PTC County

To be fair, its just karma for Rootstown.

You know how many "transfers" they have had over the last decade just for wrestling?

Pretty much every good wrestler from Ravenna over the last decade "moved" to Rootstown before 9th grade.

Their youth and JH program is good NOW. But most of their stars over the last 10 years were transfers in, their youth and JH didn't get really good until after the HS was already good from transfers.

So sorry, I maybe wrong on this one, but I don't feel sorry for them losing their QB to a "move/transfer".

I wouldn't say most of their stars were transfers in:
The Rovers have had 4 state champs, all in the last 10 years.
Travis and Garrett Linton didn't transfer in and their dad wrestled for Rootstown.
Jake Moore (Princeton) grew up in Rootstown and his dad was state runner-up for the Rovers
Ryan Boyle (KSU) transferred in as a 6th grader from nearby rival Alabama.
All time wins leader and 3 time All State Luke Sorboro ( WVU) grew up in Rootstown
3 time All State Chris Langguth (KSU) grew up in Rootstown

I'm not saying that Rootstown doesn't have many transfers but most of their stars grew up in Rootstown
You can also argue that Rootstown lost a wrestler that was better than anyone that transferred in at the high school level.
State runner-up Lukus Stricker (Harvard) went to Rootstown until 8th grade then wrestled for Hoban.

To be fair, its just karma for Rootstown.

You know how many "transfers" they have had over the last decade just for wrestling?

Pretty much every good wrestler from Ravenna over the last decade "moved" to Rootstown before 9th grade.

Their youth and JH program is good NOW. But most of their stars over the last 10 years were transfers in, their youth and JH didn't get really good until after the HS was already good from transfers.

So sorry, I maybe wrong on this one, but I don't feel sorry for them losing their QB to a "move/transfer".

Curious about this one.

Last edited:
Ironic to hear a Mogadore poster cite open enrollees in terms of building a program.
[/QUOTE]

it’s funny that people think that Mogadore is successful because of open enrollment lol.

Start a list of featured (star) football players from Mogadore who lived outside the district. Do the research and be comprehensive. I will wait.

it’s funny that people think that Mogadore is successful because of open enrollment lol.

Start a list of featured (star) football players from Mogadore who lived outside the district. Do the research and be comprehensive. I will wait.
[/QUOTE]

Not really sure I have a dog in the fight there. I do know that a program’s strength isn’t the stars, but the supporting cast.

It’s common sense that if a school only values and focuses on a single sport in the fall, it’s likely to be successful. Especially a school with the tradition of Mogadore.

Last edited:

Not really sure I have a dog in the fight there. I do know that a program’s strength isn’t the stars, but the supporting cast.

It’s common sense that if a school only values and focuses on a single sport in the fall, it’s likely to be successful. Especially a school with the tradition of Mogadore.
[/QUOTE]
It is true that Mogadore will most likely never field a soccer team. But the golf program has been pretty good, especially over the last 20 years. Cross Country not so much.

Plus, you can't open enroll to Mogadore past about 4th or 5th grade. Each graduating class is full by then. Every open enrollee at the HS, even those on the FB team, have been at Mogadore since early grade school. I don't think they knew in 1st grade if they would be good FB players or not.

Trust me, 2 prominent current Rootstown wrestlers tried to open enroll into Mogadore after their 8th grade year. They were denied, the class was full.

And no, I won't say who, I will not throw the kids under the bus with their school/teammates.

[/QUOTE]

Mogadore would not be able to field a football team or run a school without the influx of open enrollment students.

Mogadore would not be able to field a football team or run a school without the influx of open enrollment students.
[/QUOTE]

I think we are still waiting for someone to post the list of OE football players on the Mogadore rooster. I would be more likely to place a bet that Walsh, Hoban, CVCA, and SVSM have had more kids from Mogadore on their roosters than Mogadore has had OE and play football.

[/QUOTE]
Oh you mean like Ellet. Lol

I think we are still waiting for someone to post the list of OE football players on the Mogadore rooster. I would be more likely to place a bet that Walsh, Hoban, CVCA, and SVSM have had more kids from Mogadore on their roosters than Mogadore has had OE and play football.
[/QUOTE]
I can think of two kids over the past 20 years that open enrolled during high school and started on the football team.

[/QUOTE]

Not a single starter on the team for many years wasn't at Mogadore starting in grade school.

Hot off the presses. I just heard that last years D5 #1 seed Cincinnati Taft will make the trip up to Wildcat Country week 10. WOW!!
Big move for the Cats

This must be trolling. A team from Cincinnati is driving 4 hours to play at.....Mogadore High School ? Are they getting a week off of school? If this is true, could be a long Friday night for guys in green

This must be trolling. A team from Cincinnati is driving 4 hours to play at.....Mogadore High School ? Are they getting a week off of school? If this is true, could be a long Friday night for guys in green

I could see them lodging and touring the HOF in Canton. Cincinnati Indian Hill came up to Minerva to play in the 90s I believe and that’s what they did.

All depends which guys in green. Taft and Mogadore both wear green!!

According to calpreps.com, Mogadore would have been a 10 pt favorite last year...

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Mogadore (OH) 27, [2019] Taft [Robert A.] (Cincinnati, OH) 17

Jmog, super appreciative that you got a score from Calpreps from last season. It completely changes my mind considering cal-preps has never been and were talking about the 2020 version of both teams. I hear Cats graduated playmakers. Taft has them all over the field. Not sure the travel or the matchup makes much sense for either team as a wk 10 kick

Jmog, super appreciative that you got a score from Calpreps from last season. It completely changes my mind considering cal-preps has never been and were talking about the 2020 version of both teams. I hear Cats graduated playmakers. Taft has them all over the field. Not sure the travel or the matchup makes much sense for either team as a wk 10 kick
This cracks me up. Does Mogadore ever have a year where they fall of the face of a cliff and aren’t any good. The program is now at a level where they plug and play without more than slight increase or decrease in overall effectiveness. I can count on one hand how many home games Mogadore has lost in the last 10 years. It did happen last year with a very close loss to Lima Central Catholic. I doubt Taft will be much that more talented than LCC was last year.

This cracks me up. Does Mogadore ever have a year where they fall of the face of a cliff and aren’t any good. The program is now at a level where they plug and play without more than slight increase or decrease in overall effectiveness. I can count on one hand how many home games Mogadore has lost in the last 10 years. It did happen last year with a very close loss to Lima Central Catholic. I doubt Taft will be much that more talented than LCC was last year.

Beautiful stadium and atmosphere up there. And very tough place to win for opposing teams.

Yeah, I'm sure the cupboard at Mogadore is bare for next year...

Losses at home in last decade...
2019-1
2018-0
2017-0
2016-1
2015-0
2014-0
2013-1
2012-0
2011-1
2010-0

So in the last decade Mogadore has 4 total losses at home. Assuming the normal 5 home games (I didn't count each season) thats 46-4 at home in the decade.

That's just regular season, count in their 9 home playoff games out of 10 years that they are 9-0 in, and that's 55-4 at home over the last decade.

I'm a northeast ohio guy. I have the upmost respect for Mogadore. Loved watching them play Kirtland a few years back. Although I joke I'm well aware this is a winnable game for them. I'm simply saying bringing in a D5 playoff team with that kind of talent and speed, week 10, on a saturday with what I've heard Taft brings back, with the schedule Mogadore already has, may not be an ideal finale for the cats.

I love the stats about the last decade and last season etc. But you could've fed those same stats before week 4 or 5 (whenever Lima was) last season when a team came from a long way aways, on a Saturday, with alot of talent, played in Mogadore Stadium, and left with a victory.

Love the cats. Respect the cats. Don't love the scheduling move.

I'm a northeast ohio guy. I have the upmost respect for Mogadore. Loved watching them play Kirtland a few years back. Although I joke I'm well aware this is a winnable game for them. I'm simply saying bringing in a D5 playoff team with that kind of talent and speed, week 10, on a saturday with what I've heard Taft brings back, with the schedule Mogadore already has, may not be an ideal finale for the cats.

I love the stats about the last decade and last season etc. But you could've fed those same stats before week 4 or 5 (whenever Lima was) last season when a team came from a long way aways, on a Saturday, with alot of talent, played in Mogadore Stadium, and left with a victory.

Love the cats. Respect the cats. Don't love the scheduling move.

I think its a great move to schedule them week 10. Might as well find out what you really have by the playing a tough team right before the playoffs. The school I support always plays Manchester week 10 and whether we win or lose we know we will have played a top notch program before we start the playoffs. I figure Mogadore will usually be a 1 or 2 seed, so week 11 will be against a 7 or 8 seed. I betting on Mogadore 99 out of 100 times in a 1-8 or 2-7 match up in round 1. You don't get better by scheduling soft. I understand the strategy behind what you are saying but iron sharpens iron.

[/QUOTE]

I thought they got kids from Springfield and Brimfield. I guess it would make sense if Ellet kids went there too.

I thought they got kids from Springfield and Brimfield. I guess it would make sense if Ellet kids went there too.
[/QUOTE]
No, I meant couldn’t field a team, just like Ellet can’t. Because I wouldn’t call the product they put on the field for a school their size a team Lol.