Mogadore schedule 2020

Mogadore also played them in 2001 in the Regional Semifinals. That one was pretty lopsided in Mogadore’s favor. I should remember the final score, because I played in that game, but I don’t. Maybe 42-7?. Not sure.

Mogadore played TIffin Calvert in the state semifinals in 1980 losing to the State Champion Senecas 6-0 on the final play of the game.

If I remember correctly it was a botched snap on a FG try and the holder ended up throwing a TD pass....Calvert then beat Newark Catholic for the title. They repeated in 1981 as well.

Mogadore also played them in 2001 in the Regional Semifinals. That one was pretty lopsided in Mogadore’s favor. I should remember the final score, because I played in that game, but I don’t. Maybe 42-7?. Not sure.
I just looked it up, it was 42-7.

Lucas has a pretty brutal schedule already while Mogadore has a fairly easy schedule

Mogadore's schedule includes:
W1 vs. Field - D4 team that is improving, but still not good.
W2 vs. Triway - D4 team that just missed the playoffs last year.
W3 @ Meadowbrook - D4 team that just missed the playoffs last year
W4 @ Lima CC - One of the best teams in D6 last season, a playoff team.
W5 vs. Western Reserve Academy - D6 Playoff team last year
W6 vs. Rootstown - D5 Playoff team last year
W7 OPEN
W8 vs. Garfield - D5 playoff team last year
W9 vs. Southeast - not very good
W10 OPEN

Lucus' schedule includes...
W1: vs. Danville - not very good, close to terrible
W2: @ Hillsdale - D6 playoff team
W3: vs. Harvest Prep - D7 playoff team
W4: @ Troy Christian - not good D7 team
W5: vs. Willard - bad D5 team
W6: @ Trimble - D6 playoff team
W7: OPEN
W8: vs. Fisher Catholic - D7 playoff team
W9: vs. LaBrae - not good D6 school
W10: vs. Mifflin - terrible D2 team

So, Mogadore has 4 playoff teams from last year and 2 D4 teams that just missed out out of 8 teams.
Lucus has 4 playoff teams from last year out of 9 teams.

Are you so sure that Lucus has some insane schedule and Mogadore has an easy one?

Still don't understand Cuyahoga Heights or Lucas dodging the Wildcats. If it is a home game for either they are assured a hig gate as Mogadore travels well. And both have played Mogadore in the past, especially Heights.

Mogadore’s schedule is pretty easy but jmog loves to spin it
Last year Mogadore had the 9th toughest schedule in all of d6 according to Fantastic50, Lucus had the 8th best in D7.

you still sure that Lucus’ schedule is so much better?

Obviously you can’t say how tough a schedule is until after the season and how good teams are. But Mogadore easily played a tougher schedule in 2019 than Lucas (not to say Lucas played an easy schedule, but Mogadore’s was very tough as usual)

Obviously you can’t say how tough a schedule is until after the season and how good teams are. But Mogadore easily played a tougher schedule in 2019 than Lucas (not to say Lucas played an easy schedule, but Mogadore’s was very tough as usual)
100% correct, nothing you said is wrong.

Raider just doesn't understand that and/or is just trolling.

We can switch from the subject of why a team that went to state won't play Mogadore. No one will ever be able to figure that out. Cuyahoga Heights has done that to the cats also.
Hot off the presses. I just heard that last years D5 #1 seed Cincinnati Taft will make the trip up to Wildcat Country week 10. WOW!!
Big move for the Cats.

I heard Mogadore tried to add Div 7 State finalist Lucas and Lucas said no.
Also Cuyahoga Heights said no
I'll see about this. I don't know why we would turn down Mogadore when we already scheduled the likes of Trimble, Harvest Prep & Hillsdale. Look back over the years, we will play anyone.

Last edited:
Yes. Lucas, a team who has opted in the last couple years to schedule Lima Central Catholic, Cincinnati Aiken, West Jefferson, Saint Charles and a Coshocton team that won a regional championship the year prior saw “Mogadore” and ran.

Give me a break.

I believe The Dock is right, I doubt Lucas is running from Mogadore. Perhaps Lucas felt they had a good enough 2020 schedule to make the playoffs and
* Lucas was looking for a game closer to home vs a wk 10 opponent not as difficult so they could rest up for the playoffs
* perhaps Lucas already have an opponent in the works for wk 10
* maybe Lucas is ok with a bye in wk 10.

It worked out for Mogadore, they will face a DV opponent who should have 7 or 8 wins and will give them a different look - I would think Cincinnati Taft will be as fast or faster at the skilled position as anyone on Mogadore's schedule.

Or is it possible that Lucas already has an agreement for Week 7 and are waiting to make it official? Sometimes, with scheduling, things are set in motion but not finalized and on the Web as they happen. Just a hunch, but pretty sure Lucas' week 7 opponent will be official early next month.

Last edited:
Yes. Lucas, a team who has opted in the last couple years to schedule Lima Central Catholic, Cincinnati Aiken, West Jefferson, Saint Charles and a Coshocton team that won a regional championship the year prior saw “Mogadore” and ran.

Give me a break.
I'll check into this and get back with everyone. Like I said before, I highly doubt Lucas is running from anyone. We have permanently added Hillsdale to our schedule and scheduled Fort Loramie and Wynford for 2021-2022 season. Come on, folks.

So Mogadore added Cincinnati Taft in week 10. Is Mogadore still lacking a game?? I'm thinking 9 games, 7 home, 2 away at Meadowbrook and Lima Central Catholic. Correct??

Or is it possible that Lucas already has an agreement for Week 7 and are waiting to make it official? Sometimes, with scheduling, things are set in motion but not finalized and on the Web as they happen. Just a hunch, but pretty sure Lucas' week 7 opponent will be official early next month.

Lucas scheduled Gibsonburg for week 7 and that had been in the works