ECC (Eastern Cincinnati Conference) 2019-2020

Eh... I don't think that's entirely true about Kings for sure... maybe Loveland either.
None of those 3 schools pushed their head coaches "out"--Frank Brandy was HC at Anderson for 20 years and returned as Frosh/Asst coach last year after his son graduated; Mike Stevens did 2 successful stints as HC at Kings and is currently varsity assistant at Sycamore; Tim Partin was at Loveland until he retired in 2015. All 3 of those schools have had up and down years in the FAVC/ECC under current and previous coaches, but at those size schools it is difficult to maintain long runs of double digit wins in Division 1 with lower # of boys or even two small D-1 schools like Forest Hills has in Anderson and Turpin. Reis at Loveland 14,10,5,12,12 (4-ten win or more seasons); DeLotell at Anderson 4,11,14,10,10,2,8 (4-ten win or more seasons); Molz at Kings 10,3,7,5 (1 ten win season)--can't simply judge wins/losses as successful coaching in High School today--it's not the NBA or College--you coach who lives in your district for these schools especially!!

Today in HS coaching the key thing is what Dr. Ralph Pim says regarding Sports Leadership:

"Near the end of a season, I don’t look at a team’s record as much as I look to see if they are competing, playing hard & playing together. I’m watching team attitude & toughness. Are they playing with enthusiasm or have they lost their zest & just playing out the season."

All 3 of those schools had the team playing hard and competitive through game #22--it's all you can ask IMO!!

None of the three schools have great athletic talent. Fall into the good category. The success of Turpin can't help Anderson, only 1 winning season in 7 yrs. No first hand knowledge about Kings but through the grapevine parents can be unrealistic there.

Colt, I need a full report....Saw that Vianello did play, and WC had 5 guys score in double figures. First time all year that has happened. The boys must have decided to play a little bit...
Sorry I wasn't there. Sounds like they came out inspired. Hope they do it again on Tuesday. Both bigs end up with double doubles. Team had 18 offensive rebounds. Looks like they took advantage of their size.

There we have it, the WC team showed up. Good to see it. I expect St. X will try to press them to some degree. Hope they can handle it.

None of the three schools have great athletic talent. Fall into the good category. The success of Turpin can't help Anderson, only 1 winning season in 7 yrs. No first hand knowledge about Kings but through the grapevine parents can be unrealistic there.
Well put Carl--Turpin the past 7 years, with 2 different coaches, has win totals of 11,17,7,6, 5,18,19---only in 2015 did both Turpin and Anderson have double digit wins in the same season--FH district #'s for each school are small D-1, and only one middle school, it just comes down to if the good 8th graders go to Turpin or Anderson--actually in the first 5 seasons Anderson won 50 games and Turpin 46---the past two seasons with Turpin's excellent 3 classes in a row they've put big seasons together of 18 and 19 wins. Sometimes it's about who goes where in a 2 school district--kind of like Lakota East and West in recent seasons---East way up and West way down. Anderson had the 3rd biggest win improvement in D-1 this season of +6 (only behind Edgewood and LaSalle) and 27 ppg returning in 20-21--Turpin and AHS should both be double digit wins again next season for the 1st time since 2015.

Well put Carl--Turpin the past 7 years, with 2 different coaches, has win totals of 11,17,7,6, 5,18,19---only in 2015 did both Turpin and Anderson have double digit wins in the same season--FH district #'s for each school are small D-1, and only one middle school, it just comes down to if the good 8th graders go to Turpin or Anderson--actually in the first 5 seasons Anderson won 50 games and Turpin 46---the past two seasons with Turpin's excellent 3 classes in a row they've put big seasons together of 18 and 19 wins. Sometimes it's about who goes where in a 2 school district--kind of like Lakota East and West in recent seasons---East way up and West way down. Anderson had the 3rd biggest win improvement in D-1 this season of +6 (only behind Edgewood and LaSalle) and 27 ppg returning in 20-21--Turpin and AHS should both be double digit wins again next season for the 1st time since 2015.
Forest Hills no longer gives a choice. You go to high school based on where you live.
Anderson could have actually been really good this year. If they would have kept Starks and promoted the best coach in the school to varsity, they would have completed for a league title.

Forest Hills no longer gives a choice. You go to high school based on where you live.
From an athletics standpoint a school has got to have protected boundaries, otherwise your youth feeder programs become worthless. Amelia and Glen-Este operated very well for 40 years with separate protected boundaries, essentially kids that lived south of Clough Pike went to Amelia and kids that lived north of Clough went to Glen-Este. When they decided around 2000 to have an open district, 2 high schools with no protected boundaries that absolutely killed Amelia football. I'm not the biggest fan of the mega high school, but it's a far better option than two schools with an open district....

The ECC doesn't fare well outside of the friendly league confines. Two tournament wins but one was a league opponent. Kings was out every thinged by East, was the JV team significant? They look to be carp again next season. Turpin beats Western Brown in a game that at times looked like an intramural game. The Elder win over Anderson wasn't exactly impressive, sometimes happens in round 1 of tournament play. Elder Turpin could be a very good game.

The ECC doesn't fare well outside of the friendly league confines. Two tournament wins but one was a league opponent. Kings was out every thinged by East, was the JV team significant? They look to be carp again next season. Turpin beats Western Brown in a game that at times looked like an intramural game. The Elder win over Anderson wasn't exactly impressive, sometimes happens in round 1 of tournament play. Elder Turpin could be a very good game.

Lets not leave out Loveland losing by 30+. I didn't expect them to beat Lakota West, but to give up 86 was surprising. Turpin and Walnut are the best chance for an ECC sectional title as I expect WC to lose to X.

As this can be said of MANY schools, I think the parents/expectations in many ECC schools are riduculous.
In terms of the Anderson-Loveland-Kings situations, I think Loveland and Kings parents can be unrealistic. Both programs had really good coaches in Partin and Stevens, but at the end of the day, they were as good as their talent, both having some great years. Anderson, unless they've had a Norwell or Truesdell or or the brothers they had at guard a decade back, have had pretty minimal talent, and I think they realize that.

I've been at a couple West Clermont games over the last 3 years. Their parents are TOUGH on everyone. Almost scares me to sit in their section.

Milford, their coach has that place running like a well oiled machine. I'm not sure they exactly love him, but they do what he asks, and I don't hear much about discord in Milford.

Turpin. Has had some great classes over the last decade. But I think Turpin has had some "what about my kid" parents over the years that make it tough on the coaches there.

In Football and Basketball, even in incredible years for these schools, they just typically cannot compete with GMC & GCL

As this can be said of MANY schools, I think the parents/expectations in many ECC schools are riduculous.
In terms of the Anderson-Loveland-Kings situations, I think Loveland and Kings parents can be unrealistic. Both programs had really good coaches in Partin and Stevens, but at the end of the day, they were as good as their talent, both having some great years. Anderson, unless they've had a Norwell or Truesdell or or the brothers they had at guard a decade back, have had pretty minimal talent, and I think they realize that.

I've been at a couple West Clermont games over the last 3 years. Their parents are TOUGH on everyone. Almost scares me to sit in their section.

Milford, their coach has that place running like a well oiled machine. I'm not sure they exactly love him, but they do what he asks, and I don't hear much about discord in Milford.

Turpin. Has had some great classes over the last decade. But I think Turpin has had some "what about my kid" parents over the years that make it tough on the coaches there.

In Football and Basketball, even in incredible years for these schools, they just typically cannot compete with GMC & GCL

Not sure what more the parents at Milford could want. Cambron is a great coach and an even better guy.

Parents will always care about their kid 1st, not the team or the program. Might be playing time, letting him shoot, comparing to others, scholarships, etc. They look at everything through that lens.

Walnut is the favorite vs Sycamore but I expect a close game. X handles WC again. Elder by 11 over Turpin.
That's a 14 point swing from the last meeting between Turpin and Elder. What's the difference this time? Neutral site? Neither team looked particularly sharp in the first round of playoffs, but each took care of business.

That's a 14 point swing from the last meeting between Turpin and Elder. What's the difference this time? Neutral site? Neither team looked particularly sharp in the first round of playoffs, but each took care of business.
Elder is playing better and have football guys in the groove now. Also its tough to win on the road on Tuesday nights. Also intensity of gcl games toughens elder up imho

Walnut handles Sycamore. Walnut went inside early and often and it paid off. Sycamore lives and dies with the 3. Just an ok game. WC comes to unsurprising end vs St. X. Think the Elder team that lost to Turpin earlier this year is now much better. Neither Elder or Turpin looked great on Saturday but hoping this a great game.