Princeton vs. Talawanda
Mason a bye to play Loveland-West winner
Winton Woods a bye to play Princeton-Talawanda winner

Cincy Section #5:
Hamilton vs. Fairfield
West Clermont vs. Milford
Mt. Healthy a bye to play Hamilton-Fairfield winner
St. X a bye to play WC-Milford winner

Some surprising moves with seeds #2 and #4 together and seeds #3 and #5 together--appears to be some dandy sectional finals if the seeds hold---where are the upsets??

Cincy Section #1:
East vs. Kings
Turpin vs Western Brown
Anderson vs. Elder
Northwest a bye and play East--Kings winner

Cincy Section #2:
Oak Hills vs. Sycamore
Withrow vs. LaSalle
Walnut Hills a bye to play OH-Sycamore winner
Middletown a bye to play Withrow-LaS winner

Cincy Section #3:
Little Miami vs. Moe
Edgewood vs. Harrison
Goshen vs. West High
Colerain a bye to play Moe

Cincy Section #4:
Loveland vs. West
Princeton vs. Talawanda

Cincy Section #5:
Hamilton vs. Fairfield

Some surprising moves with seeds #2 and #4 together and seeds #3 and #5 together--appears to be some dandy sectional finals if the seeds hold---where are the upsets??

How did the seeding go down? Why is 4 and 5 so weak? How in the world did East, Turpin, and Elder end up together?

How did the seeding go down? Why is 4 and 5 so weak? How in the world did East, Turpin, and Elder end up together?
Why do you call 5 weak with Hamilton, West Clermont and St. Xavier in it. Turpin and Elder picked that Sectional and chose to go with East when they were called. Blame the coaches.

Cincy Section #1:
East vs. Kings
Turpin vs Western Brown
Anderson vs. Elder
Northwest a bye and play East--Kings winner

Cincy Section #2:
Oak Hills vs. Sycamore
Withrow vs. LaSalle
Walnut Hills a bye to play OH-Sycamore winner
Middletown a bye to play Withrow-LaS winner

Cincy Section #3:
Little Miami vs. Moe
Edgewood vs. Harrison
Goshen vs. West High
Colerain a bye to play Moe

Cincy Section #4:
Loveland vs. West
Princeton vs. Talawanda

Cincy Section #5:
Hamilton vs. Fairfield

so who gets who from Dayton? Haven’t seen their breakdown yet?

Why do you call 5 weak with Hamilton, West Clermont and St. Xavier in it. Turpin and Elder picked that Sectional and chose to go with East when they were called. Blame the coaches.

I guess weak is the wrong wording but I'm sure all those teams are thrilled to be in the same bracket with each other as opposed to facing a more dominant opponent. I guess the big head scratcher to me is why Turpin jumped in with East and Oak Hills jumped in with LaSalle.

I guess weak is the wrong wording but I'm sure all those teams are thrilled to be in the same bracket with each other as opposed to facing a more dominant opponent. I guess the big head scratcher to me is why Turpin jumped in with East and Oak Hills jumped in with LaSalle.

that’s called the Moeller effect. Clearly everyone and their brother is staying as far away from them as possible

Moe went in 1st and East followed at #2 and LaSalle at #3--Turpin at #4 then chose to go opposite of #2 East--at that point #5 OH passed and then #6 Princeton went into an open sectional--OH passed again and #7 St. X took a bye in the other open sectional. OH then went in opposite LaSalle in that sectional and then #8 Hamilton went in with St. X. The other seeds started filling in open spots and it came to #12 Elder and they chose the open pod to face Turpin in round 2 and then eventually Western Brown went in with Turpin and Anderson at #26 went in with Elder. Interesting draw with 2 and 4 together and 3 and 5 together.

From what I heard, Oak Hills passed twice, West Clermont passed four times, and Lakota West passed twice before making their choices. Always interesting to see differing strategies.

Also, I don't get what Turpin is doing going in with Lakota East. Based on the seeding it appears there would've been multiple sectionals wide open when they made their choice.
Turpin felt if they went in an open bracket that it would be flooded with teams 6-14 going after them--this way they have a shot to certainly beat WBrown and Elder (beat by 3 in early January)--then play an injured East in the sectional final--calculated that was their best move than possibly 3 straight tough games.

Turpin felt if they went in an open bracket that it would be flooded with teams 6-14 going after them--this way they have a shot to certainly beat WBrown and Elder (beat by 3 in early January)--then play an injured East in the sectional final--calculated that was their best move than possibly 3 straight tough games.

East is injured? Who?

thought it was just the flu? If so will be fine for tourney. Regardless have them losing to Elder
LS. OH. Rematch who Wins. Appears to be what Oakhills is looking for in this tourney

Also knowing that you’re going to be playing good teams in cincy two and Cincy five and not so good teams in Dayton 1, 2 or three, why did La Salle opt for Cincy 2? You’re going to be playing Moeller no matter where you are, so why not make it easier on yourself to start?

East is injured? Who?
Peck (5.9 ppg) Soph starting guard is out for the season with an injured knee and Kenrich (3.4 ppg) Soph forward off the bench has missed last 5 games--Johnson (16.7 ppg) supposedly had the flu for Princeton game, but was on the bench??? so who knows. With Peck and Kenrich out it reduces the bench depth quite a bit, but still a solid 7 players available.

LS. OH. Rematch who Wins. Appears to be what Oakhills is looking for in this tourney

Also knowing that you’re going to be playing good teams in cincy two and Cincy five and not so good teams in Dayton 1, 2 or three, why did La Salle opt for Cincy 2? You’re going to be playing Moeller no matter where you are, so why not make it easier on yourself to start?

I think Lasalle handles OH in a rematch. And lasalle has only lost to Moeller so not sure they cared who they may meet at Cintas.

I think Lasalle handles OH in a rematch. And lasalle has only lost to Moeller so not sure they cared who they may meet at Cintas.
Never know come tourney time--Not sure how convincing that LaSalle 50-45 win over OH at LaSalle 2 weeks ago was considering OH starter Caneris at 13 ppg was out injured that weekend--since then he's put up 22 vs. West and 26 vs. Middletown---his points certainly could've made it a win for OH--neutral court sectional final should be a dandy if everyone from both clubs is healthy!!

Watching them the last two weeks and just barely beating X Elder McNick, and Oakhills couple weeks ago , Team does not appear to be tournament ready...... see how they do against Elder...Go. Lancers. Should be a great atmosphere ...senior night this Friday

Peck (5.9 ppg) Soph starting guard is out for the season with an injured knee and Kenrich (3.4 ppg) Soph forward off the bench has missed last 5 games--Johnson (16.7 ppg) supposedly had the flu for Princeton game, but was on the bench??? so who knows. With Peck and Kenrich out it reduces the bench depth quite a bit, but still a solid 7 players available.
Watching them the last two weeks and just barely beating X Elder McNick, and Oakhills couple weeks ago , Team does not appear to be tournament ready...... see how they do against Elder...Go. Lancers. Should be a great atmosphere ...senior night this Friday

Peck has been out the last 8 games so they have certainly adjusted for his absence.
East doesn't go very deep in the bench anyways so as long as they have Kaden, Nate, Mangold, they can plug in just a few of the other role players and won't miss a beat. Now, once they get a little farther in the tourney and play stronger teams foul trouble could be an issue.

Peck has been out the last 8 games so they have certainly adjusted for his absence.
East doesn't go very deep in the bench anyways so as long as they have Kaden, Nate, Mangold, they can plug in just a few of the other role players and won't miss a beat. Now, once they get a little farther in the tourney and play stronger teams foul trouble could be an issue.
Sure every good team "adjusts" and East moved McCorkle into a starting role that he did as a Soph at West before he transferred--but helps to have a bench--heck OH lost 6'4' Jacob Ramstetter who was averaging 11 ppg, 7 rebounds (2nd in GMC), and 92% foul shooter for the past 11 games and have managed to survive, but the bench is not as deep. Staying healthy is critical and bench depth is vital in the tourney--at least to go 8 deep because you never know how tight refs are gonna blow the whistle.

The two most surprising moves to me are Turpin jumping in with East and Elder not taking the spot Mt Healthy took in 5.

So here is my take after looking over all of the Cincinnati district brackets.

1) The Moeller impact was in full effect. With them in district 4, the teams that feel they have a legit chance to be playing Moeller in the regional final moved to the opposite side of the region to districts 1 and 2.

2) Lakota East and Lasalle obviously tipped their capped to each other out of respect and chose the two opposite districts from each other, 1 and 2.

3) With that, the most interesting bracket to me is district 3. With Dayton being as weak as they are this year, even with the #1 seed, Centerville (who I believe is missing their best player for the season), that district is still open to be won by a number of teams, including Lakota West that is ranked as low as 14.

4) If what someone reported is correct about what Turpin did with passing a bunch of times, I think that may very well be the smartest move made of the entire draw. Being self aware enough to know your schedule is vulnerable and is going to attract a ton of teams gunning for you, forcing them to choose ahead of you until you get a better picture of how the brackets are shaping up and can choose a better path for yourself is pretty damn genius.

I don't believe Turpin passed but I could be wrong. I was told that Oak Hills, West Clermont, and Lakota West passed.

You mixed up Districts 3 and 4. Moeller is in D3...Lakota West is in D4 with Loveland, Mason, Princeton, Talawanda, and Winton Woods. I do agree that West could make a run if their two guards get hot. They don't have much else though, but as is the case in the NCAA tourney, one player can carry a team with a transcendent performance.

I'm showing Moeller in District 4

I'm showing Moeller in District 4

I think the confusion is the nomenclature used for the sectionals and districts. Moeller is in the Cincinnati 3 Sectional and as you mention they are in the Cincinnati 4 District. Several of the above posts are incorrect in there reference of districts when they appear to be referring to sectionals. It is kind of confusing. My understanding is the Cincinnati Region has four districts referred Cincinnati 1, 2, 3, 4 and eight sectionals Cincinnati 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and sectionals Dayton 1, 2, 3. At this point, my guess the posters in this thread are likely referring to sectionals 1-5 and not worried about Dayton. But I could be all wrong.

I think the confusion is the nomenclature used for the sectionals and districts. Moeller is in the Cincinnati 3 Sectional and as you mention they are in the Cincinnati 4 District. Several of the above posts are incorrect in there reference of districts when they appear to be referring to sectionals. It is kind of confusing. My understanding is the Cincinnati Region has four districts referred Cincinnati 1, 2, 3, 4 and eight sectionals Cincinnati 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and sectionals Dayton 1, 2, 3. At this point, my guess the posters in this thread are likely referring to sectionals 1-5 and not worried about Dayton. But I could be all wrong.

Yea, not a big deal. That's why I was specific about saying district, and not sectional. I'm just happy to see this year Cincinnati has just 4 districts. There's been times when they will have 5 and the 5th district gets kicked to a different region for the regional semifinal game. I hate seeing a SWO school get put into a situation where they are forced to play completely unfamiliar teams, and on top of that have to travel far away too.