2019 - 2020 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Schedule

Looking ahead to the d1 tournament at the civic center...biggest concern I have is, McKinley relies almost solely on the three point shot and the civic center is the worst gym in the county to shoot in. On last nights game against St.V....great effort by the Pups..fix the foul shooting!

#22 for the Irish was the best player on the floor tonight but with that being said McKinley has a very good team and are well coached. The refs let calls go on both sides. It was a great game and crazy how many threes that McKinley made tonight to keep it close otherwise I believe it would not have been so close.
We've been a 3pt shooting team all year. If we had been shooting normal shots like we usually do, we likely would have won. We missed a lot of easy stuff. But It was a great game for the fans, just as i thought it would be.

GO BULLDOGS!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

McKinley played the Irish tough, as did Green. If those two match up in the districts, it will be fun!
That's a bigger 'if' than some think. Boardman could knock out McKinley and GlenOak only lost to Green by 2 @ home, so...

Need to win out Pups for nice season and a good feeling going into the road to C-Town...BAM!
We are very close to win #1900 for the Canton McKinley Basketball program- the winningest in Ohio!

Go Bulldogs!

Always, always keep the faith!

Big game @ Wooster tonight. The Generals have won every game this year @ home, and their only loss was a 2 pt game away to Massillon. We need to start with intensity and maintain to come out of there with the win.

Did McKinley pull some of there starters in the 4th quarter against Lake? So they would have enough in the tank for Wooster?

Huge win on the road against a very good team boys,good weekend...BAM!
Wooster had some guys who could shoot the three, they hustled and were well coached. But it seemed to me they just weren't used to seeing McKinley's type of quickness and struggled with it throughout the game. We played pretty good defense most of the game, and our rebounding was solid. Good ball movement finding the open man seems like a Coach V trademark. McKinleybwent into a 4 corners offense with 4 mins to go, and Wooster had a hard time trying to get to the ball. I thought it was a good strategy for the moment. Wooster couldn't seem to get closer than 6 in the second half, usually trailing between 7 and 13.

Our guys did ok for the most part. Still some loss of concentration @ times, but it didn't prove to be costly tonight, luckily..

GO BULLDOGS!

We've been a 3pt shooting team all year. If we had been shooting normal shots like we usually do, we likely would have won. We missed a lot of easy stuff. But It was a great game for the fans, just as i thought it would be.

GO BULLDOGS!

Two can play that woulda/coulda game. The Irish were playing their third game in four days against Green. They were playing on tired legs otherwise they could have had a bigger margin of victory. Just sayin’.

Two can play that woulda/coulda game. The Irish were playing their third game in four days against Green. They were playing on tired legs otherwise they could have had a bigger margin of victory. Just sayin’.
I dont think so. You were lucky to get out alive. What's the all-time series record?

I dont think so. You were lucky to get out alive. What's the all-time series record?

Can.McKinley ~ vs. ~ Ak.SVSM
first game 1981 ~ Last game 2020
McK leads the series 19 to 13

Does not include games against Ak.SV McK leads that series 16 to 4
(series dates 1922 ~ 1964)
McK never played Ak.SM

:>---

SF

Last edited:
Yes those 55 year old HS players with tired legs, come on man? Why talking about Green game, they are making no predictions that they should have or could have won?

Massillon won't be so lucky, 82.
Can.McKinley ~ vs. ~ Ak.SVSM
first game 1981 ~ Last game 2020
McK leads the series 19 to 13

Does not include games against Ak.SV McK leads that series 16 to 4
(series dates 1922 ~ 1964)
McK never played Ak.SM

:>---

SF
Thanks for the research, Ohiopup. So their boys basketball program was the Akron St. Vincent Fighting Irish for most of their existence, and then in the eighties they went co-ed by adding St. Mary's girls high school. How did that make their boys basketball team any different? I've never seen our guys get swatted by their girls before. :)

Imho has to be Bulldogs 35. Irish 17 all-time series record

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESSIS TRADITION

Yes those 55 year old HS players with tired legs, come on man? Why talking about Green game, they are making no predictions that they should have or could have won?

Clearly you did not read the post that prompted my response. A Green fan said his team had a bad shooting night from 3 point range the night they played STVM. Had they shot their regular percentage they would have won. It was his “excuse” for not winning. Hence my reply. Now do you get it?

Clearly you did not read the post that prompted my response. A Green fan said his team had a bad shooting night from 3 point range the night they played STVM. Had they shot their regular percentage they would have won. It was his “excuse” for not winning. Hence my reply. Now do you get it?
JJ Bulldog is actually a McK fan, that was his response. I couldn't figure out how Green got thrown into the mix. They made no excuses, lost to the better team. Good luck!