Bearcats basketball 2019-2020

Sat in the very last row tonight, which was good because I spent the last 11 minutes or so pacing around. ? Vogt can be so damn frustrating sy times. He has incredibly weak hands.

Another epic comeback and the crowd was electric. Tre Scott is amazing

Adams-Woods and Davenport both made up for Cumberland tonight. I didn't realize how good of a play Adams-Woods made on the final play of regulation until I got home and watched it on tv. Great block

This team isn’t very good, but I’ve enjoyed watching them compete over the last few weeks. I guess maybe I underestimated what Brennen brought to the table.

Sat in the very last row tonight, which was good because I spent the last 11 minutes or so pacing around. ?

I almost prefer sitting higher up than down low. Especially with larger groups. Also don't have to worry about people yelling at you to sit down. It helps that there isn't a bad view in the arena now.

Basketball refs do not have a conference affiliation. But they were horrible tonight

I did not know that, thanks for the info.

This team isn’t very good, but I’ve enjoyed watching them compete over the last few weeks. I guess maybe I underestimated what Brennen brought to the table.
Remember how bad Tre was on offense at the beginning of this season? Dude is aggressive and on fire now, at the right time too, with Cumberland going ice cold. Gotta imagine that Brannen has a lot to do with that. That was a HUGE win last night. MAW is going to be a very good and important player for the next couple seasons, and if Davenport can get some consistent run and confidence, I think he showed what he can bring to the team. Harvey is that potential next UC defensive boss. Gonna be an exciting and stressful end to the season....

I almost prefer sitting higher up than down low. Especially with larger groups. Also don't have to worry about people yelling at you to sit down. It helps that there isn't a bad view in the arena now.

I did not know that, thanks for the info.
Those seats used to be so bad. What’s improved with them? Just curious.

Those seats used to be so bad. What’s improved with them? Just curious.

The top of the arena is just more open so it's easier to see. Can see the jumbotron, the screens in the corners with the players stats. I hadn't been in the upper level at the old arena in a good 10-12 years so I'm sure my memory is a bit warped but it also felt like part of the court was blocked if you were up high enough. Not the case now. Plus, if you have young kids and sit in the last row, there's a lot of open space for them to run/play. Makes it easier for families to enjoy the game without distracting those around them.

The top of the arena is just more open so it's easier to see. Can see the jumbotron, the screens in the corners with the players stats. I hadn't been in the upper level at the old arena in a good 10-12 years so I'm sure my memory is a bit warped but it also felt like part of the court was blocked if you were up high enough. Not the case now. Plus, if you have young kids and sit in the last row, there's a lot of open space for them to run/play. Makes it easier for families to enjoy the game without distracting those around them.
Sounds good. Yeah, if I remember correct, you had to kind of look straight down to see the court and there were obstructions.

I will say one thing I dislike about the new arena is the curved video/stat boards in the corners. They're impossible to read. Would also be nice if they removed all the bleachers and put seats in all the rows.

I don't attend many games so when I do it's worth it to me to shell out a little bit extra to sit in some good seats. For the UNLV game I sat in the first row of the upper deck in one of the corners. They were great. For most sporting events I'll shell out the extra cash. I can't stand nosebleeds. I like feeling like I'm part of the crowd.

UCLA grinds out another brutal offensive performance to beat Washington and is now one game back of first place in the Pac12. I expected nothing less from Mick. :LOL: He's taken a team that scored 78ppg last year to under 70 this year but reduced opponent ppg from 78 to 68. The guy has a coaching style and he is sticking to it

Three years ago UCLA was scoring 90 ppg with run and gun Steve Alford and Lonzo Ball. Now they are watching Mick's offense lol. That has to be tough

That sounds dumb, especially when it's one of your teams biggest weaknesses and has undoubtedly cost them some comfortable wins.

That sounds dumb, especially when it's one of your teams biggest weaknesses and has undoubtedly cost them some comfortable wins.
What sounds dumb? I was being sarcastic. Of course coaches make players take extra fts if they are struggling. Have you ever played competitive baskeball?

You're a smug sometimes so it's tough to tell when you're being sarcastic.

So then what's the problem? I don't see any scenario where the coaches aren't at least partly to blame for poor FT shooting.

For the 25+ years I have been a UC basketball fan, I can NEVER remember them being a good free throw shooting team. From Huggs to Mick to now. It's frustrating to watch them turn possible comfortable wins into hair-graying wins/losses at least a handful of times a season because they can't make the free ones. Especially the guards. That said, take the road W, especially against ECU, who for whatever reason, always plays us tough at their house, and get the hell home.

How many points has UC surrendered in the past seven or eight games from failed half-court alley-oops? Has to be over twenty. Slow the f down