Lake Catholic 2019-20

Lake has two special talents that they won’t see again in the same class for a long, long time - if ever. I’m sure it has been pretty special to watch Luke and Luka these past four years. I imagine these two are going to go down as the top two scorers in program history? Just a guess considering their talent and how many games they played. Fans should enjoy it while it lasts. Lake will go back to the way they used to be. Wouldn’t be surprised if Moran is out of here too. By April he will either “want a new challenge” (John Carroll assistant or maybe a better HS job) or he will want to “spend time with the family.”

A Lake/Lutheran East final could be a really good one though. Most won’t give the Cougars much of a shot. But they have two studs, a solid coach, and role players who buy in.

Thanks, cardzfan1234, we'll enjoy it "while it lasts" and before we "go back to the way they used to be" and before our coach "wants a new challenge". You just focus on Mentor.

Lake has two special talents that they won’t see again in the same class for a long, long time - if ever. I’m sure it has been pretty special to watch Luke and Luka these past four years. I imagine these two are going to go down as the top two scorers in program history? Just a guess considering their talent and how many games they played. Fans should enjoy it while it lasts. Lake will go back to the way they used to be. Wouldn’t be surprised if Moran is out of here too. By April he will either “want a new challenge” (John Carroll assistant or maybe a better HS job) or he will want to “spend time with the family.”

A Lake/Lutheran East final could be a really good one though. Most won’t give the Cougars much of a shot. But they have two studs, a solid coach, and role players who buy in.

Wow. I’ve never seen comments like this from you cardz. This loss really has you puzzled I guess? Or just pissed.

It‘s crazy how you seem to know everything going on at Lake after watching them one time. You haven’t chimed in about LC all season. Now you know it all. So Moran is leaving Lake after the season and Lake will be back to what they used to be. Thanks for letting LC know. You sound like Bball216. He warned the LC people last summer that Frazier was transferring to ISA so it was good to have that info as well.

I have a lot of respect for you and always have. Even wished you luck the rest of the way and stated Coach K is the best Coach in this area. How about let the LC Community enjoy their first ever win against Mentor, I think they deserve that.

Lastly, how much would you like to wager Moran is the coach at Lake next season? Not like you to state falsehoods on here.

I know it’s impossible to have a conversation with you without MG chiming in so we will now wait for him. Good luck the rest of the way.

Wow. I’ve never seen comments like this from you cardz. This loss really has you puzzled I guess? Or just pissed.

It‘s crazy how you seem to know everything going on at Lake after watching them one time. You haven’t chimed in about LC all season. Now you know it all. So Moran is leaving Lake after the season and Lake will be back to what they used to be. Thanks for letting LC know. You sound like Bball216. He warned the LC people last summer that Frazier was transferring to ISA so it was good to have that info as well.

I have a lot of respect for you and always have. Even wished you luck the rest of the way and stated Coach K is the best Coach in this area. How about let the LC Community enjoy their first ever win against Mentor, I think they deserve that.

Lastly, how much would you like to wager Moran is the coach at Lake next season? Not like you to state falsehoods on here.

I know it’s impossible to have a conversation with you without MG chiming in so we will now wait for him. Good luck the rest of the way.

I haven't seen Lake Catholic this season until Saturday. So the timing of me commenting on them makes sense, right?

As for the loss, yeah it was disappointing. Mentor people don't like losing to Lake Catholic. But all of that said, I feel like my statements were pretty honest and not overly biased. Frazier and Eller are both really good. I gave Moran credit for doing a really good coaching job on Saturday night. I even said Lake Catholic has a real shot to upset Lutheran East when a lot of others wouldn't give them that shot. I also believe the basketball program is going to take a major hit after they graduate. I think my opinions are pretty fair and honest.

Check my other recent posts about Mentor. I said the same thing about their football and basketball programs. They will be taking some steps back. I'm not just being negative for the sake of being negative. I'm being realistic. You could argue that my opinion isn't welcome and it certainly wasn't asked. But I don't think the content of what I am saying is biased or overly negative. It is pretty objective. Maybe I was too harsh on Moran assuming he will be gone...time will tell. I thought it was clear I have no inside knowledge on this. I'm not "reporting" he will step down. It was just my educated guess from seeing how HS sports has worked lately. If he comes back next year, I will eat crow and give him respect for coming back at a time when a lot of other coaches might not. But if he does step down, I think I will have earned a little bit of "I told you so."

Well this thread should be dead for the next several years. Lake Catholic basketball officially died last night like normal in the district semi finals. The Cougars had two of the best players in school history together for 4 years and got out of districts once (got 30 balled by SVSM) - wow. Lake was so happy they beat a horrible VASJ team twice and a shorthanded Mentor team - they can talk about that for the rest of time. While VASJ will be back quickly (maybe as soon as next year) - Lake has ZERO in the cupboard. The watch is on. We will see how much Moran loves Lake now that he has no talent returning.

I was very surprised Lake bowed out to Glenville. Losing to Lutheran East - sure that would be understandable. The Cougars I saw in person were way too good to lose to Glenville.

I saw a postgame interview with Moran. He was very emotional and obviously shaken by this loss. Feel for the guy. I will keep my comments on their future to myself this time around. Luka and Luke are great players with bright futures.

I was very surprised Lake bowed out to Glenville. Losing to Lutheran East - sure that would be understandable. The Cougars I saw in person were way too good to lose to Glenville.

I saw a postgame interview with Moran. He was very emotional and obviously shaken by this loss. Feel for the guy. I will keep my comments on their future to myself this time around. Luka and Luke are great players with bright futures.
Glenville lost by 2pts to East this year. They were highly motivated to win for their coach who is in siedman cancer clinic with Leukemia. Recovering from the effects of chemo. The team was to visit him after the game. Probably gave him the game ball . Good for the Tarblooders.

Well this thread should be dead for the next several years. Lake Catholic basketball officially died last night like normal in the district semi finals. The Cougars had two of the best players in school history together for 4 years and got out of districts once (got 30 balled by SVSM) - wow. Lake was so happy they beat a horrible VASJ team twice and a shorthanded Mentor team - they can talk about that for the rest of time. While VASJ will be back quickly (maybe as soon as next year) - Lake has ZERO in the cupboard. The watch is on. We will see how much Moran loves Lake now that he has no talent returning.
VASJ lost to Edgewood at home this year.

I’ve seen YOU talking about Lake beating VASJ for the first time more than any LC fan has.
The only people I consistently see posting about LC beating VASJ are VASJ fans.. Sorry you guys weren't very good this year? I'm sure you have and will mention LC not having as much talent as VASJ in the past and future, right?

I’ve seen YOU talking about Lake beating VASJ for the first time more than any LC fan has.

The only people I consistently see posting about LC beating VASJ are VASJ fans.. Sorry you guys weren't very good this year? I'm sure you have and will mention LC not having as much talent as VASJ in the past and future, right?
If you would have seen Lake celebrate and Eller flex you would have thought they beat one of our good teams. Funny how all the flexing and talking Eller was doing when they played VASJ seemed to vanish when he was bricking free throws last night.

If you would have seen Lake celebrate and Eller flex you would have thought they beat one of our good teams. Funny how all the flexing and talking Eller was doing when they played VASJ seemed to vanish when he was bricking free throws last night.
Dude, get over yourself. Kids being excited for doing something the school has never done is a bad thing?

I recall VASJ fans and players running on LC's court a few years back after beating a not so good Lake team.
It's a rivalry game (even though VASJ has clearly dominated) many of these kids know each other.

Such a bitter fan base you have over there.

Coach Moran states that people are taking LC basketball in a serious manner. Actually, the vast majority is not taking them in any remarkable way. Rather, more in a common way as just another average HS BB program.

Last edited: