Western Reserve Job

jnjcoach

Who do you think the front runners for the Western Reserve job are? Does Jason Cochran have the best shot since he was on staff? Does someone like Brian Shaner apply since he was on staff before and is a history teacher? Thoughts? I was told last week that 11 people had applied but none had head coaching experience, this week its up to 16.

Shaner would try to bring in a lot of outside OE kids. He did it at Niles and is doing it at Ridge. That was a big reason for the issues at Niles. I know Reserve already gets their fair share but he would try to infuse some more. As far as culture goes, the HC usually sets it. Niles' culture changed pretty quickly after he left. I think there are much better choices out there.

Shaner would try to bring in a lot of outside OE kids. He did it at Niles and is doing it at Ridge. That was a big reason for the issues at Niles. I know Reserve already gets their fair share but he would try to infuse some more. As far as culture goes, the HC usually sets it. Niles' culture changed pretty quickly after he left. I think there are much better choices out there.

Sooo just like Hake did at reserve too

Typical spread type stuff that everyone runs. More importantly is the total lack of discipline that his teams had at Niles. Could be different at a different school but I'm not so sure.

The reason that the spread offense is used so often at smaller schools is that it doesn't require that the O-Line be full of giants. You can get away with medium-small sized kids who are strong and have good technique. Being at a small school, you're not always going to have monsters to put on the O-Line every year. Now that just about everyone runs it, I kind of miss the wishbone, veer, and wing-t lol.

The reason that the spread offense is used so often at smaller schools is that it doesn't require that the O-Line be full of giants. You can get away with medium-small sized kids who are strong and have good technique. Being at a small school, you're not always going to have monsters to put on the O-Line every year. Now that just about everyone runs it, I kind of miss the wishbone, veer, and wing-t lol.
I know. When the spread first hit it was revolutionary. Now its ho hum. QBs can't even take a snap from under center anymore. I keep saying it, if anyone perfected the old Oklahoma wishbone, the one from the 80s, they could wreak havoc. DBs wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Lol.

This is a great job. Tradition, Success, Favorable schedule and community support plus tons of open enrollment kids. Hake was a great motivator but not a great X&O guy. Someone with some real football knowledge could really put them over the top.

Dota would be a great fit coming form the EBC. Also think some of the good coordinators from the PTC area could fill that role really well. Both of those leagues are much better than the MVAC.

Is there a teaching job available (other than Smokin' Andy's vacant position?)

Haven’t heard any rumors in Columbiana about him leaving, but this seems like a prime opportunity for one of the three head coaches Spaite has on staff.
Who are the three head coaches on staff? I always thought Dota was a good coach but does WR want to hire a guy who has already been let go by two districts? Would be interesting to see what they are looking for...I’m not positive on this but I think their last two hires were first time head coaches...and they have done pretty well.

I know. When the spread first hit it was revolutionary. Now its ho hum. QBs can't even take a snap from under center anymore. I keep saying it, if anyone perfected the old Oklahoma wishbone, the one from the 80s, they could wreak havoc. DBs wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Lol.

Lucas used a similar style of offense to take them to the state championship game.

^ ^ ^ This guy Malutic on Twitter mentioned Hulea was also going to be interviewed, and he states (without naming them) that at least two more individuals, one whom he apparently knows of but cannot for some reason reveal, will also get a shot.

He seems to be plugged in.

Any guesses as to the other two mystery applicants?

^ ^ ^ This guy Malutic on Twitter mentioned Hulea was also going to be interviewed, and he states (without naming them) that at least two more individuals, one whom he apparently knows of but cannot for some reason reveal, will also get a shot.

He seems to be plugged in.

Any guesses as to the other two mystery applicants?
That kid isn’t plugged in he gets info from random places by begging for knowledge and posting it like he is plugged in. It’s comical

That kid isn’t plugged in he gets info from random places by begging for knowledge and posting it like he is plugged in. It’s comical
Agree...don’t know who he is but it seems like he is just winging it. I have heard one of the “mystery” applicants is Chet Allen from Liberty. I can’t believe no reporter has gotten that list yet. So if Cochran and Buente were on staff...who are Jay Lude and Mike Devies?

Agree...don’t know who he is but it seems like he is just winging it. I have heard one of the “mystery” applicants is Chet Allen from Liberty. I can’t believe no reporter has gotten that list yet. So if Cochran and Buente were on staff...who are Jay Lude and Mike Devies?
I figured Chet would go bigger but might be a good fit for him