PTC County

I thought they got kids from Springfield and Brimfield. I guess it would make sense if Ellet kids went there too.
No, I meant couldn’t field a team, just like Ellet can’t. Because I wouldn’t call the product they put on the field for a school their size a team Lol.
[/QUOTE]

I do not know what to tell you about that. But to rationalize Mogadore's tiny team with tiny players by comparing them to a city school is not a good look...

No, I meant couldn’t field a team, just like Ellet can’t. Because I wouldn’t call the product they put on the field for a school their size a team Lol.

I do not know what to tell you about that. But to rationalize Mogadore's tiny team with tiny players by comparing them to a city school is not a good look...
[/QUOTE]

jmog- this is where you crucify this guy with stats from the last three seasons worth of transitive property scores and show him why Mogadore could potentially run the table in the BIG city series. I just don't have the energy or I'd do it myself

jmog- this is where you crucify this guy with stats from the last three seasons worth of transitive property scores and show him why Mogadore could potentially run the table in the BIG city series. I just don't have the energy or I'd do it myself
[/QUOTE]
He is a troll. The City Series is absolutely terrible save 1 MAYBE 2 teams year in and year out.
Anyone with 2 brain cells knows that of Mogadore was in the City Series they would lose 1-2 games a year tops and kill the rest of the league.

Worm doesn’t understand factual information and lives in his own world where he thinks the City Series is still in its hay day in the 70s to early 90s.

Mogadore would not be able to field a football team or run a school without the influx of open enrollment students.

Not a single starter on the team for many years wasn't at Mogadore starting in grade school.
[/QUOTE]

Not ONE single starter for many years....come on man, this just a bold faced lie. I know one in particular that started for them this year that was at Southeast through 8th grade. I have no way of researching if there were any others....I guess depends on what you mean by "grade" school. Does that mean 1st grade....4th grade.....or maybe starting there in 7th/8th grade? I'm not saying there is an "influx" of open enrollment students, but there are certainly some, no need to make a statement like not ONE single starter for years and years....

Mogadore has had tranfers. The Pizzino kid a couple years ago came from Green. So be it. The PTC county (or whatever) according to a good write up in the wrestling program will be Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast and Lake Center Christian. Garfield will be there in the 2020-21 season but leaving after that year. Teams added will be St Thomas Aquinas and and Warren JFK starting in the 2020-21 year. This is official. There has been lots of talk but I think Field and Springfield should join up with this proposed league. Less travel and may finally be competitive.

Mogadore has had tranfers. The Pizzino kid a couple years ago came from Green. So be it. The PTC county (or whatever) according to a good write up in the wrestling program will be Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast and Lake Center Christian. Garfield will be there in the 2020-21 season but leaving after that year. Teams added will be St Thomas Aquinas and and Warren JFK starting in the 2020-21 year. This is official. There has been lots of talk but I think Field and Springfield should join up with this proposed league. Less travel and may finally be competitive.
Lake Center has wrestling?? They really need to start their football program...

Guys, I was just posting who will be in the league. I don't know what Lake Center brings IMO get with the program or leave. I don't think JFK or Aquinas have a wrestling program as well.

Pizzino was one of the 2 starters/impact players, I could think of that transferred in during high school over the past 20 years.

Guys, I was just posting who will be in the league. I don't know what Lake Center brings IMO get with the program or leave. I don't think JFK or Aquinas have a wrestling program as well.

They do not.

St. Thomas Aquinas last had a team in 2015-2016. I have no idea how long it has been since JFK last fielded a wrestling team.

The way Lake Center plays basketball, think it's probably time they start both football and wrestling programs...what are the scared of??

The way Lake Center plays basketball, think it's probably time they start both football and wrestling programs...what are the scared of??
The expense as well as overextending their student body amongst too many sports...

I know you're being somewhat sarcastic.

-Crestwood is gone.
- Field and Springfield won't leave the metro is crazy as it sounds.
Newton Falls-won't leave there league the Turnbull county rivalries.
It sounds and looks great and I agree would be a great league but won't happen anymore. I think it will be the four that's left and hope to get Aquinas and JFK in the league to make it work for now. More of a band aid not a solution.

Field and Springfield are quite happy staying in the Metro League. More stability than joining a 4-team unstable County league. Besides, Springfield’s enrollment is way too large for any county school.

The expense as well as overextending their student body amongst too many sports...

I know you're being somewhat sarcastic.
Really they are not much smaller than Mogadore. And they were admitted on the condition they would start a football program. They have land across from school that is designated as a field....I've been to games where their student section dwarfs some other county schools..and they are growing..

Nailed it! Just do the math. I think Garrettsville is doing what Crestwood did in which they can see writing on the wall and is doing what they feel is best.

Have there been any updates on the coaching searches at Coventry, Crestwood or Ravenna? Was surprised to learn about Coach Lunardi stepping down, still haven't seen anything in the paper. Being Athletic Director and Head Football has to be a major challenge.

Coventry hired Michael Zografos on January 13, 2020 as head football coach. He has experience as co-offensive coordinator at Brunswick, Medina and Rittman from 2013-2019.

Field and Springfield are quite happy staying in the Metro League. More stability than joining a 4-team unstable County league. Besides, Springfield’s enrollment is way too large for any county school.
Springfield, while larger, doesn't compete in most sports. Competition wise they would be much better suited for the County.

They would get killed in football, week in and week out, but other than maybe girls softball (guessing, are they still good in that?) they wouldn't really dominate ANY sport in the PTC County other than having the best band.

Springfield, while larger, doesn't compete in most sports. Competition wise they would be much better suited for the County.

They would get killed in football, week in and week out, but other than maybe girls softball (guessing, are they still good in that?) they wouldn't really dominate ANY sport in the PTC County other than having the best band.

I still believe Springfield is a better fit where they are. In the Metro. They have long standing rivalries with Coventry, Norton, and Field who pretty much play at their level in football. Like you said, They wouldn’t be “killed” from week to week.

Last edited:
I still believe Springfield is a better fit where they are. In the Metro. They have long standing rivalries with Coventry, Norton, and Field who pretty much play at their level in football. Like you said, They wouldn’t be “killed” from week to week.

Springfield has won 2 games the last 2 years in the league...and both were Coventry. They are not "playing with" anyone right now not named Coventry.

They lost 41-10 to Field and 28-0 to Norton.

They did not have a game within 3 TDs to anyone in the Metro last season that wasn't Coventry.

What sport is Springfield competitive in the Metro in. Honestly curious what sport they compete year in and year out.

They would compete better in every sport not named football in the county.

I am willing to be wrong, but every sport I happen to watch, they tend to do terribly.

Springfield has won 2 games the last 2 years in the league...and both were Coventry. They are not "playing with" anyone right now not named Coventry.

They lost 41-10 to Field and 28-0 to Norton.

They did not have a game within 3 TDs to anyone in the Metro last season that wasn't Coventry.

What sport is Springfield competitive in the Metro in. Honestly curious what sport they compete year in and year out.

They would compete better in every sport not named football in the county.

I am willing to be wrong, but every sport I happen to watch, they tend to do terribly.
And when playing county teams in the past lost in both football and basketball. You would think Field and Springfield would run to get in the county division. Field already plays Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast in football. Think gate money people, especially your districts that struggle passing any kind of levy( like Waterloo).

They have 2 superintendents at Field and Springfield are the problem. Coaches would love to play in the county division
Exactly what I was going to say. I’m not as sure about Springfield, but I have first hand knowledge that most of the coaches at Field would love to join the County division. But the administration, feels they are a better “fit” in the Metro. Which may have been correct 5-10 years ago, but now Field has the smallest enrollment in the Metro and that gap is going to continue to grow. Field would be the biggest school in the County division if they were to flip, but they would instantly become more competitive in all sports, renew long standing rivalries with neighboring school districts, cut down on travel expenses. At this point in time, Field is a much better “fit” in the County Division.

They have a superintendent at Field that lives in Huron, they say he only their 3 days a week. Baseball team could have a press box from a donor, he said no.

They have a superintendent at Field that lives in Huron, they say he only their 3 days a week. Baseball team could have a press box from a donor, he said no.

I believe with Title IX, even though it's a donation, the baseball field is probably not shared by the softball team. The school would then need to find the funding or spend something equivalent on a girls team.

Our football stadium in college was football only. Football Alumni raised over 100k for a new scoreboard but they couldn't install it until the alumni or school came up with 100k for girls sports. Our school decided to replace our turf and make it a multisport field to cover Title IX.

I would imagine Field would struggle to find funding equal to the press box cost.

Rumor around is that The Field Falcons will be looking for a football coach in the near future. Coach Nelson will be taking his talents elsewhere.

Obviously a difficult climate to find a coach in plus who knows when he would be able to meet the team.

Why can't Field keep a coach?

I don't know what changed down there but they have some players coming in.
Antonio Hall, he's whats changed. They keep it up they'll end up in DVI or DV. A couple of years ago they were on the brink of closing, they have decided to open the flood gates to stay open. That doesn't usually have the best results in the long run, ie Mooney.