Massillon Football 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this was covered earlier in this thread, but I just saw a Facebook post claiming Massillon and St. John Bosco will meet this season at Benson. Any validity to this?

I don't know if this was covered earlier in this thread, but I just saw a Facebook post claiming Massillon and St. John Bosco will meet this season at Benson. Any validity to this?

I seen them a few times on ESPN when they had Tate Martel. I think 3 straight national championships(?). Anyhow pretty darn good then. Should be fun - I hope. Barring any changes.

It says week 1 TBD?
They must have changed it because I clicked on it when I first saw it yesterday and it did say Massillon. It all has to be a farce....Starkcountylegend says we won't play any big boys like Ignatius and hes right, they're not on the schedule this year.... ....wait....what? They are? Hmmm....week 5 you say? Everyone in stark county must have scheduled them and week 5 is our turn. Wait....what? They didnt? Just us you say? Hmmm. The stark county schools must have had to decide between playing Ignatius or Massillon and they choose us, that's why Ignatius isnt on THEIR schedules....Wait....what? Neither Iggy OR us is on any of their schedules? Hmmm. Well....I'm sure they have tough non-conference games....wait....what? They don't schedule anyone tough? Hmmm.

Last edited:
We still have 1 more state football championship than Mass. Win something and then talk.
Then you are comfortable with the current state of your program? A program that used to compete with the big dogs in Ohio High School Football when it was at its best. A school that garnered respect just at the mention of their name. A school that is now a shell of its former self. A school that has dropped Alllllllllll the way down to Division 5. Now....it's not a crime that you dropped, I don't laugh TOO hard at that fact, what I DO laugh at is the fact that you dropped to Division 5....AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN COMPETITIVE THERE. So, long story short ya old he's been. Would I rather still be searching for my first playoff title and still be a MAJOR player in one of the upper divisions....or would I rather have a solitary playoff title....but have dropped down SO far that it's pretty much an embarrassment....and have lost 4 in a row to....lol....East Cleveland Shaw? So....in summary.... ....you say, "win something and then talk," you guys won your playoff Championship and nobody is talking about you....unless you consider being the butt of the joke talk.

The short and long of it is that Mass. has 0 -ships. You Mass. robots have more hype than the Democratic party.
Haven't won a playoff game in 16 years (kids who weren't alive when you won your last playoff game are now driving.)

Average regional finish while splitting time between divisions 4, 5 and 6 is 15th place

Four straight losses to East Cleveland Shaw.

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.