Africentric stays loaded

I would believe that if I heard it directly from them. To take that stance would (I believe) presume they are very weak and themselves racist. I don't buy into that. They like anyone else can take criticism. They can take it from people of any culture. What matters is when delivering and accepting critiques, it be done in good character and honest intent.

A person or organziation that can only accept an opinion as possibly having value because it comes from someone that looks like them, I think has missed a few lessons. You describe your personal experience with the young women from the school. What you described is not someone who has missed those lessons.
Exactly. The swimming fans across the state root against St. X every chance they get because they have a built in advantage over all the other schools. It has nothing to with anything else. I am sure hockey fans think the same of St. I.

Just one little fly in the ointment before we crown Africentric state champs again - Hiland has lost one game this year. That was to a top 10 nationally ranked school from NC, which, I have been told, has more talent on it than Africentric. Hiland lost by 3.
20-30 point win from us . Berlin is afraid and does not match up at all

20-30 point win from us . Berlin is afraid and does not match up at all
A Troll comment on the highest, but that is what most forums have descended to, so here we go...
But no, Hiland fans whom I know well will not continue this absurdity any further, they know what is in their way, a highly talented team from Cbus that they have been preparing for and words on this forum mean nothing compared to the girls play on the court when they meet.
You can reply if you wish, but I am done with the absurdity until mid March, have at it...wear your finger pads out, I will be enjoying great basketball leading up to the finals.

Well, there is perception and truth - and the two don't always intersect - although almost every person thinks their perceptions are true.

I trust your perceptions. I certainly have no reasons to doubt them. I found them inconsistent with your conclusions. If you have first hand experience, words from the mouth of "Africentric" that they interpret any criticisms coming from people they think not like themselves as "racist," feel free to provide that. I prefer to give that community the benefit of the doubt and think competitors that they are, they can handle criticism without presuming it has ill source and intent, Spring being an obvious exception.

I trust your perceptions. I certainly have no reasons to doubt them. I found them inconsistent with your conclusions. If you have first hand experience, words from the mouth of "Africentric" that they interpret any criticisms coming from people they think not like themselves as "racist," feel free to provide that. I prefer to give that community the benefit of the doubt and think competitors that they are, they can handle criticism without presuming it has ill source and intent, Spring being an obvious exception.
In the past, on this forum, but esp another, when the issue of where AC should be assigned in the tournament, or someone used them as an example of competitive inbalance, or there was some discussion about how they acquire talent vs how rural schools do, the consistent response coming back at those issues was that they are rooted in racism. So, I have found you have to try to head that off in order to actually discuss those issues. That's all I was talking about. And I really wouldn't understand a person who has any animous toward teenagers playing ball - any of them.

If you don't have another defense...cry racism...it's the stand by.
They might want to check further in the "R" section of the dictionary, there they would find the word "respect". Love to hear Aretha sing that in the Blues Brothers.

A Troll comment on the highest, but that is what most forums have descended to, so here we go...
But no, Hiland fans whom I know well will not continue this absurdity any further, they know what is in their way, a highly talented team from Cbus that they have been preparing for and words on this forum mean nothing compared to the girls play on the court when they meet.
You can reply if you wish, but I am done with the absurdity until mid March, have at it...wear your finger pads out, I will be enjoying great basketball leading up to the finals.
They have now for 2 years been preparing we seen there team play together in the summer together at great aau events to prepare. We seen them at ohio state team camp, seen them play one of the toughest non league schedule in ohio and do well . But they can't hold up to are height and team speed, there back door cuts and kick and drive for 3points won't net them enough to ever see them in game past mid way through the 3 quarter. Can give more reasons why they are afraid

They have now for 2 years been preparing we seen there team play together in the summer together at great aau events to prepare. We seen them at ohio state team camp, seen them play one of the toughest non league schedule in ohio and do well . But they can't hold up to are height and team speed, there back door cuts and kick and drive for 3points won't net them enough to ever see them in game past mid way through the 3 quarter. Can give more reasons why they are afraid
We might not meet up both still have to get there
Get over yourself. They respect you, they are not afraid of you.
It's all in there face when you see it close up you can tell, show this to them it will not help

Definition of bigotry, "intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from ones self". Now I'm not going to claim to be a scholar, but no where in what I said did it come close to disagreeing with an opinion expressed. There was a question, and I tried to answer the question. When did trying to answer a question become bigotry? In my time since this issue came up I have asked about 20 people "what is a Nubian?" Only one person knew it could be someone from Africa and even that person first said it is a goat. If you dont like the fact people are unaware of what your mascot is either accept it, or change the mascot.

Calling people names is not appreciated, especially when no harm was intended to begin with.
Speak on what you know. If you don't know then shut your mouth. At the end of the day, they have a great program. I find it very odd when programs like CJ, Alter, Watterson, or Bishop Hartley the remarks are so positive...….

That is a complete lie of the 3 who are 12 graders none went to the school till high school. Were are you getting these so called facts lol. One went to berwick middle , one to Woodward park , the other to aims middle school. So quit with the misinformation
Not a lie just facts. They have a number of girls who started from elementary school. Instead of hating, how about you go to the school and assist.

Speak on what you know. If you don't know then shut your mouth. At the end of the day, they have a great program. I find it very odd when programs like CJ, Alter, Watterson, or Bishop Hartley the remarks are so positive...….
This is a difficult task you ask me to perform. For a person can choose to not "talk" at all, or talk on what they know. But to not talk about what one does not know may be impossible if one were indeed to talk at all. For we often do not know what we do not know, and therefore can not avoid talking about it.

Not a lie just facts. They have a number of girls who started from elementary school. Instead of hating, how about you go to the school and assist.
. Man I don't have a clue were your getting your information from . There is not a single person on the roster that went to middle school not one . let me break it down and then please break it down yourself and see who is correct.

(1). Walker - Aims middle school
(2). Niam - Berwick middle school actually went 3 through 8 grade
(3.) smith sisters- Woodward park middle school thats lexi the 12 grader
(4). M. J- Aims middle school played on same team as walker as a 7 grader
(6). A.Murphy- Berwick middle school
(7). C. Brock - from hartley high school feeder school which i dont no the name
(8). wheaty wheat - from cada charter middle school
(9). Brownlee - from westerville school district dont no the middle school name
(10). Grace- berwick middle school

There goes the players and what middle school they went to . So if you would be so kind to tell me were i might be wrong at and post which 3 you are talking about. I no for certain what i am talking about and can back it up. They all played in the city middle school basketball championship game i can get the program with there namee in it

Please this is just high school basketball. Teams should just worry about their own teams. When and if you play them. Be prepared. We kept an eye on them all season. When the time came to play them we just tried to keep them guessing With a solid outside and inside game. They turned us over 25 times (they got their hands on a lot of cross court passes. We held them to very little second shots and managed to come out ahead.

I'm wondering if Spring will be around if Hiland does in fact compete with Africentric and is not afraid... never mind will he be around if they manage to beat his beloved team. I'm guessing the answer is no to both.

I'm wondering if Spring will be around if Hiland does in fact compete with Africentric and is not afraid... never mind will he be around if they manage to beat his beloved team. I'm guessing the answer is no to both.
Yes with a upfront view ! They are a skill and drill team from 2 grade on and have a great coach that plays good non league games but with us with this group they are just happy to be at the state final if we both make it.

I could honestly see Africentric getting beat in their Regional tournament, before even making it to state and playing Hiland.

Please this is just high school basketball. Teams should just worry about their own teams. When and if you play them. Be prepared. We kept an eye on them all season. When the time came to play them we just tried to keep them guessing With a solid outside and inside game. They turned us over 25 times (they got their hands on a lot of cross court passes. We held them to very little second shots and managed to come out ahead.
What team are you talking about

I could honestly see Africentric getting beat in their Regional tournament, before even making it to state and playing Hiland.
Not by one of those overrated so called top 10 or 1 loss teams . Margaretta , ottawa , hopewell loudon. . Look berlin is just happy to play africentric in the finals they got pissed when we beat them in the régional 2 years ago and have not recoverd since then and they no they cant beat us so they are happy to setyle for runner up. So i am prepared for the aftermath when it takes place, so matter of fact get it out of anyone system now

I actually was an assistant coach on that squad. Hint there are actually three starters from that team which currently start at D1 teams. And the 4th starter holds the Ohsaa three point career record. Bigger hint one starter was big ten freshman of the year.

I actually was an assistant coach on that squad. Hint there are actually three starters from that team which currently start at D1 teams. And the 4th starter holds the Ohsaa three point career record. Bigger hint one starter was big ten freshman of the year.
Naz was on team and she is a very good player and person, your team is better then berlin you also had players . Sorry berlin you dont have players like that team and if its close we've done a terrible job of coaching which quite frankly happens to much.

It's not like Hiland doesn't always compete. 2 years ago it was a double OT game. I can promise you that Hiland will be looking to beat Africentric's brains in and is relishing the opportunity to try. They have the size and strength. The speed and quickness thing is always an issue in that game. Passes that are fine against IVC opponents get picked off and turned into layups against AC. AC can put incredible pressure on defense in the full and half courts.

But the best thing that Hiland has going for them is they have played at least one team better than AC (Winston Salem Christian, top 10 nationally ranked) and lost by 3. There is nothing AC has that WSC didn't throw more of at them. So, it should be a really good one - a war. If Hiland loses, it won't be because they couldn't compete or were afraid. The fear thing is something fans say as a way to talk themselves into it - almost as if they say it, it might help it materialize. Lol. Hiland has seen the elephant already and didn't flinch. Dave Schlabach has prepared them in every way to beat AC this year. It will be interesting to see if they can do it.

There it is... the proactive coach blaming. Classic. You're too predictable dude.
It dam sure wont be the players it will be are fault. But rest assure we will win , and it will be between 15 -30 points so wont have to worry about classic

It's not like Hiland doesn't always compete. 2 years ago it was a double OT game. I can promise you that Hiland will be looking to beat Africentric's brains in and is relishing the opportunity to try. They have the size and strength. The speed and quickness thing is always an issue in that game. Passes that are fine against IVC opponents get picked off and turned into layups against AC. AC can put incredible pressure on defense in the full and half courts.

But the best thing that Hiland has going for them is they have played at least one team better than AC (Winston Salem Christian, top 10 nationally ranked) and lost by 3. There is nothing AC has that WSC didn't throw more of at them. So, it should be a really good one - a war. If Hiland loses, it won't be because they couldn't compete or were afraid. The fear thing is something fans say as a way to talk themselves into it - almost as if they say it, it might help it materialize. Lol. Hiland has seen the elephant already and didn't flinch. Dave Schlabach has prepared them in every way to beat AC this year. It will be interesting to see if they can do it.
Will be on the bench up close to see all the action

Size and strength na. Only thing they have is playing in system for years thats it