RECRUITING!!!!

Seen it wreck basketball in our city and now it’s happening in soccer. Coaches talking to kids that are in one high school trying to get them to transfer. One school in particular. Started last year and happening again this year!!!!!! SNAKES!!!!!

Schools don't own students. They should be free to attend any school that will accept them for any reason they and their parents see fit, and participate in all activites the school offers.
I don't think that is what people are implying. But it is a OHSAA violation for a representative of a private school to attempt to persuade players to attend their school with voice promises. And if it is a head coach doing this, they should be suspended, there is an ethical line that should not be crossed; especially if you are using your position at a club soccer organization to persuade players to go to your private school. Its wrong!!

I don't think that is what people are implying.

I think that's exactly what many are inplying.

But it is a OHSAA violation for a representative of a private school to attempt to persuade players to attend their school with voice promises. And if it is a head coach doing this, they should be suspended, there is an ethical line that should not be crossed; especially if you are using your position at a club soccer organization to persuade players to go to your private school. Its wrong!!

That something is against the rules does not make something wrong. If you want to argue that the coach's actions in your scenario are wrong, give me a real reason.

Schools don't own students. They should be free to attend any school that will accept them for any reason they and their parents see fit, and participate in all activites the school offers.

I agree. While I think it is unwise for a family to switch schools for athletics, given the probabilities of an athletic scholarship, it should be their prerogative.

That something is against the rules does not make something wrong. If you want to argue that the coach's actions in your scenario are wrong, give me a real reason.

If a coach is actively recruiting a player, it's against OSHAA rules and there are punishments for that.

Posting a vague, random accusation and not even mentioning a name is just trolling, however.

I don't think that is what people are implying. But it is a OHSAA violation for a representative of a private school to attempt to persuade players to attend their school with voice promises. And if it is a head coach doing this, they should be suspended, there is an ethical line that should not be crossed; especially if you are using your position at a club soccer organization to persuade players to go to your private school. Its wrong!!

BINGO!!!!!!!

BINGO!!!!!!!
Many of the area and states most successful coaches also coach club. They do it because they are great coaches and love the game. If you think that only one school and coach uses club coaching to draw players to their school you are misinformed. Ignatius's head coach runs an 06 and 07 team for Pennine, New Albany's coach started his own club team, Moeller and Wyoming coaches coach at CUP, Elder Walnut and X all have coaches for KHA (X also has a parent who was former president and is now on the board at KHA), Summit's coach is the director of coaching for every boys team at Ohio Elite. Mason's coach runs a camp for all kids in the city and coaches club too. Don't know how you came down to one school in particular here but coaches who are successful are asked to coach at successful clubs. Drawing these vague accusations seems childish to me.

I think it's also an OHSAA violation for a representative of a public school to do the same thing.

Many of the area and states most successful coaches also coach club. They do it because they are great coaches and love the game. If you think that only one school and coach uses club coaching to draw players to their school you are misinformed. Ignatius's head coach runs an 06 and 07 team for Pennine, New Albany's coach started his own club team, Moeller and Wyoming coaches coach at CUP, Elder Walnut and X all have coaches for KHA (X also has a parent who was former president and is now on the board at KHA), Summit's coach is the director of coaching for every boys team at Ohio Elite. Mason's coach runs a camp for all kids in the city and coaches club too. Don't know how you came down to one school in particular here but coaches who are successful are asked to coach at successful clubs. Drawing these vague accusations seems childish to me.

the Anderson coach is a coach at KHA, the newly hired Middletown coach is the DOC of his own club, and this is all only on the boys side.

Kids and families will rarely make a move to transfer schools if it is not for the best interest of the kid at a holistic level. HS soccer will not get these kids college scholarships. In fact, good players playing at lower achieving schools often end up getting accolades they wouldn’t if they played along side better players who outshine them.

the best form of recruitment is creating a program that is successful and helps boys transform into young men with character and values. There are a few programs who do just that a draw kids away from programs who aren’t doing so. They should not be ridiculed, they should be celebrated.

want players to stay and play in the district they live in? Hire a coach who can run a program people want to be a part of.

I think it's also an OHSAA violation for a representative of a public school to do the same thing.
I was wondering why no one acknowledged this! HSfooty just assumed it was a private school coach- or is just biased against the private schools. I think anyone who has been around high school sports long enough knows public schools are guilty also.

I was wondering why no one acknowledged this! HSfooty just assumed it was a private school coach- or is just biased against the private schools. I think anyone who has been around high school sports long enough knows public schools are guilty also.
No assumption; but yes it could happen with a public school also; unfortunately for most schools (one's that do not have open enrollment) that player would have to leave in the district, but its more common for private schools to bend/ break the rules. As far as proof, if I did I would definitely inform OHSAA, I was just merely comment on Whistleblower's post. Not going to lie, I have heard that this type of "recruiting" occurs and it was all from private schools. Not judging; but at some point OHSAA needs to begin to look at some of the trends in HS soccer in Ohio; there is a link at the top that gives some fairly telling information about state championships.....if you want t to look!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your blanket statement that all those coaches named do it for the “love of the game” is HILARIOUS! Yes, many of those coaches do it because they love coaching and to supplement their income. But then there are SOME that just do it as PR STUNT.
Those that don’t have their BLINDERS on know exactly which HS I’m referring to. If you don’t, just wait until next Fall when magically a varsity roster is filled with juniors and seniors who were never in the program prior to this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA your blanket statement that all those coaches named do it for the “love of the game” is HILARIOUS! Yes, many of those coaches do it because they love coaching and to supplement their income. But then there are SOME that just do it as PR STUNT.
Those that don’t have their BLINDERS on know exactly which HS I’m referring to. If you don’t, just wait until next Fall when magically a varsity roster is filled with juniors and seniors who were never in the program prior to this.
And I’ll BET they mainly come from one club!!!

No assumption; but yes it could happen with a public school also; unfortunately for most schools (one's that do not have open enrollment) that player would have to leave in the district,
Lol. So you're obviously not aware that somewhere around 80% of public schools have open enrollment are you? The overwhelming majority of schools would not require the kids to move from their home district at all.

You will have to forgive me if I don't think you know what you're talking about....

Lol. So you're obviously not aware that somewhere around 80% of public schools have open enrollment are you? The overwhelming majority of schools would not require the kids to move from their home district at all.

You will have to forgive me if I don't think you know what you're talking about....
Winbypin; if your going to quote stats at least be accurate %76 in the entire state of Ohio. But in the Cincinnati area and Cleveland area it is about %47 and %30 respectfully. SO there are some numbers wise . If you foucsed on the entire post, that was never the point. Point is that most of the recruiting is being conducted by private school coaches!! But thanks for the encouragement!!

One point of clarification - Ignatius' coach runs the 05 and 07 teams. Specifically, the teams his sons' play on.

Winbypin; if your going to quote stats at least be accurate %76 in the entire state of Ohio. But in the Cincinnati area and Cleveland area it is about %47 and %30 respectfully. SO there are some numbers wise . If you foucsed on the entire post, that was never the point. Point is that most of the recruiting is being conducted by private school coaches!! But thanks for the encouragement!!
Ok. The exact number is 83.6% per the ODE for 2019/2020 school year. 76.6% statewide open enrollment and 7% adjacent district open enrollment.

Again, forgive me if I take the rest of your "information" with a pretty large grain of salt.

Ok. The exact number is 83.6% per the ODE for 2019/2020 school year. 76.6% statewide open enrollment and 7% adjacent district open enrollment.

Again, forgive me if I take the rest of your "information" with a pretty large grain of salt.
Once again; this is not the point of the post. Possible think about adding to the conversation instead of trolling and attempting to correct information from other people's post. Try having an original thought or opinion, which I doubt you have....so keep correcting people. Good job!!

The percent (%) sign goes after the number.

It's also you're and focused.

Once again; this is not the point of the post. Possible think about adding to the conversation instead of trolling and attempting to correct information from other people's post. Try having an original thought or opinion, which I doubt you have....so keep correcting people. Good job!!
Ok but your statement was that to transfer or get recruited to a public school MOST kids have move districts. Which is a false statement when THAT many public districts offer open enrollment.

That being said....yes, public schools also do unscrupulous things as well. The reality is the schools, both public and private, that have programs with strong tradition recruit themselves. Do some push the limits? Sure. Most live within the rules.

As someone else said....if you know something turn them in.

As far as proof, if I did I would definitely inform OHSAA, I was just merely comment on Whistleblower's post. Not going to lie, I have heard that this type of "recruiting" occurs and it was all from private schools. Not judging; but at some point OHSAA needs to begin to look at some of the trends in HS soccer in Ohio
Please read people's entire post, Winbypin. Here is part of my original post.