Dayton D1 Sectional

The tournament draw is Sunday and the Dayton D1 Sectional is as wide open as I can ever remember. If Mo Njie does not come back to play this year who is the team to beat?

There are a lot of teams who are all even then a huge drop off Its operation avoid Moeller as long as possible

There are a lot of teams who are all even then a huge drop off Its operation avoid Moeller as long as possible
Completely agree with that. If I’m correct 3 teams come out of Dayton sectional and 5 out of Cincinnati. If Njie plays id think Centerville should be one of the three. After that it’s very wide open. More than any year in Dayton D1 that I can remember

everyone in Dayton will be hoping Moeller takes one of the brackets that would face another Cincinnati team like last year.
Pretty sure Moe will take the bracket that has the 3rd best or lower Dayton team in it this year for their District game--Karl gets this squared away before the draw on Sunday--Cincy teams overall are better this year than Dayton.

Pretty sure Moe will take the bracket that has the 3rd best or lower Dayton team in it this year for their District game--Karl gets this squared away before the draw on Sunday--Cincy teams overall are better this year than Dayton.

not sure it really matters. Whatever Moeller chooses will see other teams shy away from them be it Dayton or Cincinnati teams. Like the poster above said it’s avoid Moeller as long as possible.

not sure it really matters. Whatever Moeller chooses will see other teams shy away from them be it Dayton or Cincinnati teams. Like the poster above said it’s avoid Moeller as long as possible.
I agree but your point was that Dayton teams hope Moe will take sectional that plays another Cincy team in District--I'm 99% sure that Moe will opt to play a Dayton team at Districts and two Cincy teams will face each other in the 8:00 game at Cintas from sectionals 2 and 5 in my opinion.

The gulf is wider than last year.

Top seeds in Dayton D1 sectionals:

centerville
Beavercreek
Sidney
Miamisburg
Wayne
Springfield

one interesting selection. Wayne chose to play in the Centerville bracket apparently instead of the Beavercreek bracket. If Njie was playing they never would’ve done that

centerville
Beavercreek
Sidney
Miamisburg
Wayne
Springfield

one interesting selection. Wayne chose to play in the Centerville bracket apparently instead of the Beavercreek bracket. If Njie was playing they never would’ve done that
Well, Beavercreek did just beat them and they beat Centerville twice, including once with Mo early on. Looks like a fun matchup if it pans out, with or without Mo.

centerville
Beavercreek
Sidney
Miamisburg
Wayne
Springfield

Do you have a link to brackets?

Someone sent me a pic of D1 but not a link. Let me see if I can post it somehow but the Southwest District said they will have them up by 4pm

….

In choosing that bracket, Wayne would also avoid playing Moeller for a game or two if they get that far.

Centerville and Creek being top 2 seeds show exactly what coaches feel of the mvl. Sidney currently 17-3. W.C 14-5... Centerville 10-10(coming off a loss),Beavercreek 13-7. To top it off if Jackets get out of Sectionals there district gift is a date with Moeller

Centerville and Creek being top 2 seeds show exactly what coaches feel of the mvl. Sidney currently 17-3. W.C 14-5... Centerville 10-10(coming off a loss),Beavercreek 13-7. To top it off if Jackets get out of Sectionals there district gift is a date with Moeller
i think Sidney is absolutely a very good team but that loss to St Mary’s looks very awful. and they could’ve avoided moeller correct?? maybe i’m wrong and it was just luck

Dayton D1 is all kinds of bad this year. That said, for as bad as the GWOC was the seeding tells you all that you need to know about the MVL.

For as wide open as things look on paper, I would bet on the top-6 seeded teams all advancing to the sectional finals.

Dayton D1 is all kinds of bad this year. That said, for as bad as the GWOC was the seeding tells you all that you need to know about the MVL.

For as wide open as things look on paper, I would bet on the top-6 seeded teams all advancing to the sectional finals.
Its a good chance for mvl show they made right decision a lot of crossover games.

i think Sidney is absolutely a very good team but that loss to St Mary’s looks very awful. and they could’ve avoided moeller correct?? maybe i’m wrong and it was just luck
Not sure if they could of avoided them or not. Im sure most coaches were sending messages trying to figure out where Moeller was going. Others get confident and say if we can pull that upset it won’t get any tougher

Division basketball in the Dayton area is down overall for whatever reasons, Trotwood is the clear cut BEST team in our whole area and its no debate. The MVL vs. GWOC conversations will be settled in a matter of weeks. I for one don't believe the MVL is that strong however, neither is the GWOC this season. I will say that the GWOC teams overall has played a much tougher non league conference schedule across the board, the MVL only allows teams to have 2 or 3 non conference games which can hurt for strength of schedule in the long run. Centerville got the nod for the #1 seed simply because no one knows if the big fella is returning; and Cupps plays a conventional style like most teams around the area he just has done it better for a few years now. Bottom line no one can beat that PREP school called MOELLER around here anyway, its unfair but that is another topic.

Division basketball in the Dayton area is down overall for whatever reasons, Trotwood is the clear cut BEST team in our whole area and its no debate. The MVL vs. GWOC conversations will be settled in a matter of weeks. I for one don't believe the MVL is that strong however, neither is the GWOC this season. I will say that the GWOC teams overall has played a much tougher non league conference schedule across the board, the MVL only allows teams to have 2 or 3 non conference games which can hurt for strength of schedule in the long run. Centerville got the nod for the #1 seed simply because no one knows if the big fella is returning; and Cupps plays a conventional style like most teams around the area he just has done it better for a few years now. Bottom line no one can beat that PREP school called MOELLER around here anyway, its unfair but that is another topic.

Ok let’s just end this dumb argument right here. Since Moeller’s last loss to a southwest Ohio team in March 2016 they have had 3 players transfer in that have had impacts on the floor. Max land, Alec Pfriem and Evan Mahaffey. Everyone else has been at Moeller for 4 years. Moeller has even had players transfer out in recent years. They don’t need to recruit kids to come there and if they did then why didn’t Chandler Starks or Rayvon Griffith end up there this year? I mean rumor on here was they were locks to go there due to Moeller offering all sorts of things. Point is Moeller doesn’t need to recruit anyone. When you’ve only lost 5 games in 3 years everyone in the state knows who you are. Back to Back to Back trips to state is all the recruitment you need. If you want to talk about transfers feel free to mention how many trotwood or Wayne has had in the last few years. I’m sure it’s the same or more than Moeller. But yes continue complaining about something that isn’t there.

Ok let’s just end this dumb argument right here. Since Moeller’s last loss to a southwest Ohio team in March 2016 they have had 3 players transfer in that have had impacts on the floor. Max land, Alec Pfriem and Evan Mahaffey. Everyone else has been at Moeller for 4 years. Moeller has even had players transfer out in recent years. They don’t need to recruit kids to come there and if they did then why didn’t Chandler Starks or Rayvon Griffith end up there this year? I mean rumor on here was they were locks to go there due to Moeller offering all sorts of things. Point is Moeller doesn’t need to recruit anyone. When you’ve only lost 5 games in 3 years everyone in the state knows who you are. Back to Back to Back trips to state is all the recruitment you need. If you want to talk about transfers feel free to mention how many trotwood or Wayne has had in the last few years. I’m sure it’s the same or more than Moeller. But yes continue complaining about something that isn’t there.
He didn't say anything about recruiting. Just that as a prep school there are inherent advantages. Little touchy aren't you?

Name 1 transfer Wayne has had in the last couple of years..... Wayne kids are leaving.... the kid that left for Princeton and now who knows where he is at. The big 6'10 kid that left for McKinley (Walker) another took off for Pick-North.... that is 3 D1 kids that left. Wayne does not start any seniors.

Everyone knows about Moe. They come here and lose to Northridge and then all of a sudden they are nationally ranked year in and out..... we get it, we know what is happening....

It's about time Wayne feels it. I know as a Springfield fan, it's been a long time coming. So, how does it feel?

It's about time Wayne feels it. I know as a Springfield fan, it's been a long time coming. So, how does it feel?

I always root for Springfield and if I could have it my way everyone stays put. I am not a fan of all the transfers nor a fan of private schools. But you know how it is and those days of long ago are gone forever. For Springfield it started because of North and South combining but it looks as things have fixed itself so no more worries of kids leaving unless it is to this stupid Prep schools..... For Wayne, I hate to say it but I think they are done forever and the talent here will continue to leave.

The tournament draw is Sunday and the Dayton D1 Sectional is as wide open as I can ever remember. If Mo Njie does not come back to play this year who is the team to beat?
I am now hearing the Mo is out for the year. It is also interesting to see Wayne pick a fight with the Elks in the Sectionals. It is very hard to beat a team 3 times in 1 year.

Ok let’s just end this dumb argument right here. Since Moeller’s last loss to a southwest Ohio team in March 2016 they have had 3 players transfer in that have had impacts on the floor. Max land, Alec Pfriem and Evan Mahaffey. Everyone else has been at Moeller for 4 years.
So they average one transfer per year that becomes a starter? Said another way 20% of their starting lineup each of the past 3 years is a transfer?

I always root for Springfield and if I could have it my way everyone stays put. I am not a fan of all the transfers nor a fan of private schools. But you know how it is and those days of long ago are gone forever. For Springfield it started because of North and South combining but it looks as things have fixed itself so no more worries of kids leaving unless it is to this stupid Prep schools..... For Wayne, I hate to say it but I think they are done forever and the talent here will continue to leave.

Why do we think talent is leaving?

Martindale does a terrific job promoting the program and his teams compete.

Because no matter what year they came Wayne hasn’t received tons of gifts like Ahmad Wagner, X Williams, the Parkers, Caldwell, Trices, the kid from Indy,Quisenberry... those kids were special. Wayne still will compete but at how high of a level