D1 Canton

waynecountybball

How will this district play out? Guessing on the following based on today.

Green
Boardman
McKinley
Wooster
Massillon
Dover
GlenOak
Hoover
Perry
Jackson
Alliance
Fitch
Lake

Records as of 2/1/20
Boardman (15-1)
Green (14-2)
Wooster (14-1)
Dover (14-3)
McKinley (13-3)
Massillon (13-4)
Alliance (11-6)
GlenOak (13-6)
Perry (12-6)
Hoover (10-6)
Fitch (8-7)
Jackson (5-11)
Lake (4-14)

If there are any corrections let me know I’ll try to keep this updated as after the games are played

Last edited:
Schedule 1/27-2/1

1/28

Warren Howland 31 @ Boardman 64
Green 51 @ Akron SVSM 54
Mansfield Sr 51 @ Wooster 54
Dover 78 @ River View 22
McKinley 66 @ Massillon 51
Alliance 44 @ Canton South 41
Canton Central Catholic 53 @ Perry 58 OT
Fitch 43 @ Canfield 37

1/31

Boardman 71 @ Tallmadge 49
McKinley 43 @ Green 50
Wooster 53 @ West Holmes 43
Meadowbrook 44 @ Dover 37
Canfield 48 @ Massillon 59
Alliance 41 @ Hoover 63
GlenOak 76 @ Lake 47
Jackson 43 @ Perry 48

2/1

Copley 51 vs Massillon 59 (Kosta Koufos Classic at GlenOak)
North Royalton 48 @ GlenOak 81 (Kosta Koufos Classic)
Akron Hoban 38 @ Hoover 42 (Kosta Koufos Classic)
Perry 68 @ Barberton 41

Last edited:
Indeed....loaded to the brim. I don't like to put much stake into any of the polls, but MaxPreps has 8 teams in this district in the top 50 in the entire state.

5-Green
7-Mckinley
8-Boardman
21-Wooster
29-Dover
30-Glen Oak
48-Massillon
50-Hoover

In comparison to other NE Districts

Copley- 2 teams
Lakewood-3 teams
Elyria- 1 team
Euclid-4 teams
Twinsburg-4 teams

I think tomorrows game with McK and Green will decide the number one seed in this district. Which doesn't mean a whole lot but someone may avoid 3 brutal games to win it with #1 seed?

I’d say as of tonight:

Green
Boardman
McKinley
GlenOak
Wooster
Massillon
Perry
Dover
Hoover
Jackson
Alliance
Fitch
Lake

I’d be surprised if 1-3 and 9-13 isn’t as listed above. 4-8 I feel like you could make cases for those 5 being just about anywhere in that mix and there’s some games left that could move those teams around.

I don’t see Dover getting higher than 6. Probably 7 or 8. All the others in that group I think could end up as high as the 4 seed.

I was looking at this today, I have something similiar to you. As a Tiger fan, I see you have both Wooster and GlenOak ahead of Massillon and we beat both of these teams at Massillon and you have Massillon ahead of Perry and we lost at Perry. The first three I agree with and I don't forsee any changes there. I have today the following:

1. Green 14-2 (losses to McK and SVSM), (wins Boardman, McK)
2. Boardman 15-1 (loss to Green) (wins GlenOak & WGH)
3. McKinley 13-3 (losses to GlenOak, St. Ignatius, Green) (wins Green, Massillon, at Lima Senior)
4. Perry 11-6 (losses to McK (2), Green (2), GlenOak, Jackson) (wins Hoover, Massillon, Central Catholic)
5. Massillon 12-4 (losses to WGH, Louisville, Perry, McK) (wins GlenOak, Wooster, Chaney, Central Catholic)
6. GlenOak 12-6 (losses to Boardman, Massillon, Green, McK, Hoover, Medina) (wins to McK, Central Catholic, Hoover, Perry)
7. Hoover 9-6 (losses to Green, GlenOak, Louisville, Perry, McK, Green) (wins to GlenOak, Ellet, Alliance)
8. Wooster 14-1 (loss to Massillon) (wins to Dover, New Philadelphia)
9. Dover 15-3 (Losses to Wooster, Meadowbrook, NY team) (wins to Meadowbrook, New Phiuladelphia)
10.Alliance 11-6
11.Fitch 8-7
12.Jackson 5-11
13.Lake 4-14

I was wondering what others think. Please comment of your opinion.

I went with Glenoak ahead of Massillon because looking at their overall W and L’s I think they are the 4th best team. Massillon’s schedule is a good deal weaker than GO. GO is the only team to have a W vs a top 3 team and nearly beat Boardman. Also their other losses are all vs highly ranked teams (no bad losses like Mass).

Massillon was handled by a WGH team that’s decent but not great. Also handled by a very average Lville squad.

So a GO 2 point loss AT Massillon early in the year doesn’t mean much to me. If Mass played GO tomorrow on a neutral court I’m guessing most people would be taking GO to win.

Wooster honestly is a tough one due to their schedule being average but only 1 loss. I’d say considering their only loss was to Massillon on the road by 2, I give them the edge because if it was neutral or at Wooster they likely win. It’s not like Mass smoked either team. You won by 2 at home. Massillon also would’ve lost to every team GO did if they had the same schedule.

I honestly can’t come up with a ranking at this point. Honestly have no idea how the voting is going to shake out.

Some teams with great records, but weak schedules, and some teams with 6 losses and good schedules, and a good strong group right in the middle.

I am fairly certain that the seeds and draw is Feb 9 (Sunday) ~ Statewide

:>---

EGA
I don't think there is a "draw" per se. I believe the online seed voting results dictate where each team falls on the bracket that already has the seeding number spots determined.

Correct. Vote to determine seeds. Placed on bracket NCAA tourney style. 13 teams, top 3 will gave byes. 4v13, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9.

I’ll release my seedings after Friday’s games. There are some impactful games this week.

Last edited:
Schedule 2/3-2/8

2/4

Boardman 75 @ Canfield 54
Green 50 @ GlenOak 48
Mt Vernon 34 @ Wooster 51
Dover 53 @ Cambridge 31
Jackson 48 @ McKinley 62
Minerva 42 @ Alliance 70
Hoover 65 @ Perry 32
Akron East 66 @ Fitch 71 OT

2/7

Boardman 59 @ Warren Harding 35
Green 48 @ Jackson 36
Wooster 67 @ Ashland 61
New Philadelphia 37 @ Dover 60
McKinley 56 @ Hoover 54
Youngstown Ursuline @ Massillon ppd make up date (2/13)
Alliance 59 @ Marlington 58
Perry 44 @ Lake 39

2/8

Wooster 52 @ Orrville 36
West Lafayette Ridgewood 49 @ Massillon 69
GlenOak 75 @ Cambridge 43
Youngstown East 66 @ Fitch 72

Last edited:
Dover should win both handily this week. Still play Hoover, which would certainly help them from a seeding standpoint in this stacked district. Agree that they will be a 7 or 8 seed. They can score, so they will be a tough out for sure. They can also be ice cold and could lose to anyone in this district!! Unfortunately, that’s what happens when you rely so heavily on 1 kid to carry your team.

Dover should win both handily this week. Still play Hoover, which would certainly help them from a seeding standpoint in this stacked district. Agree that they will be a 7 or 8 seed. They can score, so they will be a tough out for sure. They can also be ice cold and could lose to anyone in this district!! Unfortunately, that’s what happens when you rely so heavily on 1 kid to carry your team.
Agree but you would have to admit that losing Jules was a huge blow to this teams potential as it was for football.

Records of teams as of 2/7
Boardman
(17-1)
Wooster (16-1)
Green (16-2)
Dover (16-3)
McKinley (15-3)
Massillon (13-4)
GlenOak (13-7)
Alliance (13-6)
Perry (13-7)
Hoover (11-7)