Benedictine 2020

I agree. Massillon only would schedule St Ignatius on their home field. They would not schedule a Home & Home with Ignatius. So Iggy/Massillon is only a 1 year deal.

The Tigers played Ignatius at “THEIR HOME FIELD” (LOL) during the 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009 seasons. In regards to the deal with Iggy being a 1 year contract, let’s see how it plays out.

Benedictine has been averaging about 600-700 people per home games in recent years. First Home game of the season I bet the average crowd is around 800-1,000 people. I think Brooklyn Stadium can accommodate 2,800-3,000 people. It could be tough for a playoff game. The year Benedictine played at Woodridge, in the opening round, it was a lot of fun in a packed house. I bet there were only 1,800 people there, but it felt like 10,000.

I will give you crowd size but there are still concerns over the infrastructure of the Brooklyn facility. I still remember trying to take that left off of Ridge into the Brooklyn field before the Maumee playoff game and the long lines for what seemed like everything.

Also, any feel for where they Bengals will end up with regards to Division in 2020? The new multiplier hopefully helps them get a more accurate count and places them in a Division that is more in line with their program. Those pubs that were double in roster size at Div II are tough to stay with...

I will give you crowd size but there are still concerns over the infrastructure of the Brooklyn facility. I still remember trying to take that left off of Ridge into the Brooklyn field before the Maumee playoff game and the long lines for what seemed like everything.
Nothing that several police officers couldn't handle.
The schedule that is being thrown around this year will really test the team.
St Ed's
Hoban
Toledo CC
Fitch
Massillon
Just to name a few.

Ryan Ryzner gets even more responsibilities>

Dear Benedictine Community,

It is my pleasure to announce the expansion of the role of Mr. Ryan Ryzner ’95 to become the President-Principal of Benedictine High School. Mr. Ryzner will continue to lead the Academic and Admissions programs, while adding responsibilities for the Advancement program and the Business Operations. He will succeed Dr. Frank Bossu ’67, who is retiring at the end of June this school year.

Dr. Bossu and Mr. Ryzner will work closely with the school’s leadership team to ensure a smooth transition over the coming months. I am confident in the school's leaders to continue to grow Benedictine and to deliver on our promise to develop our young men in mind, body and spirit. Thank you for your trust in us to partner with you in this mission.

Yours in Benedictine,

Abbot Gary Hoover OSB '74

The more detailed announcement: https://files.constantcontact.com/a7962778601/32e6e476-178f-4ceb-8018-bb8eccef30b9.pdf

I don't understand why people think Massillon will only play big games at home. We prove time and time again anywhere anytime you choose

Talked to a friend from Eds, it’s a whole new team who will be made up of mostly Jrs. Some talent in that class including a good QB. The Senior class to be is the weakest numbers in years. They bring back 3 studs. Thomas Aden is a bruiser OL DL, CJ Hankins LB Rover who is a favorite to be the DPOY, will also be at RB. Jaylen Castleberry is a DB, athlete who could go both ways.

Benny could surprise a lot of fans here. They beat Erie Prep last year worse than Eds.

Still fretting about week 10, need to find someone to play the last week of the season. Might have to write a check and get a Canadian team to com down as an open week before the playoffs would not be preferred plus the Seniors could be placed in a bad position if the challenging schedules makes the playoffs unlikely. We can thank Padua and to a lesser extent Walsh Jesuit for the Benny scheduling predicament moving forward.

Case Western Reserve's Stadium?

Been a while WarriorDee, good to see you lurking around.

CWRU's football stadium is a cool place for NCAA Div III games but not the best place for a HS game. Seating is only on 1 side and it is surrounded by dorms and parking decks with little atmosphere. I also think they want nothing to do with hosting anything outside of CWRU events.

In related news did Benedictine Baseball decide to leave CWRU's Noby Ballpark to head back to Luke Easter? This picture was posted on FB, is this facility just for practice or will home games be played there? If so watch Walsh pass on roadies to this place as their folks would never drive to Luke to watch their kid play a game in that neighborhood.

88961223_193775115259014_6396951344661397504_n.jpg

Good to see you Auggie. Have the Bengals narrowed down their stadium search as of yet? Maple Heights an option? You are probably correct on my Warriors, LOL.

Been a while WarriorDee, good to see you lurking around.

CWRU's football stadium is a cool place for NCAA Div III games but not the best place for a HS game. Seating is only on 1 side and it is surrounded by dorms and parking decks with little atmosphere. I also think they want nothing to do with hosting anything outside of CWRU events.

In related news did Benedictine Baseball decide to leave CWRU's Noby Ballpark to head back to Luke Easter? This picture was posted on FB, is this facility just for practice or will home games be played there? If so watch Walsh pass on roadies to this place as their folks would never drive to Luke to watch their kid play a game in that neighborhood.

88961223_193775115259014_6396951344661397504_n.jpg
The schedule says home games are still at Case don’t you worry.

The schedule says home games are still at Case don’t you worry.
Games are still at Case. You guys think parking in those neighborhoods around Case is better than the Luke you are badly mistaken. Rest easy Walsh fans we are not in your division this year. We get to play CCC VASJ since the powers that be in the now defunct NCL put us in the garbage division.We have that beautiful ALL turf field to practice on at the Luke for the next 2 weeks. BTW Scrimmage on Thursday at 415pm against Mayfield at the Luke.

Games are still at Case. You guys think parking in those neighborhoods around Case is better than the Luke you are badly mistaken. Rest easy Walsh fans we are not in your division this year. We get to play CCC VASJ since the powers that be in the now defunct NCL put us in the garbage division.We have that beautiful ALL turf field to practice on at the Luke for the next 2 weeks. BTW Scrimmage on Thursday at 415pm against Mayfield at the Luke.

F the NCL.

Good to see you Auggie. Have the Bengals narrowed down their stadium search as of yet? Maple Heights an option? You are probably correct on my Warriors, LOL.
Auggie on the football stadium side of things, what about striking a deal with Maple Heights on renting their football stadium?

Independence?

Stay in the middle of the city. Accessible to all, and good commercial spots to socialize, near by. Ample parking.

Independence?

Stay in the middle of the city. Accessible to all, and good commercial spots to socialize, near by. Ample parking.
I don’t want to sound rude because we’re all just throwing out ideas.
But no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Independence?

If Benedictine was ever going to consider Independence, they would be smarter to travel 4 miles down I-77 and try to get Brecksville Stadium.