Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

Yes, you are old, lol. Probably the most famous names in the CBC. Every now and then I still see the Rogan name on a roster in Urbana and Bellefontaine. What about Dez Lyburtus dad back in the early 90's? Wow, that guy was a beast.
Lyburtus and Lattimore.....in the same backfield in the early 90s.....scary

If we are talking CBC, Tecumseh was very dominant from about 2007-2012. Josh McKee QB/WR was about as dominant as anyone in the CBC and later having a great career at Wittenberg. Rex Bonham OL/DL was a great player. I believe he went on to play and coach at Eastern Illinois. Just a couple names I remember when we played against them.

Wouldn't Joe Kremer be the MVP of the OHC/CBC team? He played his freshmen through junior years at WLS, then his senior year at Urbana. Went on to start at Indiana on the defensive line.

Wouldn't Joe Kremer be the MVP of the OHC/CBC team? He played his freshmen through junior years at WLS, then his senior year at Urbana. Went on to start at Indiana on the defensive line.
If we're basing it on college success then it has to be VanHoose who was a 4 year starter at DB for Northwestern and an all Big Ten selection. I don't think anyone else can boast those accomplishments

If we're basing it on college success then it has to be VanHoose who was a 4 year starter at DB for Northwestern and an all Big Ten selection. I don't think anyone else can boast those accomplishments

I was more going for that Kremer played in both the OHC and CBC.

I was more going for that Kremer played in both the OHC and CBC.

And the wcoc (for 2 years). I played alongside joe (I was a senior when he was a freshmen, we started in the backfield and at middle line backer together). He is a very successful high school coach out in California today.

Yes, you are old, lol. Probably the most famous names in the CBC. Every now and then I still see the Rogan name on a roster in Urbana and Bellefontaine. What about Dez Lyburtus dad back in the early 90's? Wow, that guy was a beast.

Devon Lyburtus RB ('96) is Dezmin Lyburtus's QB ('17) cousin

Bellefontaine's Best Players of the past 20 years would include some of the following..........

Keith Roberts ('00) LB Kent St.
Bart Patterson ('02) QB Eastern Michigan Baseball
Dustin Epperson ('02) DL I think Bluffton or Tiffin
Dak Notestine ('06) LB Ohio U
Keith Morgan ('08) QB/DB Bowling Green
Sean Egler ('08) RB Findlay
Zach Vermillion ('09) OL Ashland
Ethan Smith ('10) DE
Jake Kennedy ('15) QB Wittenberg
Chantz Rose ('15) DL
Hayden Nease ('17) RB/WR Ventura College/Miami Oh
Dezmin Lyburtus ('18) QB Ferris St.
Jack Clement ('19) WR Ohio Wesleyan Basketball
Garrett Gross ('20) RB Urbana U
Ryan Pool ('20) OL Ashland

Hard to say where they would fit into a mythical "All 21st Century OHC/CBC" Team........I would guess Kennedy is the most after HS accomplished QB. He rewrote the record books at Wittenberg.................Lyburtus is a "Mt. Rushmore" player for BHS.........Morgan and Notestine started a bunch of games for MAC schools.....

as for Greenon week 2 next season, I'm hearing they should get a deal done with Kenton Ridge. Troy Christian is another name I heard.

as for Greenon week 2 next season, I'm hearing they should get a deal done with Kenton Ridge. Troy Christian is another name I heard.
That replaces Bradford correct? If so that's a big harbin come up for the knights. KR unloaded some talent and also have a new ball coach. I would still assume 9-1 hosts and 8-2 potentially on the outside looking in again

That replaces Bradford correct? If so that's a big harbin come up for the knights. KR unloaded some talent and also have a new ball coach. I would still assume 9-1 hosts and 8-2 potentially on the outside looking in again
yes correct. probably can’t get in at 8-2. sucks but that’s the reality as we saw this season.

D5 is loaded in the Miami Valley. D4 is hard as well. Greenon saw what a Bradford does to playoff hopes. Unfortunate.
Any chance we see a TRC vs OHC series in football?
Covington vs WLS
Miami East vs Mechanicsburg
Milton-Union vs West Jeff
Troy Christian vs Madison Plains
Northridge vs Greenon
Lehman vs Fairbanks
Riverside vs Cedarville
Bethel vs Triad

Last edited:
D5 is loaded in the Miami Valley. D4 is hard as well. Greenon saw what a Bradford does to playoff hopes. Unfortunate.
Covington vs WLS
Northridge vs Greenon
Lehman vs Fairbanks
Riverside vs Cedarville
I'd love that.

Covington vs WLS
Northridge vs Greenon
Lehman vs Fairbanks
Riverside vs Cedarville
Bethel vs Triad
i would love this as well and here is my take on matchups:

Covington vs Mechanicsburg
Lehman Catholic vs Catholic Central
Milton Union vs West Liberty Salem
Troy Christian vs Cedarville
Bethel vs Northeastern/Southeastern
Riverside vs Triad
Northridge vs Greenon
Miami East vs Greeneview

West Jefferson, Madison Plains, Fairbanks, and Northeastern/Southeastern get left out in this scenario. some of these games should already be played on a yearly basis in my opinion.

well it looks like Kenton Ridge opted to travel to Columbus Independence instead of Greenon week two. as a fan this is annoying. Greenon and Kenton Ridge had absolutely no reason not to get this thing done. very disappointed here and it looks like greenon has no good options left for week 2.

well it looks like Kenton Ridge opted to travel to Columbus Independence instead of Greenon week two. as a fan this is annoying. Greenon and Kenton Ridge had absolutely no reason not to get this thing done. very disappointed here and it looks like greenon has no good options left for week 2.
North College Hill or Cincinnati Hughes would probably be Greenon’s best options, in terms of availability/proximity/potential points accrual.

Marion Local
look i think Greenon is an 8-2/9-1 team but they are nowhere on that level. that’d be one of the gutsiest scheduling calls i’ve ever seen. but if it were to ever happen then i guess next year would be the year (really won’t happen). also wouldn’t work because greenon needs a home game and marion local does as well. i guess a neutral site would work but don’t see that happening in a million years.

North College Hill or Cincinnati Hughes would probably be Greenon’s best options, in terms of availability/proximity/potential points accrual.
north college hill was who i was looking at as a possibility. i’m not sure what the odds are that they schedule Hughes but certainly a D3 school can’t be awful. interesting thought, i will look into that.

Unless they play each other again this coming year... Roger Bacon?? Meadowdale would probably NOT be a good idea...

Have you seen Corey Kiner highlights? Roger Bacon would not be a good choice.
yeah, trust me i know. kids a beast but i was getting more at “did they lose many impact players from last years playoff team?” because i seriously have no clue. the only things i know about RB is they have Kiner and Greenons baseball team lost to them in the district finals(?) i think last year. intriguing option if they are supposed to drop off some? absolutely. but do i know if they will or not? not at all.

yeah, trust me i know. kids a beast but i was getting more at “did they lose many impact players from last years playoff team?” because i seriously have no clue. the only things i know about RB is they have Kiner and Greenons baseball team lost to them in the district finals(?) i think last year. intriguing option if they are supposed to drop off some? absolutely. but do i know if they will or not? not at all.
I think we beat Bacon in the State Semifinals in baseball last year if I'm remembering that correctly. I really don't know what their football team brings back aside from Kiner who will probably have an offer by every school in the country by the time he's done.

I like Blessemall's idea. Like an ACC/Big 10 challenge. Gauranteed points to the winners. Lower level teams can compete with each other for wins.
There are some good matchups there. Some OHC teams will be left out, but some might not be interested anyway.

Also, no offense to GHS fan, but no way greenon wants any part of the Kiner kid. Better to keep bradford and at least get some first level points. But it is sad that KR wouldn't schedule that game. Seems like a no brainer. Good gate, close travel, local kids playing each other. Unfortunate.

I like Blessemall's idea. Like an ACC/Big 10 challenge. Gauranteed points to the winners. Lower level teams can compete with each other for wins.
There are some good matchups there. Some OHC teams will be left out, but some might not be interested anyway.

Also, no offense to GHS fan, but no way greenon wants any part of the Kiner kid. Better to keep bradford and at least get some first level points. But it is sad that KR wouldn't schedule that game. Seems like a no brainer. Good gate, close travel, local kids playing each other. Unfortunate.
personally i want no part in Kiner and Roger Bacon. i wanted to play Kenton Ridge. it is a shame. i’m hoping they either take a bye week, or schedule a 6-4ish D3-4 public school that that could at least give them decent harbins.

bradford has dayton jefferson scheduled for week two so that won’t be happening. for the record if they took a bye instead of playing bradford, they would have been playing week 11.

north college hill was who i was looking at as a possibility. i’m not sure what the odds are that they schedule Hughes but certainly a D3 school can’t be awful. interesting thought, i will look into that.
NCH has some studs too. Kiner wasn’t enough to upend Valley View. Greenon would do well vs Roger Bacon.
Would love to see that Greenon vs MU game. Maybe a scrimmage to begin with.
Milton lost to Valley View by a point after a rogue offensive pass interference call against MU on the winning TD.