deer Park has a favorable matchup against a 10 seed Milton-Union.

We can probably move on now. Most people on here wouldn't change their mind if the facts were in front of their face anyway .

What kind of chance does Wyoming have against Alter?
Deer Park has a favorable matchup against a 10 seed Milton-Union.

Wyoming will have the 2 best players on the floor. Alter will probably have the next 4 or 5 best players on the floor.