Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

SNS - I agree with you a school should honor a contract but I could see some situation(s) when a school would back out:
* player/fan fights in the previous year
* one school suddenly gets significantly better and wants to schedule up to enhance their chances at a playoff spot
* one school gets significantly worse and is trying to protect their kids.

Again, it’s not a good/honorable thing to back out on a contract but an AD has to what they think is in the best interest for the kids in their school. Sometimes these schedules are made 4+ years ago and sometimes by a former AD who had no business being an AD. I have no idea why Ada backed out but it may be beneficial to New Bremen. In 2019 NB went 7-3 in the regular season and barely finished 8th in their region just .5 pts ahead of the 9th place team. I would guess another 3 loss regular season for NB would be possible (Marion Local, Coldwater, Minster). Harbor pts wise NB would do better with just a 9 game schedule and finish at 6-3 vs 7-3 with a win over a 8 or 9 loss Ada. Ada was DVI last year and could very well fall to DVII (110 boys in 2018 count) in 2020. NB now at least can schedule a team that could be more competitive/successful in 2020. The biggest problem I see for NB is the 2020 Ada game was suppose to be a home game. NB may have to take an away game to fill the 2020 schedule. I hate for a school to only have a 9 game regular season, it short changes the players.

SNS - I agree with you a school should honor a contract but I could see some situation(s) when a school would back out:
* one school suddenly gets significantly better and wants to schedule up to enhance their chances at a playoff spot

Again, it’s not a good/honorable thing to back out on a contract but an AD has to what they think is in the best interest for the kids in their school. Sometimes these schedules are made 4+ years ago and sometimes by a former AD who had no business being an AD. I have no idea why Ada backed out but it may be beneficial to New Bremen. In 2019 NB went 7-3 in the regular season and barely finished 8th in their region just .5 pts ahead of the 9th place team. I would guess another 3 loss regular season for NB would be possible (Marion Local, Coldwater, Minster). Harbor pts wise NB would do better with just a 9 game schedule and finish at 6-3 vs 7-3 with a win over a 8 or 9 loss Ada. Ada was DVI last year and could very well fall to DVII (110 boys in 2018 count) in 2020. NB now at least can schedule a team that could be more competitive/successful in 2020. The biggest problem I see for NB is the 2020 Ada game was suppose to be a home game. NB may have to take an away game to fill the 2020 schedule. I hate for a school to only have a 9 game regular season, it short changes the players.

PantherSkin - New Breman had a very good 2019 season after a respectable 2018. They appear to be trending up but has the last two years been thanks to a solid 2020 Senior class/a few good players or are they building a program? Based on the last 10 years I would say calling New Breman a 'middle of the pack' team might be a bit too premature based on their records....

2019 9-4, 5-3 OOC Beat Ada 51-21 (2-8), Beat Ansonia 34-6 (6-4), Wk 11 Beat New Miami 45-15 (10-1), WK 12 Beat Perry 42-14 (8-4)
2018 6-4, 4-4 OOC Beat Ben Logan 27-12 (2-8), Beat Mississinawa Valley 48-8 (4-6)
2017 3-7, 1-7 OOC Beat Bradford 48-0 (0-10), Beat Mississinawa Valley 30-0 (1-9)
2016 2-8, 0-8 OOC Beat Bradford 37-13 (3-7), Beat Holgate 45-20 (0-10)
2015 1-9, 0-8 OOC Beat Bradford 21-0 (4-6), Lost Holgate 14-25 (1-9)
2014 0-10, 0-8 OOC Lost Allen East 26-49 (3-7), Lost Ft. Loramie 13-35 (7-4)
2013 0-10, 0-8 OOC Lost Allen East 13-28 (4-6), Lost Ft. Loramie 20-62 (8-3)
2012 2-8, 2-6 OOC Lost Covington 7-27 (12-1), Lost Ft. Loramie 21-34 (8-3)
2011 0-10, 0-8 OOC Lost Covington 20-43 (10-1), Lost Ft. Loramie 0-34 (10-2)
2010 2-8, 2-6 OOC Lost Covington 21-22 (11-1), Lost Ft. Loramie 7-14 (8-3)

Lets give Ada a break, they appear to be where New Breman was just a few seasons ago. Ada needs to do what's best for their kids and program and New Breman should be able to find a game but they may have to travel to Columbus or Cincinnati to find it.
That’s New Bremen

IF and that is a big if....IF NB is really struggling that hard to find an OOC opponent, then I tend to agree. He will need to work hard to find an OOC opponent. Who wants to play a potentially middle of the pack/lower level D7 school for one year, in the middle of nowhere and said team traditionally doesn't garner enough Harbin points to make the playoffs themselves? Its a hard pitch. I think scheduling Lehman Catholic may have been the cart before the horse. Find someone that wants 3 plus years of OOC scheduling. Stop grabbing one year at a time.

But, here's a solution that they should have looked at a year ago......the GMC. With Holgate leaving, they could have grabbed Fairview (played Anna in the playoffs), Wayne Trace, Hicksville, etc. Plenty of points to be had with a win. Just use a little foresight and they could have had an equal opponent for at least a filler for a year or two and potentially longer if the GMC doens't fill the Holgate gap.
Seems to me that you have no respect toward our AD. Who was awarded northwest athletic administrator of the year 2019.

You called it right there. The Ada teams of the last two years are not even comparable to the teams of two years ago, numbers and talent wise. They're at a point right now where they're trying to build up their program, so I can't argue with them trying to pick up a more easily winnable game to boost some confidence on their young team rather than playing a team that would've already been a tough game for them 3 years ago. Schools the size of Ada can change drastically in a year so unless it's a school that they have ties with either in history or in other sports it makes sense for them to not schedule OOC games 5 years in advance. Not every community is as consistent year in and year out as those in the MAC. I'm not a fan of schools cancelling either but sometimes you just have to protect your program.

Seems to me that you have no respect toward our AD. Who was awarded northwest athletic administrator of the year 2019.
Nope. Not the case. Read the thread. I was agreeing with WJ-OSU. He hit the nail on the head. The AD will have to work extremely hard and/or harder to fill a one year deal and should probably look for a long term solution. Blindly supporting someone because they won an award doesn’t schedule a football game for next year.

Nope. Not the case. Read the thread. I was agreeing with WJ-OSU. He hit the nail on the head. The AD will have to work extremely hard and/or harder to fill a one year deal and should probably look for a long term solution. Blindly supporting someone because they won an award doesn’t schedule a football game for next year.
In an earlier post you questioned a posters experience with administration. Then question our AD for not having the foresight to schedule a GMC opponent when Holgate went to 8 man football. Now you question a person who has worked in administration for some 25-30 years and has been recognized for his work. Am I to guess you work in administration at Crestview since your such and expert with what it takes to be an AD.

You called it right there. The Ada teams of the last two years are not even comparable to the teams of two years ago, numbers and talent wise. They're at a point right now where they're trying to build up their program, so I can't argue with them trying to pick up a more easily winnable game to boost some confidence on their young team rather than playing a team that would've already been a tough game for them 3 years ago. Schools the size of Ada can change drastically in a year so unless it's a school that they have ties with either in history or in other sports it makes sense for them to not schedule OOC games 5 years in advance. Not every community is as consistent year in and year out as those in the MAC. I'm not a fan of schools cancelling either but sometimes you just have to protect your program.
LOL Ada is D - 6, New Bremen is D - 7 who has the bigger enrollment. New Bremen until 2 years ago had not had a winning season in probably 10 years or more. Ada was willing to schedule the Cards when NB was not very good but now that the table has turned the Bulldogs tuck tail and run what kind of ex. is that for your players ? That were not good enough to compete against a decent to good MAC team, even one that struggled mightily in recent years until last season.

Complete punk move by Ada to get out of the deal. No offense to NB but they are not a juggernaut that should scare teams to play them like MSML and Minster.

Complete punk move by Ada to get out of the deal. No offense to NB but they are not a juggernaut that should scare teams to play them like MSML and Minster.
i'm still trying to figure out why Covington dropped the Cats with 1 game left after playing us for the last three years..... plus it would be a Home game next year...… I hope Covington had to PAY some sorta CASH payment for taking away a Home game for Minster....now the cats have a 6 away games and 4 home games next year.... plus the expense of having to play a game in Cincinnati next year.....

i'm still trying to figure out why Covington dropped the Cats with 1 game left after playing us for the last three years..... plus it would be a Home game next year...… I hope Covington had to PAY some sorta CASH payment for taking away a Home game for Minster....now the cats have a 6 away games and 4 home games next year.... plus the expense of having to play a game in Cincinnati next year.....
Apparently they wanted the experience playing Milton before the league starts. If that's true then that's understandable. However some compensation should come from Covington for costing Minster a home game.

We'll have to go down to Cincy again in 2021 too. If it was a better opponent I'd be more excited. 2022 we will also have 4 home games and 6 away.

Apparently they wanted the experience playing Milton before the league starts. If that's true then that's understandable. However some compensation should come from Covington for costing Minster a home game.

We'll have to go down to Cincy again in 2021 too. If it was a better opponent I'd be more excited. 2022 we will also have 4 home games and 6 away.
Hogwash.

the experience playing Milton before the league starts...not buying that....

LOL Ada is D - 6, New Bremen is D - 7 who has the bigger enrollment. New Bremen until 2 years ago had not had a winning season in probably 10 years or more. Ada was willing to schedule the Cards when NB was not very good but now that the table has turned the Bulldogs tuck tail and run what kind of ex. is that for your players ? That were not good enough to compete against a decent to good MAC team, even one that struggled mightily in recent years until last season.

I didn't say school enrollment. Numbers on the team. Ada was barely able to dress a varsity team by the end of the 2018 season. So yes, they are protecting their kids considering they dressed 18 players on varsity by the end of the year.

I didn't say school enrollment. Numbers on the team. Ada was barely able to dress a varsity team by the end of the 2018 season. So yes, they are protecting their kids considering they dressed 18 players on varsity by the end of the year.
That is their own fault for not getting enough kids to come out and play. A D6 school should have more kids than a D7 school that goes out.
Their failure to get kids to play is their own problem and they shouldn't make it New Bremen's by reneging on a contract.

Do I like the move? No. Do I see why they made it? Yes. You don't have to agree with a decision to see the why someone made it.

the experience playing Milton before the league starts...not buying that....
I'm not buying that either. It may end up being better off for Minster. I don't think Covington will be near as good next year, so if anything I hope it ends up being better competition for Minster.

In an earlier post you questioned a posters experience with administration. Then question our AD for not having the foresight to schedule a GMC opponent when Holgate went to 8 man football. Now you question a person who has worked in administration for some 25-30 years and has been recognized for his work. Am I to guess you work in administration at Crestview since your such and expert with what it takes to be an AD.
It just takes foresight, correct? Everyone knew last year that Holgate had/was going to 8 man. So, the big question is why didn't they jump on the GMC.

However, we have since gone from NB being such a powerhouse in the MAC that no one wants to schedule them, to all of a sudden Ada dropped them and left them in a bind. Lol. Do you see the irony on this board? There were days and days full of postings about how no one wants a piece of NB. We now figured out they were dropped. I'm not sure why. I would certainly say that Ada didn't do it because of losing by 30. They had quite a few losses by big numbers the past few years.

But now, we have gone from ripping teams that are scared of NB to ripping Ada.

NB is a middle of the road team, at best. I'm sure anyone looking to hope to capitalize on Harbin points would take this game. Again. I agreed with another poster. NB's AD needs to work harder to get a quality opponent.

It just takes foresight, correct? Everyone knew last year that Holgate had/was going to 8 man. So, the big question is why didn't they jump on the GMC.

However, we have since gone from NB being such a powerhouse in the MAC that no one wants to schedule them, to all of a sudden Ada dropped them and left them in a bind. Lol. Do you see the irony on this board? There were days and days full of postings about how no one wants a piece of NB. We now figured out they were dropped. I'm not sure why. I would certainly say that Ada didn't do it because of losing by 30. They had quite a few losses by big numbers the past few years.

NB is a middle of the road team, at best. I'm sure anyone looking to hope to capitalize on Harbin points would take this game. Again. I agreed with another poster. NB's AD needs to work harder to get a quality opponent.
I concur.
NB's AD is not stupid. He knows he needs to schedule an opponent they have a high probability of beating. That in itself likely eliminates some teams that may have come a knockin'.

I don't believe many solid D5-6 programs who would be afraid to schedule NB. Ada pulled a punk move, no doubt that, and any MAC school should remember that and don't answer any of their calls to schedule.

LOL, when a team drops you at the last minute it leaves you with very few options. NB's AD ( who I believe is retiring after this season )played bball at Marion Local and was the Flyer's all time leading scorer ( till last season ). His daughter is a stud vball player for TTUN, yeah I am sure he is not working hard enough.

Last edited:
LOL, when a team drops you at the last minute it leaves you with very few options. NB's AD ( who I believe is retiring after this season )played bball at Marion Local and was the Flyer's all time leading scorer ( till last season ). His daughter is a stud vball player for TTUN, yeah I am sure he is not working hard enough.
What does playing basketball for Marion Local have to do with his job capabilities? And who cares if his daughter plays volleyball at TTUN? That has something to do with his work? HAHAHAHAHA!

I pointed out a simple fact. Dimwits started ranting about teams being scared of NB/the MAC and scheduling them. It has since been said that Ada dropped them. Therefore, the AD is going to have to work extremely hard to schedule his middle of the road (at best) team to get a one year deal! And all I did was agree with a poster on this board.

So much finger pointing. NB posts went from "Poor me, I'm from the MAC" to "Poor me, Ada dropped me". Lol. Who did Ada pick up and who dropped a game to pick up Ada? Its not heart surgury folks. There are teams out there. But, I'll go back to the easiest point I've made this entire time. Schedule a long term team. And if said team drops you or starts having a falling out, make sure you have a backup plan.

Yes. Ask any AD. They constantly have a potential suitor for games in nearly every sport. That is why its a well compensated job. It takes alot to keep scheduling afloat.

cknights is right. NB should be able to find someone, worse case they may have to travel and have 6 away games in 2020. If they go with only 9 games, as I stated in a earlier post I think it may actually help them Harbon Pts wise in making the playoffs. Cancelling is never a good thing, I can see Ada's reasoning but Covington cancelling on Minster just seems to be avoiding a loss - perhaps a Covington poster can better explain their reasoning.

AD's have to keep up with what is going on in the area: Holgate getting removed from the GMC, OHSAA asking schools if they are looking at 8 man football, etc. Things like this will affect your OOC games and perhaps the stability of your own conference. The MAC is extremely stable so that wouldn't be a concern for their AD's but scheduling OOC is, especially so for Marion Local and Coldwater. I know college's have buyout clauses in contracts for OOC scheduled games, perhaps this is something the high school AD's should look into (if they haven't already).

Ada did drop NB, after getting spanked at home last year and realizing it would be even worse at NB in 2020. This is not on the AD at all, he will do what’s best for NB period. If that means only playing 9 games and still making the playoffs then that’s what they’ll do. Ada took a home game, that had more people in the visitor’s stands than the home side, said thank-you for the ticket money and concessions and than ran scared instead of honoring their commitment.

PantherSkin - In 2019 Ada (2-8) was beaten by 51 pts twice, 42 pts, 34 pts, 30 pts twice (NB 51-21 in wk 1), 20 pts and 14 pts. I don't think Ada's first thought was 'how do we avoid NB in 2020...', I would guess it was more like how do we survive/keep the program afloat and play/finish all 10 games in 2020. Apparently Ada thought scheduling a lesser opponent than NB for wk 1 was better (unsure of who Ada scheduled). Most of Ada's losses were to league foes so it was either NB or Arlington who the lost to be 14 in 2019. Even if it was the best thing for Ada to do for their program it doesn't make it right, especially for NB. Sorry but I don't think NB is to the point where teams run scared of them. If NB travels as well as you say that should only help them in finding an opponent for wk 1.

What does playing basketball for Marion Local have to do with his job capabilities? And who cares if his daughter plays volleyball at TTUN? That has something to do with his work? HAHAHAHAHA!

I pointed out a simple fact. Dimwits started ranting about teams being scared of NB/the MAC and scheduling them. It has since been said that Ada dropped them. Therefore, the AD is going to have to work extremely hard to schedule his middle of the road (at best) team to get a one year deal! And all I did was agree with a poster on this board.
You don't accomplish what NB's AD has accomplished in life with out being a hard worker and being good at what you do. I know of 2 teams that are scared to play MAC schools : Ada and Covington. If it is true that New Bremen is or was considering playing ASVSM would tell any" dimwit " that the Cards choices are very limited.

You don't accomplish what NB's AD has accomplished in life with out being a hard worker and being good at what you do. I know of 2 teams that are scared to play MAC schools : Ada and Covington. If it is true that New Bremen is or was considering playing ASVSM would tell any" dimwit " that the Cards choices are very limited.

Covington Non Conference
2019- Minster, St Henry
2018- Minster, St Henry
2017- Minster, St Henry
2016- St Henry
2015- St Henry
2014- St Henry
2013- St Henry
2012- New Bremen
2011- New Bremen
2010- New Bremen
Go on with how Covington is scared to play MAC teams though.

Covington Non Conference
2019- Minster, St Henry
2018- Minster, St Henry
2017- Minster, St Henry
2016- St Henry
2015- St Henry
2014- St Henry
2013- St Henry
2012- New Bremen
2011- New Bremen
2010- New Bremen
Go on with how Covington is scared to play MAC teams though.
To be fair...
2010 NB 2-8
2011 NB 0-10
2012 NB 2-8
2013 SH 4-6
2014 SH 6-4
2015 SH 6-4
2016 SH 8-4
2017 Minster 11-4; SH 6-4
2018 Minster 8-4; SH 9-3
2019 Minster 9-2; SH 1-9

Of that list, Minster is the only team that has been consistently good and beat Covington everytime. New Bremen never had a winning record, and Covington was 3-0. St. Henry has an edge on them at 4-3 but are down right now. Minster was 3-0 w/ an average winning margin of 17 points.

Haha! Here we go. Conjecture of someone being "scared" again. First, it was NB was too good to find an opponent, then it was Ada dumped them at the alter, and now its teams are scared of MAC schools and are dropping them. The humor is barely palpable! Until you can come with some REAL facts as to why teams decided to part ways, leave your flexing back in the 2000s against the sisters of the poor. :ROFLMAO: