2020 Cleveland Browns

perfect analogy - beaten down. I also have not spent any $$ on them for years - will watch on TV most Sundays but don't lose any sleep over them. The Columbus Blue Jackets have my heart/passion now, plus the Buckeyes and Reds. There was a time when the Browns were my clear #1, but they are 4th at best now.

Well, it's February which means it's time for the Browns discussion to turn towards the draft. Most of the mocks have the Browns picking a tackle (imagine that). Looks like at least two tackles could go in the top 9 ahead of them. The most common names being mentioned for the Browns are: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa; Josh Jones, OT, Houston; Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville; and Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia.

Well, it's February which means it's time for the Browns discussion to turn towards the draft. Most of the mocks have the Browns picking a tackle (imagine that). Looks like at least two tackles could go in the top 9 ahead of them. The most common names being mentioned for the Browns are: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa; Josh Jones, OT, Houston; Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville; and Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia.

Given those choices, I'd take the Becton kid from Louisville. He is young and a bit rough, but huge. He kills guys, which is fun to watch. YouTube his highlights some time.

Given those choices, I'd take the Becton kid from Louisville. He is young and a bit rough, but huge. He kills guys, which is fun to watch. YouTube his highlights some time.

It will be interesting to see what they do if all of the top tackles get picked out in front of them. Will they just take the next tackle on their list even if it's a little of a reach, take another position of need or take the best player available?

It will be interesting to see what they do if all of the top tackles get picked out in front of them. Will they just take the next tackle on their list even if it's a little of a reach, take another position of need or take the best player available?
If it was Mangini and Kokinis, they would trade down 3 times and stockpile 2nd round picks which would all turn into busts (Massaquoi, Veikune, Robiskie, oh my!). Who knows what this latest assembly of stooges has for a philosophy: Best player available, Need, or Trade down for value?

BTW, has anybody ever come out publicly to state why Kokinis was canned?

Berry, DePodesta, et al don't have the luxury to trade down. If they do, they'll have invoke the word "rebuild" with this team. There is enough skill on the roster that judicious free agency signings and a good draft could enhance the Browns' playoff chances. Trading down is the coward's move at this point. Trading down is veiled job security ("We need time to rebuild this roster"). It didn't work for Sashi Brown and it shouldn't work for Berry, DePodesta, and company. Yet, and I know I have been saying this ad nauseum, but it is the unfortunate gorilla in the room: Jimmy Haslam still owns the team and who knows what the hell he is thinking and what the hell he would agree to. Past history doesn't bode well for common sense to be applied.

Last edited:

It's been whispered that Kokinis allegedly had an amorous liaison (with the emphasis on the first syllable) with an, um, acquaintance at the Berea headquarters (emphasis on the first syllable :)). When caught, he was immediately fired. Supposedly, that's the story.

It's been whispered that Kokinis allegedly had an amorous liaison (with the emphasis on the first syllable) with an, um, acquaintance at the Berea headquarters (emphasis on the first syllable :)). When caught, he was immediately fired. Supposedly, that's the story.

So, um, he really was a talent evaluator.

The Browns have decided to raise season ticket prices for the upcoming season.

Once again, Jimmy Haslam shows just how tone deaf he is. Yes, the Browns have the 4th lowest ticket prices in the NFL. Stunning. After 1-31 and last year's debacle where else should prices be? Yet, Haslam and his business-side front office still feel justified to raise prices for a disappointing product. I wish they would have held the line on prices and hoped the potential of the team is realized this year. THEN, I can see a raise in ticket prices. But to do this now just adds to the growing discontent of the Haslam ownership. That's the problem, though. With the exception of Elon Musk, you can't fire the owner, even when the product doesn't match the price.

The Browns have decided to raise season ticket prices for the upcoming season.

Once again, Jimmy Haslam shows just how tone deaf he is. Yes, the Browns have the 4th lowest ticket prices in the NFL. Stunning. After 1-31 and last year's debacle where else should prices be? Yet, Haslam and his business-side front office still feel justified to raise prices for a disappointing product. I wish they would have held the line on prices and hoped the potential of the team is realized this year. THEN, I can see a raise in ticket prices. But to do this now just adds to the growing discontent of the Haslam ownership. That's the problem, though. With the exception of Elon Musk, you can't fire the owner, even when the product doesn't match the price.

They need the extra cash to pay all of the former GMs and coaches they still have under contract.

I heard that Jimmy's going to offer season tickets rebates and discounts then not give them. Oh wait, that's his other business.

I have a $336 face value steelers ticket hanging at my desk for this last year.....

I was lucky this past NFL season. I went to 3 NFL games, and was in charge of procuring a total of 7 tickets and paid a total of........$14.99!

Browns fans will still show up and sell out their season because of their fan base and also when they are leading the division the fans wont care how much they are!

Baker went on Pardon My Take and they told him to throw the "foot in my mouth" comment at Rex Ryan in Get Up. Solid troll job

Time and distance, I'm willing to give him a break. The QB wasn't innocent. As whether any racial slurs were thrown out sometimes you hear what you expect to hear. Garrett's telling of it isn't less compelling to me than the QB's telling of it. Garrett says he doesn't use the word, not with an "a" or with an "er." If he's lieing, that will come out but to me that statement makes his original excuse more believable. At the least, he believes he heard it.

Still, being called names is not an excusable reason for what he did. Fair penalty served.

About the racial slurs he told the reporter during the interview that is to be aired in full tomorrow that during the tackle, before the OL showed up, is that he called him a dumb n word.

Um...when you are in the process of getting tackled you arent saying much, and i highly doubt this is true.

It is sort of like the Schrodinger's cat analogy....there is no way to prove or disprove it and both narratives could be proven true, or fals.....

MG has the perfect alibi here as a segment of the population backs off when this claim is being made. He really has the perfect 'crime' here as he knows there is no mic to pick it up in that instance. There is no way to prove it DIDNT happen so he cannot be proven wrong.
As soon as he made that claim it took the onus off of him for a lot of people.

I am not saying rudolf is perfect, but I just dont believe what MG is saying, and MG knows he cannot be disproven so in many eyes it is true.

About the racial slurs he told the reporter during the interview that is to be aired in full tomorrow that during the tackle, before the OL showed up, is that he called him a dumb n word.

Um...when you are in the process of getting tackled you arent saying much, and i highly doubt this is true.

It is sort of like the Schrodinger's cat analogy....there is no way to prove or disprove it and both narratives could be proven true, or fals.....

MG has the perfect alibi here as a segment of the population backs off when this claim is being made. He really has the perfect 'crime' here as he knows there is no mic to pick it up in that instance. There is no way to prove it DIDNT happen so he cannot be proven wrong.
As soon as he made that claim it took the onus off of him for a lot of people.

I am not saying rudolf is perfect, but I just dont believe what MG is saying, and MG knows he cannot be disproven so in many eyes it is true.

Here's why I tend to believe Garrett, and not because he is a member of the Browns, and not because it happened against the Steelers. For Garrett to go from 0 to 100 in a flash of a moment defies the kind of person he has demonstrated to be: soft-spoken, thoughtful, and from all indications from locker room observation, a bit of an introvert. For something to set him off to that extreme, something extreme had to have occurred, in his mind. A reaction that sharp, that out of character, points to something more than a kick to the groin. You state, "I just don't believe what MG is saying, and MG knows it cannot be disproven." Valid point. But the same can be said for Mason Rudolph's denial.

Here's why I believe Garrett, and not because he is a member of the Browns, and not because it happened against the Steelers. For Garrett to go from 0 to 100 in a flash of a moment defies the kind of person he has demonstrated to be: soft-spoken, thoughtful, and from all indications from locker room observation, a bit of an introvert. For something to set him off to that extreme, something extreme had to have occurred. Before the reason for the outburst came the actual outburst and it happened for a reason. A reaction that sharp, that out of character, points to something more than a kick to the groin. You state, "I just don't believe what MG is saying, and MG knows it cannot be disproven." Valid point. But the same can be said for Mason Rudolph's denial.
I think he went from 0 -100 because Rudolph was grabbing his helmet so he did the same back. To see some of that stuff is not uncommon in a game, but when he took it off and then it escalated and when he kept coming at him he used it as his disposal.

I think he went from 0 -100 because Rudolph was grabbing his helmet so he did the same back. To see some of that stuff is not uncommon in a game, but when he took it off and then it escalated and when he kept coming at him he used it as his disposal.

As you said, that sort of stuff happens all the time in a game. That's why I believe something more out of the ordinary than a pull to the helmet or a foot to the groin precipitated Garrett's reaction.

As you said, that sort of stuff happens all the time in a game. That's why I believe something more out of the ordinary than a pull to the helmet or a foot to the groin precipitated Garrett's reaction.
I think it was just more of a reaction. His helmet pulled, so he did so in return and it came off of Rudolphs head, and with it in his hand and confronted with three others he just used it out of convenience to strike him.

He was punished too much, but will be good for the rivalry for a long time.

I heard someone yesterday say that Garrett's credibility is lessened by the fact he didn't immediately make the claim. As I recall, an ESPN reporter tweeted it out shortly after and Ogunjobi stated MG told him right after. I would say that if Rudolph said it he has to be one of the stupidest humans ever given the racial composition in his daily life.

Whether or not it happened, I don't see anything positives in MG rehashing it now.

In an ideal world, the rest of the offseason with be controversy free, everyone will come to OTAs, and the players will focus on football rather than weed, the Kentucky Derby, Instagram models, etc...

Did you guys already cover the woman making rounds about giving Mayfield a blowjob behind a Cheesecake Factory a month after his wedding?

If it was Mangini and Kokinis, they would trade down 3 times and stockpile 2nd round picks which would all turn into busts (Massaquoi, Veikune, Robiskie, oh my!). Who knows what this latest assembly of stooges has for a philosophy: Best player available, Need, or Trade down for value?

This is one draft where BPA and need may actually align at the first selection we make.

I think Dorsey/Highsmith/Wolf saw this draft class on the horizon, and Dorsey jumped at unique opportunities like Beckham and Vernon because he was assuming he'd have one more year to assemble a complete team of "real football players". The resulting hype from people too focused on glamorous position players was the worst thing that could have happened, or at least second-worst along side of Dorsey and Haslam giving Freddie the HC job and coronating Baker as king o' Cleveland because he had some great games against meh teams.

I was incredulous when people were predicting 10 or more wins for this team last spring. I'd also imagine DePo was loving it, and turning scenarios over in his head to get the power back. Sketching out his steer-Haslam flow chart.

I sure hope they don't trade down more than a position or two in the first three rounds.

Time and distance, I'm willing to give him a break. The QB wasn't innocent. As whether any racial slurs were thrown out sometimes you hear what you expect to hear. Garrett's telling of it isn't less compelling to me than the QB's telling of it. Garrett says he doesn't use the word, not with an "a" or with an "er." If he's lieing, that will come out but to me that statement makes his original excuse more believable. At the least, he believes he heard it.

Still, being called names is not an excusable reason for what he did. Fair penalty served.

Let Rudolph sue him, as his saber-rattling lawyer warns of, and let's see them get into discovery, etc. I believe the guy.

Why would he even comment on it again if he had lied initially ? He's a very bright kid, and an obviously mature and thoughtful 20-something.