Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indians have the last game in the pit tonight. Rough season no doubt, but hoping for a win to finish off the old gym. New school opens next year.

Just saw on the SWBL website that Milton beat Waynesville tonight 81-76. That means Madison has clinched at least a share of the title.
Yes, it was a hotly contested game. Great atmosphere at West Milton. Congrats to Madison! Great team. Waynesville has some shooters.

Arrows fall to Arcanum by 14 or 15 I really don’t remember glad to see are coaches break the 1920’s offense back out I know Arrow fans missed it Agee with 19 Singleton with 16

Oakwood 66, Northridge 54 in a crossover game at the Polar Bears beautiful gym. Rubin 23, Hu 19 and Maxwell 11 for the Jacks. Oakwood wins despite yielding 17 offensive rebounds (my count, unofficial) to the Bears.

Senior guards Darren Rubin and Daniel Hu matched 20 point nights and Freshman Wil Maxwell added 18 as Oakwood picked up a 70-57 road win at Bellbrook. The Jacks travel to Northridge for a crossover game tomorrow and finish at Franklin on the 14th. Oakwood now 7-4 in the league and 14-6 overall. Bellbrook drops to 5-6 and 9-11. The Eagles finish with two road games, a crossover at Preble Shawnee on Tuesday and at Monroe next Friday.
Three really good players. I look for Maxwell to win league player of the year multiple times in his career. Rubin is a poised player who can get his points without being selfish with the ball. I thought he was having a quiet night and he finishes with 20. It’s to bad the childish behavior of Rubin’s mother at both games vs Bellbrook have somewhat overshadowed his play.

Three really good players. I look for Maxwell to win league player of the year multiple times in his career. Rubin is a poised player who can get his points without being selfish with the ball. I thought he was having a quiet night and he finishes with 20. It’s to bad the childish behavior of Rubin’s mother at both games vs Bellbrook have somewhat overshadowed his play.
I have to admit, I did not notice any particular bad behavior from anyone and I am not familiar with Rubin's mother. Not arguing your point, I thought the crowd was well generally well behaved at that game...and again, I would not know his mom if she walked into my house this afternoon. I agree about Maxwell, he is more athletic than he at first appears, he works hard and has been pretty consistent for a freshman. Rubin is excellent as you stated. Very poised, makes his teammates better, which is my ultimate compliment, particularly for a team's leading scorer.

Rough seen Versailles play this year really good team point guard can handle ball seen him run two minutes off the clock last year to beat Brookville in the tournament
Carlisle has completely fell off as the season went along. Any chance they can turn it around for one night?

Carlisle has completely fell off as the season went along. Any chance they can turn it around for one night?
I wouldn’t think so, lost both guards one was a transfer so he had to sit the last half of the year, one got voted off the team by his teammates, at least that’s is what a Carlisle parent told me anyway.

Dunbar 6-12, but I can’t find anything on them. Anyone know anything about them? Best of luck to all the league teams!

Not a chance against Versailles. I don't think Versailles could have a bad night and lose to Carlisle. Versailles is going to come in very tough/aggressive and fundamental. The PG they have is a stud, they are going to have size. Versailles can pick the score in this one.

Dunbar 6-12, but I can’t find anything on them. Anyone know anything about them? Best of luck to all the league teams!
Just looking at their schedule on Max Preps, it appears they played some stiff competition. They don't have the best record but they also have wins over Wayne and Stivers that jump out to me. They also only lost to Trotwood by 20 (which I call a win). I'm not saying Waynesville can't win this game but it does appear that Dunbar is going to be quite the challenge, and if they come out to play, Waynesville could be in trouble.

Who know what can happen if WVille has a smart plan and they are not scared to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.