• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its 8 feeder school and they don’t get much participation from Evendale or Glendale where most go to private or Gcl schools
I believe Green is done , he might realize he is over his head or there will be a change made by Ad or school board . If I’m in charge the whole staff is done there is not much help . Go get D Hunter to coach , I’ve said Mitchell before but I don’t think he will leave Taft , Boardmen won’t leave I don’t think

I feel you, but Green is now 13-5 which is not a bad strech in a 18 game schedule

From Twitter:

“After trailing to start the second, the Comets uncork a dominate 3 quarter performance to defeat GMC rival, Sycamore, by a score of 74-35.”

OH racks up a 28-7 4th qtr surge and takes down Fairfield 54-39--Lakota East at 11-1 and OH at 10-2 in the GMC with 2 weeks to play. East with games @ Fairfield and @ Princeton and then home vs OH and finale @ West---OH with 2 home games next week vs. West and the Middies and then final week on the road @ East and @ Hamilton---looks like a great finish to the GMC season---16 league games is a grind!!

OH racks up a 28-7 4th qtr surge and takes down Fairfield 54-39--Lakota East at 11-1 and OH at 10-2 in the GMC with 2 weeks to play. East with games @ Fairfield and @ Princeton and then home vs OH and finale @ West---OH with 2 home games next week vs. West and the Middies and then final week on the road @ East and @ Hamilton---looks like a great finish to the GMC season---16 league games is a grind!!

We are cruising into the best time of the sporting year, Comet.

Fairmont has more seating but I think Middletown’s facility is nicer. Digital scoreboard in all 4 corners. Walk around indoor track up top you seating all around the gym. Very beautiful facility

Once comment was reminded of when I was in the Middletown gym this season, 4 fancy scoreboards in all 4 corners, but only have basic information! No individual player stats, player fouls, player points, players in the games.......just score, time, etc. Probably could have saved some money and just put two scoreboards in! Why have a fancy stuff if you aren't going to use it. haha!!

I'll take the old scoreboards in the other GMC gyms with some old man working the stats. Points and fouls per player is great to see. I'm guessing they just don't have anyone available for the stats but jeez..................

POY - 1. Nate Johnson LE 2. Trey Robinson Hamilton 3. Julian Mackey LW

Coach of the year - 1. Mike Price OH 2. Clint Adkins LE 3. Steve Green Princeton

Freshman of the year - 1. Deshawne Crim FF 2. Shannon Murray Colerain

Most Improved - 1. Bowen Hardman Princeton 2. Mitchell Greer Mason

GMC First team

G Deairius Randle Princeton 13.8 Pts 4.4 Ast
G Julian Mackey LW 22.2 Pts 4.7 Rebs
G Nate Johnson LE 16.7 Pts 3.8 Ast
F Mitchell Greer Mason 16.7 Pts 3.3 Rebs
F/G Trey Robinson Hamilton 19.6 Pts 6.5 Rebs

GMC 2nd team

G Zavian Ricks FF 15.1 Pts 2.2 Rebs
G Carter Combs LW 16.2 Pts 2.7 Rebs
G Kahlil Davis Princeton 13.2 Pts 3.0 Rebs
G Kelen Dietrich OH 13.2 Pts 3.2 Rebs
G/F Bowen Hardman Princeton 12.9 Pts 2.2 Rebs

Next in line - Adonis Caneris OH 13.2 Pts

POY - 1. Nate Johnson LE 2. Trey Robinson Hamilton 3. Julian Mackey LW

Coach of the year - 1. Mike Price OH 2. Clint Adkins LE 3. Steve Green Princeton

Freshman of the year - 1. Deshawne Crim FF 2. Shannon Murray Colerain

Most Improved - 1. Bowen Hardman Princeton 2. Mitchell Greer Mason

GMC First team

G Deairius Randle Princeton 13.8 Pts 4.4 Ast
G Julian Mackey LW 22.2 Pts 4.7 Rebs
G Nate Johnson LE 16.7 Pts 3.8 Ast
F Mitchell Greer Mason 16.7 Pts 3.3 Rebs
F/G Trey Robinson Hamilton 19.6 Pts 6.5 Rebs

GMC 2nd team

G Zavian Ricks FF 15.1 Pts 2.2 Rebs
G Carter Combs LW 16.2 Pts 2.7 Rebs
G Kahlil Davis Princeton 13.2 Pts 3.0 Rebs
G Kelen Dietrich OH 13.2 Pts 3.2 Rebs
G/F Bowen Hardman Princeton 12.9 Pts 2.2 Rebs

Next in line - Adonis Caneris OH 13.2 Pts

first team has 10-11 kids. That’s probably a great list of gmc first Team.

that’s probably spot on........coach, poy,I would add defensive player of year Trey based on stats. That is the other award given.

Last edited:
Massive games on Friday--Lakota East at Princeton and Oak Hills, 1 game out of first, taking on Middletown at OH----Princeton has to sweep final 3 games and have OH beat East for a 2nd time on Tuesday and East lose finale to West, and OH lose to Middies and Hamilton to get a piece of the GMC title--and Mason needs that same scenario as Princeton and Comets have to sweep Hamilton, Middletown and Fairfield to create a possible 4-way tie. That happened one other time in 2013 when West, Fairfield, Sycamore, and Middletown finished 9-5 to share the crown.

What do the GMC folks think of East at Princeton and Middies at OH--if East and OH both win then Tuesday 2/11 OH at East will be for the championship!!

Last edited:
What do the GMC folks think of East at Princeton and Middies at OH--if East and OH both win then Tuesday 2/11 OH at East will be for the championship!!

OH by 10

Not so sure about the other game, mainly because I'm unsure of how good or bad Princeton actually is. They are the biggest question mark in the league, followed by West then Hamilton.

Yep--it's a crazy scenario that keeps 4 teams alive with 3 games left to get a piece of the GMC title---likely it will come down to Tuesday at East!!

I think Princeton gets East at Home! They are due and looks like everyone is back playing. They win out but 4 losses won't win the league.

Middletown has been playing tough, but don't see them beating OH.

Oak Hills at East big game. East wins that one at Home. East has been rolling the last several weeks and if they lose to Princeton don't see two in row.

West still could pull off a shocker vs East at Home. They took OH to OT at OH last night. ....... likely East pulls out a closer game this time around.

And, OH at Hamilton the last game could be a Big Blue Win.

All that happens.......East still looks to eek by a Championship!

I wouldn't want to face the top 5,6 teams including West in the Tournament!

Massive games tonight--
Lakota East at Princeton
Oak Hills, 1 game out of first, taking on Middletown at OH

Then Tuesday it's OH at East with 1st place to be decided most likely!!

Who is better Jarrett Cox or Nate Johnson of Lakota East. To me both are great and similar style of scorer. Somebody asked me who is better and I'm having a hard time picking

Who is better Jarrett Cox or Nate Johnson of Lakota East. To me both are great and similar style of scorer. Somebody asked me who is better and I'm having a hard time picking

I'd need another year for Johnson to have a full body of work. Right now I'd take Cox, with the edge going to basketball IQ, but it's close. Johnson has grown tremendously since his freshman year with understanding how to play. That's why I'd like to see his final year's progress.

With that said, I see he's out with an injury for tonight's game. That pretty huge.

Well, supposedly the “best” player in the gym is not playing. Supposedly Illness. Why is he even here with the team? Why is he joking with his buddies? Oh well.

Painful halfcourt offense for the Vikes in the final quarter.

East’s offense was challenging to watch, for the entire game.

The entire game I kept thinking, psychologically, East does not want to lose and then wait until Tuesday for Oak Hills.

Big win for east especially with Johnson not playing. Winning in high school is about unselfish team basketball. It’s about ball skills , not 1 on 1. East stayed with their game plan.

I’ve said all year that coaching was a big factor for my Vikes hopefully new AD has seen enough and replace him Next year ,

The GMC 4-way tie scenario goes out the window with East and OH winning last night--comes down to Tuesday at East as OH tries to sweep East and move into a 1st place tie for the conference lead--I'd expect the end zone balconies will be standing room only even on a Tuesday. Should be a great atmosphere!!