Cincinnati D-1 Sectional

Cincy D-1 Sectional Records as of 2/4/2020--draw on 2/9--2 weeks left in the regular season:

Moeller -- 18-1

Lakota East -- 17-2
LaSalle -- 17-2

Turpin -- 16-2

West Clermont -- 15-4

Mt. Healthy -- 14-4
Oak Hills -- 14-5
Princeton -- 14-5
Walnut Hills -- 14-5
Edgewood -- 14-5

Hamilton -- 13-6

St. Xavier -- 12-5
Western Brown -- 12-7
Goshen -- 12-7

Mason --11-6
Elder -- 11-8

Loveland -- 10-9

Harrison -- 9-9
Western Hills -- 9-10
Lakota West -- 9-10

Milford -- 8-11

Anderson--6-13
Fairfield -- 6-13
Middletown -- 6-13
Sycamore -- 6-13

Talawanda -- 5-13
Northwest -- 5-14

Winton Woods -- 4-12
Kings -- 4-14

Withrow -- 3-15

Colerain -- 1-18
Little Miami -- 1-20

Last edited:
As of 2/6/20 these are the current top 14 in my seeding-- went with overall record, place in league play, and who has played who and beat who and lost to: 5 sectionals for 32 teams played at Hamilton, Lakota West and Fairfield--records entered online by Wednesday 2/5 and voting from 2/6-2/8 at noon--coaches can wait til Friday games are played or vote on what is entered as of Wednesday:

1--Moe 18-1---1st place GCL and beat LaSalle 2 times, St. X, Elder, Centerville, Wayne, Springfield
2--LaSalle 17-2--2nd place GCL and beat Cov. Cath, Oak Hills, St. X, Hamilton, Elder--lost to Moe 2 times
3--East 17-2--1st place GMC and beat St. X, Princeton, Hamilton, Mason 2 times--lost to @Oak Hills by 7
4--Turpin 16-2--1st place ECC and beat Elder, West Clermont 2 times--lost to Cov Cath by 4, Kings by 8
5--Oak Hills 14-5--2nd place GMC and beat Lakota East by 7, Hamilton by 9, Elder by 22--lost to Princeton by 1, @Mason by 7, @LaSalle by 5
6--Princeton 14-5--tied 3rd place GMC--beat Oak Hills by 1, St. X by 2,--lost to Lakota East by 10, Lakota West by 5, Hamilton by 3, Mason by 3
7--St. X 12-5--3rd place GCL and beat West Clermont, Toledo Rogers, Elder--lost to LaSalle by 3, East by 6, Princeton by 2, Moe by 16, Elder
8--Hamilton 13-6--5th place GMC and beat Princeton by 3, Mason by 16, Mt. H by 14--lost to LaSalle by 6, OH by 9, East by 2, Sycamore and FF
9--West Clermont 15-4--2nd place in ECC and beat Walnut 2 times--lost 2 times to Turpin, St. Xavier by 20, Hughes by 6
10--Walnut Hills 14-5--3rd place ECC and beat Mt. Healthy by 8--lost 2 times to W. Clermont, Turpin by 6, Milford by 5
11--Mason 11-6 --tied for 3rd place GMC and beat Princeton by 3, Oak Hills by 7--lost 2 times to East, and Hamilton, Princeton, Loveland
12--Mt. Healthy 14-4--tied 1st place in SWOC and beat Edgewood, Aiken---lost to Hamilton by 14, Walnut Hills, Talawanda, Wyoming
13--Elder--11-8--tied for 3rd place GCL and beat St. X--lost to Badin, Oak Hills, Turpin, Moe, LaSalle,St. X
14--Edgewood 14-5--tied 1st place SWOC and beat Badin--lost to Mt. H, Monroe, Carroll, Madison, Fenwick

**Western Brown (12-7), Goshen (12-7), Western Hills (9-10) , Loveland (10-9), Lakota West (9-10) in the 15-19 range ---should be an interesting last week heading into the tourney draw!!

Last edited:
Why can't Winton Woods keep a decent team together for more than one year at a time?
Philly, I think WW had 1 or 2 top players transfer this season--also not being in a league their schedule is set up willy/nilly with available opponents from Cincy/Dayton area, but difficult to keep kids engaged with no conference title to play for. Moving into the ECC with Lebanon and Little Miami next year will help their scheduling issues immensely and give them a solid 22 game schedule.

1 Moe
2 East - 1st place GMC team gets 2 seed
3 LaSalle
4 Turpin
5 Oak Hills
6 Princeton
7 ST X - Killed themselves of top 5 vote with loss to Elder
8 WC
9 Walnut
10 Hamilton
11 Mason
12 Elder
13 Mt Healthy
14 West
15 Edgewood

I see:
Princeton going in with Turpin
X going in with Oak Hills
WC going in with LaSalle
WH going in with East
Hamilton going in with LaSalle (played them well a few weeks ago)
Mason going in with Moe (make it to sectional final)
Elder going in with East
West going in with Turpin
Edgewood going in with Moe

1 - Moe, Mason
2 - East, Walnut, Elder
3 - LaSalle, WC, Hamilton,
4 - Turpin, Princeton, West
5 - Oak Hills, X, Edgewood, Mt Healthy

There will be some really good sectionals this year.

Not sure how you’ve come to your conclusion on these brackets but there is 0% chance a top 15 seed chooses Moeller’s bracket. Last year the best team they faced prior to the sweet 16 was a 12 seed in Winton Woods. Prior to them the best they faced was 19 seed Middletown who I’m pretty sure was put there because they missed their pick so went last.

Yes Moeller has a loss this year but other than that only one game decided by less than 10 points, on the road at notoriously tough Lasalle. No team is willingly going into their side of the bracket. More than likely Moeller gets a group of teams with less wins combined than Moeller has all year.

Also the second best team isn’t East it’s Lasalle. East will only get the 2 seed if all the GMC coaches come together like usual and vote them high.

Not sure how you’ve come to your conclusion on these brackets but there is 0% chance a top 15 seed chooses Moeller’s bracket. Last year the best team they faced prior to the sweet 16 was a 12 seed in Winton Woods. Prior to them the best they faced was 19 seed Middletown who I’m pretty sure was put there because they missed their pick so went last.

Yes Moeller has a loss this year but other than that only one game decided by less than 10 points, on the road at notoriously tough Lasalle. No team is willingly going into their side of the bracket. More than likely Moeller gets a group of teams with less wins combined than Moeller has all year.

Also the second best team isn’t East it’s Lasalle. East will only get the 2 seed if all the GMC coaches come together like usual and vote them high.

There is some strategy by going into their bracket, a lower ranked team has a better chance of winning a first, second round game and then meeting up with Moeller rather than the other brackets. The way they do the draws brings up strategy, rivalries, etc. Playing Moeller in Dayton is more fun than losing a first or second round game!

There is some strategy by going into their bracket, a lower ranked team has a better chance of winning a first, second round game and then meeting up with Moeller rather than the other brackets. The way they do the draws brings up strategy, rivalries, etc. Playing Moeller in Dayton is more fun than losing a first or second round game!

the aim is to get as far as you can get and if you want to do that you stay away from the big fish.No one is going to choose Moeller unless they need to. If some one sees a draw of say Turpin and X they would choose that over a bracket only containing Moeller.You have to do what’s best for your team. It’s pretty simple

East has the same record as LaSalle and are just as good as LaSalle. Plus like you said they have 10 coaches to vote for them compared to 4 for LaSalle. Mason would get to play for the Sectional title and at least the chance to have a great night and beat Moe as opposed to trying to win 3 games against good teams to make it out of the sectional. This year the city is way deeper than in recent years so having a higher seeded team jump in to play Moe is not out of the question.

No DI District Championships are in Dayton this year. All four games are at Cintas Center on Sunday, March 8.

If I'm a team like Edgewood, Mt.Healthy, or West I'm jumping in the bracket with Moe. Probably guaranteed to win a game or two and make it to a sectional final something neither of these teams have been able to do in recent memory. These three teams stand no chance going into a bracket where they have to face two teams that are very good just to get to a sectional final. These three teams have had really good years, but are great examples of teams who are not that good to win two or three tournament games against quality opponents in a sectional bracket. That's why I would jump in the bracket with Moe, beat a Little Miami, Kings, or a Withrow and see if I could pull off that upset in a sectional final! lol

If I'm a team like Edgewood, Mt.Healthy, or West I'm jumping in the bracket with Moe. Probably guaranteed to win a game or two and make it to a sectional final something neither of these teams have been able to do in recent memory. These three teams stand no chance going into a bracket where they have to face two teams that are very good just to get to a sectional final. These three teams have had really good years, but are great examples of teams who are not that good to win two or three tournament games against quality opponents in a sectional bracket. That's why I would jump in the bracket with Moe, beat a Little Miami, Kings, or a Withrow and see if I could pull off that upset in a sectional final! lol

I have news for you. Little Miami is probably going to play Moeller in its first game.

I have news for you. Little Miami is probably going to play Moeller in its first game.
And Colerain will be Moe's 2nd opponent---#31 and #32 seeds will get stuck with Moe, unless some other team wants to get their season over--or misses the draw like Middletown did last year and was placed in the last open spot!!

Updated Cincy D-1 Sectional Records as of 2/7/2020--voting deadline 2/8/20 at Noon--Tourney draw on 2/9--1 week left in the regular season:

Moeller -- 19-1

Lakota East -- 18-2
LaSalle -- 18-2

Turpin -- 17-2

Mt. Healthy -- 15-4
Oak Hills -- 15-5
West Clermont -- 15-5
Edgewood -- 15-5

Hamilton -- 14-6
Princeton -- 14-6
Walnut Hills -- 14-6

Goshen -- 13-7

St. Xavier -- 12-6
Western Brown -- 12-7

Mason --11-7
Elder -- 11-9

Loveland -- 10-10
Western Hills -- 10-10
Lakota West -- 10-10

Harrison -- 9-10
Milford -- 9-11

Fairfield -- 7-13

Anderson--6-14
Sycamore -- 6-14
Middletown -- 6-14
Northwest -- 6-14

Talawanda -- 5-14
Northwest -- 6-14

Kings -- 5-14

Winton Woods -- 4-12
Withrow -- 4-15

Colerain -- 1-19
Little Miami -- 1-21

Based on overall body of work, and votes due by noon, here are my seeds 1-14:

1--Moe 19-1---1st place GCL
2--East 18-2--1st place GMC
3--LaSalle 18-2--2nd place GCL
4--Turpin 17-2--1st place ECC
5--Oak Hills 15-5--2nd place GMC
6--Princeton 14-6--tied 3rd place GMC
7--Hamilton 14-6--tied for 3rd place GMC
8--St. X 12-6--3rd place GCL
9--West Clermont 15-5--2nd place in ECC
10--Walnut Hills 14-6--3rd place ECC
11--Mt. Healthy 15-4--tied 1st place in SWOC
12--Mason 11-7 --tied for 3rd place GMC
13--Elder--11-9--tied for 3rd place GCL
14--Edgewood 15-5--tied 1st place SWOC

Meeting for the draw will be at 2:00 on Sunday 2/9 at Lakota West--should be interesting as always!!

1--Moe 19-1---1st place GCL
2--East 18-2--1st place GMC
3--LaSalle 18-2--2nd place GCL
4--Turpin 17-2--1st place ECC
5--Oak Hills 15-5--2nd place GMC
6--Princeton 14-6--tied 3rd place GMC
7--Hamilton 14-6--tied for 3rd place GMC
8--St. X 12-6--3rd place GCL
9--West Clermont 15-5--2nd place in ECC
10--Walnut Hills 14-6--3rd place ECC
11--Mt. Healthy 15-4--tied 1st place in SWOC
12--Mason 11-7 --tied for 3rd place GMC
13--Elder--11-9--tied for 3rd place GCL
14--Edgewood 15-5--tied 1st place SWOC

Meeting for the draw will be at 2:00 on Sunday 2/9 at Lakota West--should be interesting as always!!

we will see almost all of the 4-14 seeds in the same 2 brackets. No one will want to go up against the top 3. Moeller Lasalle and East will all have incredibly easy draws headed into the games at Cintas. Teams 4-14 will feel very confident of making it to Xavier going up against each other.

we will see almost all of the 4-14 seeds in the same 2 brackets. No one will want to go up against the top 3. Moeller Lasalle and East will all have incredibly easy draws headed into the games at Cintas. Teams 4-14 will feel very confident of making it to Xavier going up against each other.
Don't be so sure of top teams avoiding East and LaSalle--many teams have played them tough and may choose to play them in a sectional final if that's a better path to the regional--the Turpin bracket should be the loaded one I anticipate!!

Don't be so sure of top teams avoiding East and LaSalle--many teams have played them tough and may choose to play them in a sectional final if that's a better path to the regional--the Turpin bracket should be the loaded one I anticipate!!

Turpins bracket could really be decided tonight. If they play Moeller close, win or lose less than 5-7, teams might buy in to their record. If they get blown out I see lots of teams jumping in with them. I’ve only seen them once this year but I wasn’t impressed by what I saw, their 27-24 win over West Clermont. Hard to classify it as a d1 game.

Turpin fans are probably wishing there was a lot more snow than what we got this morning. Only lost by 20 or so and it really should’ve been much more. Teams won’t be scared tomorrow of their 17-3 record. I expect that bracket to be loaded behind them. They will definitely be running the gauntlet to Cintas.

Draw in about 2 hours at West--still feel this will be the top 8 selecting:
1.Moe
2.East
3.LaSalle
4.Turpin
5.Oak Hills
6.Princeton
7.St. X
8.Hamilton

Updates as we get 'em!!

Are the meetings open to the public? I assume they are for coaches only, but just wondering as I too thought it would be interesting to see how the brackets unfold.

Are the meetings open to the public? I assume they are for coaches only, but just wondering as I too thought it would be interesting to see how the brackets unfold.
Here's the link with dates and times for the sectional games--no teams listed til Sunday's draw--these brackets will be filled in sometime after the draw is finished--probably online by 4:00 to 5:00.
OHSAA > Southwest Sports & Tournaments > Basketball – Boys