Future of the SWBL

I believe so. I’ve felt that Milton vs New Bremen or MU vs Minster would be good matchups. Minster might be a bigger hill to climb. Ft Loramie not joining the conference was a let down for me.

I really think the SWBL needs to keep their identity as the small school league in Dayton. I don't want Waynesville, Madison, and Carlisle to leave. I actually think it's time for Bellbrook and Franklin to go. Bump Sidney to the MVL North (ridiculous that they are in the "Valley" division, the South)

SWBL- Waynesville, Madison, Carlisle, Valley View, Eaton, Brookville, Oakwood, Monroe
MVL North- Troy, Piqua, Sidney, Greenville, Tipp, Butler
MVL South- Bellbrook, Franklin, Xenia, Fairborn, West Carrollton, Stebbins

Franklin already plays Xenia. Bellbrook used to and plays Fairborn now.

Why in the world you'd leave Monroe in there is beyond me. In last year's football divisional alignment, Bellbrook was at 320 while Monroe was at 335. And besides, who considers Monroe a "small school ... in Dayton"?

Why in the world you'd leave Monroe in there is beyond me. In last year's football divisional alignment, Bellbrook was at 320 while Monroe was at 335. And besides, who considers Monroe a "small school ... in Dayton"?
Monroe is your talking point? Monroe isn’t competing vs the league as it is.

i mean i could see Monroe leaving for the same league as Edgewood but Franklin and Bellbrook are much more competitive than Monroe so i think they would make more sense to jump ship.

Yes, that's true. But I thought the point of Dograt's post was not competitiveness but size. At least that's what it seemed. No mention was made of competitiveness, only size. But I concede that Monroe is not as competitive. That may be a matter of time though. And if Bellbrook and Franklin were to leave, that would leave Monroe as the largest school by a huge amount.

Just for reality. The SWBL going down to 7 schools is not happening. It's easy to kick 2 schools out who have somewhere to go. Bellbrook and Franklin to the MVL makes sense, Monroe doesn't geographically or competitively. Since there is no way the SWBL will knock itself down to 7 schools, the options were keep Monroe or add in another team in their place (some on here are asking for Clinton-Massie). I chose keeping the Hornets, but have no issue if others have a better #8.

Just for reality. The SWBL going down to 7 schools is not happening. It's easy to kick 2 schools out who have somewhere to go. Bellbrook and Franklin to the MVL makes sense, Monroe doesn't geographically or competitively. Since there is no way the SWBL will knock itself down to 7 schools, the options were keep Monroe or add in another team in their place (some on here are asking for Clinton-Massie). I chose keeping the Hornets, but have no issue if others have a better #8.
i feel like Monroe could fit in the league with Talawanda/Edgewood fairly well but i have no problem with them in the SWBL

i feel like Monroe could fit in the league with Talawanda/Edgewood fairly well but i have no problem with them in the SWBL
I agree and I feel like it still makes more sense for Franklin/Monroe to end up in a league with Ross, Edgewood and Talawanda. I still think it's more likely that those schools join the SWBL and the SWBL splits into 2 divisions again. I think that could help with the small schools that are still in the SWBL as well, if they wouldn't be stuck playing all the larger schools in the league every year.

I agree and I feel like it still makes more sense for Franklin/Monroe to end up in a league with Ross, Edgewood and Talawanda. I still think it's more likely that those schools join the SWBL and the SWBL splits into 2 divisions again. I think that could help with the small schools that are still in the SWBL as well, if they wouldn't be stuck playing all the larger schools in the league every year.
that’s true but what if Bellbrook, Franklin, and Monroe all leave? Franklin and Bellbrook to the MVL and Monroe to the SWOC

that’s true but what if Bellbrook, Franklin, and Monroe all leave? Franklin and Bellbrook to the MVL and Monroe to the SWOC
If those schools leave then there will need to be additional discussions. I was only speaking about the other scenario being more likely because I had heard that those discussions were already in the works..... with Edgewood/Talawanda/Ross being added to the SWBL . Not saying it's a for sure thing, and I'm not even sure all the details. It wouldn't make sense to add 3 teams, and they would need a 4th. But I had heard that these discussions were already going on with the SWBL. If those schools were joining, I find it unlikely Franklin would want to leave for the MVL.

Think MML. That’s what the SWBL will be, MML-lite.
It makes sense for the league to go after a Clinton Massie with the gate and attention they will bring. McSurely is a Niswonger clone and the school fits well into the league from a culture standpoint. Win-win.
Edgewood and Talawanda are good fits too, geographically. So who’s the 4th school? I say Wilmington. Valley View already schedules them and I would think they would be a better fit than Little Miami but either would be great.
So you would have...
SW division?
Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe
Edgewood
Talawanda
Clinton Massie
Wilmington

Buckeye div?
Carlisle
Madison
Oakwood
Brookville
Waynesville
Valley View
Eaton

Think MML. That’s what the SWBL will be, MML-lite.
It makes sense for the league to go after a Clinton Massie with the gate and attention they will bring. McSurely is a Niswonger clone and the school fits well into the league from a culture standpoint. Win-win.
Edgewood and Talawanda are good fits too, geographically. So who’s the 4th school? I say Wilmington. Valley View already schedules them and I would think they would be a better fit than Little Miami but either would be great.
So you would have...
SW division?
Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe
Edgewood
Talawanda
Clinton Massie
Wilmington

Buckeye div?
Carlisle
Madison
Oakwood
Brookville
Waynesville
Valley View
Or even an East-West alignment...
East:
Clinton massie
Bellbrook
Waynesville
Wilmington
Oakwood
Monroe
Franklin

West:
Eaton
Brookville
Talawanda
Edgewood
Valley View
Carlisle
Madison

just fun to talk about

Big: All D2 and D3 teams
Edgewood
Talawanda
Wilmington
Franklin
Monroe
Ross
Bellbrook
Fenwick

Small: All D4 and D5 teams
Clinton Massie
Oakwood
Valley View
Eaton
Waynesville
Carlisle
Brookville
Madison

Little Miami isn't coming they just joined ECC and will be D1 in all sports soon, that community is booming. 8 and 8 is the perfect number no mandatory crossover games making the small schools get thumped by the big schools. You get 7 league games and 3 non conference, in basketball you get 14 league games and 8 non conference.

Big: All D2 and D3 teams
Edgewood
Talawanda
Wilmington
Franklin
Monroe
Ross
Bellbrook
Fenwick

Small: All D4 and D5 teams
Clinton Massie
Oakwood
Valley View
Eaton
Waynesville
Carlisle
Brookville
Madison

Little Miami isn't coming they just joined ECC and will be D1 in all sports soon, that community is booming. 8 and 8 is the perfect number no mandatory crossover games making the small schools get thumped by the big schools. You get 7 league games and 3 non conference, in basketball you get 14 league games and 8 non conference.
at 8 and 8, why stay one league? Split up, smalls keep SWBL and bigs bring back the MML.

at 8 and 8, why stay one league? Split up, smalls keep SWBL and bigs bring back the MML.
Something like that would work. That would be a big split if it stayed one league. I do think there's a chance if they do split into 2 leagues, that Bellbrook could be more interested in joining the MVL rather than the above mentioned split. You never know though.

Bellbrook could join the MVL but I’m sure they want to keep their relationship with the SWBL.
I like what Dograt proposes.

Here’s your SWBL8 and MML8.
SWBL:
Carlisle-d5
Madison-d5
Waynesville-D4
Oakwood-D4
Eaton-D4
Valley View-D4
Brookville-d5
Clinton Massie-D4

MML:
Bellbrook-D3
Franklin-D3
Monroe-D3
Edgewood-D2
Talawanda-D2
Wilmington-D3
Trotwood Madison-D3
Ross-D2

imagine a game between Clinton Massie (SWBL) and Trotwood (MML). Basketball would also be great with Franklin and Trotwood.

SWBL:
Carlisle-d5
Madison-d5
Waynesville-D4
Oakwood-D4
Eaton-D4
Valley View-D4
Brookville-d5
Clinton Massie-D4

MML:
Bellbrook-D3
Franklin-D3
Monroe-D3
Edgewood-D2
Talawanda-D2
Wilmington-D3
Trotwood Madison-D3
Ross-D2

imagine a game between Clinton Massie (SWBL) and Trotwood (MML). Basketball would also be great with Franklin and Trotwood.
I just don't like adding Trotwood, and I don't believe the schools involved would get on board with this. Basketball wouldn't be great. Trotwood will blow everybody out by 40-50 points.... including Franklin.

I just don't like adding Trotwood, and I don't believe the schools involved would get on board with this. Basketball wouldn't be great. Trotwood will blow everybody out by 40-50 points.... including Franklin.
Totally understand but sometimes leagues look at exposure and a Trotwood would give a new league exposure. Not sure Ross or Badin would be a good fit here either.
maybe Ross. I’m not real familiar with that program other than when I was in HS we beat Ross in basketball tournament District title game. That’s it.

SWBL:
Carlisle-d5
Madison-d5
Waynesville-D4
Oakwood-D4
Eaton-D4
Valley View-D4
Brookville-d5
Clinton Massie-D4

MML:
Bellbrook-D3
Franklin-D3
Monroe-D3
Edgewood-D2
Talawanda-D2
Wilmington-D3
Trotwood Madison-D3
Ross-D2

remove trotwood and ross and move someone you to the “big school” division (clinton massie?) and this is an awesome league for everyone i think.

Any talk of Ross, Edgewood and Talawanda being separated is highly unlikely in any scenario. If people are throwing out mythical leagues at least keep that in mind.
Well, they used to say the same thing about Milton-Union and Tipp City. Same league for 57 years. 1944-2001.
As for Trotwood, that was an eye opener. Of course they would never be included in the SWBL.

Any talk of Ross, Edgewood and Talawanda being separated is highly unlikely in any scenario. If people are throwing out mythical leagues at least keep that in mind.
Agreed. I know it's fun to speculate difference scenarios, but I keep mentioning Ross, Edgewood and Talawanda because I heard from a decent source (someone that should know), that these 3 schools being added were already in discussion. Like it was to the point of taking a league vote to add these schools. I think from a dream scenario it's fun to think of Clinton Massie being added, I just don't know how realistic that is.

Agreed. I know it's fun to speculate difference scenarios, but I keep mentioning Ross, Edgewood and Talawanda because I heard from a decent source (someone that should know), that these 3 schools being added were already in discussion. Like it was to the point of taking a league vote to add these schools. I think from a dream scenario it's fun to think of Clinton Massie being added, I just don't know how realistic that is.
But adding the 3 you listed brings the league to 13. Someone has to be the 4th school to add, No way the league is bringing in Ross, Talawanda, and Edgewood and staying at 13 teams. C-M makes as much sense as anyone. Much more than Trotwood!

But adding the 3 you listed brings the league to 13. Someone has to be the 4th school to add, No way the league is bringing in Ross, Talawanda, and Edgewood and staying at 13 teams. C-M makes as much sense as anyone. Much more than Trotwood!
For sure there would need to be one more team with the 3 mentioned. I think that's the details that are still getting worked out. I agree that no way it will be Trotwood. I would think C-M could possibly be the 4th team, but I don't know if that's something that is already in the discussions or not.

It’s going around the rumor mill in the CM community. I can only hope it is true!! I think a lot of the SWBL. It would offer things to Massie that other leagues couldn’t. Stability and scheduling being at the forefront let alone very good competition in ALL boys and girls extracurriculars. I see it as the next step in the growth of CM athletics.