Canton Area Restaurants

We've been reading some reviews of Canton area restaurants and would like some input from some of Yappi's finest. Vincent's Pastaaria in Canton and Scratch Steakhouse in Louisville. Has anyone been to either? Recommendations?

My favorite is Gervasi winery. To go with good food, they have a really nice place walk around when the weather is nice, pond, bocce ball, gift shop, distillery...I think they also have the number one rated place to stay/ hotel in Ohio.

My favorite is Gervasi winery. To go with good food, they have a really nice place walk around when the weather is nice, pond, bocce ball, gift shop, distillery...I think they also have the number one rated place to stay/ hotel in Ohio.

(y)(y)

Ever take your own bottle of wine to Contessa's ? Great "dive"!

Sylvester Very good Very Good I always have a great meal nice place to enjoy dinner Steak are perfect nice place to enjoy good dinning experiences

Lucia’s Never had a bad meal ( they hang there steaks to marinate the meat fibre )

Johns Bar Canton Strip steak are grilled and season with butter, nice friendly place

Sparta Steak It’s a very good Steak .. its an old restaurant Italian friendly .... good to know the family

Willow Best Prime Rib ever

Gervasi
and or Crush House both good dining

Jasmine One of my favorite Thai

Basil Asian Bistro
Good place for Thai just a nice place to eat.

Benders
long time old Canton dinning, prices but I go there twice a year just for the hell of it

Buds Corner Louisville Ohio Good Burger and fun place

I could name more but this list should do

We've been reading some reviews of Canton area restaurants and would like some input from some of Yappi's finest. Vincent's Pastaaria in Canton and Scratch Steakhouse in Louisville. Has anyone been to either? Recommendations?

No ... I can think of other places ... those two are not high on the list

(y)(y)

Ever take your own bottle of wine to Contessa's ? Great "dive"!

Don't know of the place.
I'm from 3 hours away but I did go to Canton quite frequently as my daughter went to school and played vball for Walsh. We went to most home games on the weekends for 4 years and many on weekdays.

So mostly it was pregame at the Winking Lizard and post game at Fat Heads around the fire pit and walk 40 feet to the new hotel next door. Good times...

If your from out of town you really can't beat a good brewery with good food right next to a nice hotel.

Don't know of the place.
I'm from 3 hours away but I did go to Canton quite frequently as my daughter went to school and played vball for Walsh. We went to most home games on the weekends for 4 years and many on weekdays.

So mostly it was pregame at the Winking Lizard and post game at Fat Heads around the fire pit and walk 40 feet to the new hotel next door. Good times...

If your from out of town you really can't beat a good brewery with good food right next to a nice hotel.
You must have had a Saturday breakfast, or five, at Samantha’s, then. Nice place.

Is the Bear Creek Steakhouse still a thing? I remember my parents going there once when I was a little kid and my dad took me and my brothers there to ride the toboggan chutes. They had some kind of contest for eating a humongo steak in a certain amount of time. If you could do it, it was free. My brother told me it burned down.

Is the Bear Creek Steakhouse still a thing? I remember my parents going there once when I was a little kid and my dad took me and my brothers there to ride the toboggan chutes. They had some kind of contest for eating a humongo steak in a certain amount of time. If you could do it, it was free. My brother told me it burned down.
Wood fired steaks. Yum!!
And if you showed up wearing a tie, they’d cut it off with a pair of scissors and hang it from the ceiling.
Maybe the hundreds of ties caught fire ! ?

Yup.

Went when I was in my teens, and the girl I was with asked the dude standing in front of us at the chute if he was Dan Rather. Turns out it was Ted Henry from WEWS Channel 5 News, lol. Oops.

Stopped at Vincent's Pastaria for some take-out after work yesterday. I had the meat ravioli and it was fresh, clearly home made and very good. The portion was huge and I'll be eating it again for lunch tomorrow. I think the place has only 3 tables so it's more of a carry-out place. The dinner salads are premade and nothing to write home about but the house made italian dressing was outstanding. Kind of a creamy balsamic. They also make their own bread. I want to go back and try the italian beef sub.

Stopped at Vincent's Pastaria for some take-out after work yesterday. I had the meat ravioli and it was fresh, clearly home made and very good. The portion was huge and I'll be eating it again for lunch tomorrow. I think the place has only 3 tables so it's more of a carry-out place. The dinner salads are premade and nothing to write home about but the house made italian dressing was outstanding. Kind of a creamy balsamic. They also make their own bread. I want to go back and try the italian beef sub.

Mrs. Ones and I are thinking about trying it next Saturday night. Given that there are only three tables, take out may be the way to go.

This place isn't a Canton place, but how many people have gone to Cibo's in Waynesburg? I highly recommend the large mixed plate and ask them to replace the bowties with gnocci. Pass up the salad and order the wedding soup. This meal is enough for two.

This place isn't a Canton place, but how many people have gone to Cibo's in Waynesburg? I highly recommend the large mixed plate and ask them to replace the bowties with gnocci. Pass up the salad and order the wedding soup. This meal is enough for two.

Love the gnocchi. And, the ravioli! You can also buy Cibo’s sauce at a number of local grocery stores. Grew up with the current owner and his former business partner, whose sister owns The Manor Restaurant in Strasburg (local ol’ timers still call it The Chicken Manor, lol). Good people.

I've always heard good things but have never been there. There are enough good eateries in my backyard that I rarely have to go out of my way to find a good meal.

We tried Vincent's tonight. We did take out. I had the gnocci and Mrs. Ones had the cavatelli, with a side of meatballs. Everything was pretty good. We loved the housemade Italian dressing. We have enough for leftovers tomorrow, along with the quart of wedding soup that I ordered. The soup is scheduled for Sunday supper. We will definitely return.

We are thinking about Scratch Steakhouse next Friday.