6. Triad 1-9 (0-8)

SOUTH:
1. Greenon 9-1, (5-0)
2. Greeneview 7-3 (4-1)
3. Madison Plains 5-5 (3-2)
4. Cedarville 5-5 (2-3)
5. Catholic Central 2-8 (1-4)
6. Southeastern 1-9 (0-5)

Burg, WJ & Greenon all int he playoffs. One of either WLS & Greeneview may squeak in - being in the same region and playing (I believe).

Northeastern picks up Bradford and Southeastern picks up Worthington Christian and Ridgemont. no clue who Cedarville has. Plains probably keeps Fredrickstown and Westfall. Greeneview has Middletown Madison (imagine that game two years ago!) and waynesville. Burg has KR and Urbana. West Jeff has Carlisle and Waterford. Triad has Ben Logan and Buckeye Central. Fairbanks picks up Cardington Lincoln. no idea on West Liberty Salem.
WLS played Graham and Ben Logan in the non league....not sure on the status of the raiders but I do know WLS and Graham will open up week 1 in St. Paris.

I would like to see the OHC move to 2 crossovers instead of 3, and the matchups look something like this (Greeneview does get the short end of this, but when they are "up" then they would probably prefer two better teams in crossovers, so they have a better chance at harbins.)

North:
Fairbanks: Catholic Central, Madison Plains
West Liberty Salem: Greenon, Southeastern
Mechanicsburg: Greeneview, Cedarville
West Jefferson: Madison Plains, Greeneview
Triad: Cedarville, Catholic Central
Northeastern: Southeastern, Greenon

South:
Greenon: West Liberty Salem, Northeastern
Greeneview: Mechanicsburg, West Jefferson
Southeastern:
Northeastern, West Liberty Salem
Madison Plains: West Jefferson, Fairbanks
Catholic Central: Fairbanks, Triad
Cedarville: Triad, Mechanicsburg

Greenon and Kenton Ridge both have week 2 open. hope they get this done. Shawnee and Kenton Ridge could be the perfect OOC

Greenon and Kenton Ridge both have week 2 open. hope they get this done. Shawnee and Kenton Ridge could be the perfect OOC
KR would be a good upgrade for Greenon and could happen. KR's AD is a former AD at Greenon and their principle is a former HC at Greenon. but two schools in the same conference division sometimes can be a problem with second level points. I don't think it would hurt but you always want to maximize second level points and when Shawnee and KR play each other you miss a week of second level points. Considering the narrow margin that Greenon missed the playoffs last year, a win over KR would have put you guys over the top. BTW, is Greenon playing Shawnee week 1? I thought that was a no go from the rumblings on this site.

KR would be a good upgrade for Greenon and could happen. KR's AD is a former AD at Greenon and their principle is a former HC at Greenon. but two schools in the same conference division sometimes can be a problem with second level points. I don't think it would hurt but you always want to maximize second level points and when Shawnee and KR play each other you miss a week of second level points. Considering the narrow margin that Greenon missed the playoffs last year, a win over KR would have put you guys over the top. BTW, is Greenon playing Shawnee week 1? I thought that was a no go from the rumblings on this site.
nothing is official but everything i’ve heard since the start of the year is telling me that Shawnee will be the week 1 game next year (apparently shawnee wanted to back out?) so nothing is confirmed but for now i’m pretty sure they will be the week 1 matchup

Thing is, Shawnee was a MASSIVE win. They went what 9-1? Or 8-2? Whatever it was, they got so many L2 points from them. Shawnee will be a fringe .500 team and KR will be at best .500. My guess 4-6. Tecumseh will be much improved. They could repeat the 1-4 in the division record at 1-4 and maybe even 0-5. Greenon will struggle to make the playoffs with that first 2 week schedule, but sort of like what else can they do? Tough spot. 9-1 is likely and makes it about 50/50. Who are the crossovers?

Thing is, Shawnee was a MASSIVE win. They went what 9-1? Or 8-2? Whatever it was, they got so many L2 points from them. Shawnee will be a fringe .500 team and KR will be at best .500. My guess 4-6. Tecumseh will be much improved. They could repeat the 1-4 in the division record at 1-4 and maybe even 0-5. Greenon will struggle to make the playoffs with that first 2 week schedule, but sort of like what else can they do? Tough spot. 9-1 is likely and makes it about 50/50. Who are the crossovers?
crossovers are the same, but the thing is Shawnee and KR will both be D4 schools. last year Shawnee was D5 and Bradford was a winless D7. last year if Shawnee was a D4, Greenon would have been in. it was that slight of a margin. two D4 teams that I'm guessing will be at .500 should be better than an 8-2 D5 team and 0-10 D7 team. I can't really think of any better schedule they could have at this point. Greenon should have no trouble getting in at 9-1 I would think.

crossovers are the same, but the thing is Shawnee and KR will both be D4 schools. last year Shawnee was D5 and Bradford was a winless D7. last year if Shawnee was a D4, Greenon would have been in. it was that slight of a margin. two D4 teams that I'm guessing will be at .500 should be better than an 8-2 D5 team and 0-10 D7 team. I can't really think of any better schedule they could have at this point. Greenon should have no trouble getting in at 9-1 I would think.
While the bump to D4 is helpful I think they could a combine record of 10-20 likely; maybe worst. 9-1 should get you in. Thought that was Greenon's record last year. No slip ups outside of Burg... I'd consider finding a smaller team that would go 3-7 at worst that you can beat. Or take the divisor of 9. Wouldn't put a loss in jeopardy.

While the bump to D4 is helpful I think they could a combine record of 10-20 likely; maybe worst. 9-1 should get you in. Thought that was Greenon's record last year. No slip ups outside of Burg... I'd consider finding a smaller team that would go 3-7 at worst that you can beat. Or take the divisor of 9. Wouldn't put a loss in jeopardy.
personally thought they should’ve taken the bye last year. would have also put them in the playoffs. on the open dates thread, not many good options in terms of smaller teams that are decent. KR seems to be the best option out of all of them.

Theres a reason KR and Greenon dont play anymore. KR at 5-5 was better than an 8-2 Greenon team. KR probably won't be too good next year but on a yearly basis they bury Greenon
That's what Shawnee said. Or did u think KR was better than Shawnee? And btw...greenon would have smoked 5-5 KR. Rice would have dominated them worse than he did Shawnee. Been doing it since 7th grade

That's what Shawnee said. Or did u think KR was better than Shawnee? And btw...greenon would have smoked 5-5 KR. Rice would have dominated them worse than he did Shawnee. Been doing it since 7th grade
seen Rice play KR since JH ball. they could never keep up with them. then again, no one could. but that’s what Elite 11 QB’s tend to do.

Clutch 7/10 is right. i’m hearing he will attend and i heard in indianapolis. i’m not sure how many make finals?

How does that work? Pool of 100 QBs and compete for top 11?
20 total qb's will get selected out of the regionals (around 700 qb's from all over the nation). Some regions will have multiple qb's selected some regions won't have any. Just depends how they perform. Then theres a second regional in the summer for qb's who weren't selected the first time as a final chance to get in the final event.

Key 2020 Losses (all OHC players):
Catholic Central: Ryan Ewing (WR/S), Colby Zeller (OL/DL)
Cedarville: Colby Cross (WR/DB), Wes Wickline (OL/DE)
Fairbanks: Dakota Key (OL/DL), Sam Rengert (OL/DL), Braxton Wilhelm (QB/DB), Gatlin Luke (WR/DB)
Greeneview: Clay Payton (RB/LB), Nick Wolfe (OL/DL), Michael Hanson (OL/LB)
Greenon: Dylan Bardnell (OL/DL), Luke Downing (WR/DB)
Madison Plains: Ethan Hill (OL/DL), Jarrett Vallery (QB/DB), Matt Holbrook (OL/DL), Parker Wright (OL/DL)
Mechanicsburg: Kix Thiel (TE/DL), Logan Hurst (QB/DB), Noah Wolf (WR/LB), Mack Delong (WR/SS)
Northeastern: Codey Taylor (OL/LB)
Southeastern: Tucker Eriksen (WR/DB), Hayden Mckee (RB/LB), Austin Sanders (WR/DB), Emerson Severt (OL/LB)
Triad: Logan McCoy (WR/DB), Jordan Simonelli (QB/LB)
West Jefferson: Gabe Jones (RB/DB)*, Shane Bumgardner (OL/DL), Cory Hart (OL/DL), Brenton Robertson (OL/DL)
West Liberty-Salem: Isaac Lee (OL/DL), Holden Nease (RB/DL), Kyle Wolfe (OL/DL), Trevor Woodruff (QB/DB), Eli McGill (OL/DL), Trenton Douthwaite (WR/DB)

Key 2020 Returners (all OHC players):
Catholic Central: None
Cedarville: Kane Odon (RB/ILB), Mason Bowen (RB/DB)
Fairbanks: Braylon Green (WR/LB), Riordin Stauffer (RB/LB)
Greeneview: Ian Henry (OL/DL), Dakota Mangan (WR/LB), Jarrod Mays (FB/LB), Logan Sandlin (WR/DB)
Greenon: Cade Rice (QB/DB)*, Kameron Cox (RB/DB), Nathan Hawks (K), Bass Moore (WR/DB), Clay Hough (WR/DB), Brendon Parrett (OL/LB), Arlie Benson Jr (WR/DB)
Madison Plains: Paul Bryant (RB/DB), Ryan Ernst (WR/DB)
Mechanicsburg: Caden Coleman (OL/DL), Jake Hurst (WR/LB), Chayse Propst (RB/DL), Keith Bebout (WR/FS), Aaron Conley (QB/DB)
Northeastern: Gunnar Leonard (RB/DL)
Southeastern: Wade Eriksen (QB/DB)
Triad: None
West Jefferson: Tyler Buescher (QB/DB), Tyler Oberle (WR/DB), Dylan Lambert (RB/DL)
West Liberty-Salem: Nick Burden (WR/DB), Isaiah McGill (RB/TE/LB)

* denotes OHC Player of the Year

Looking at that, WLS and West Jefferson get hit hardest by graduation. I think West Jefferson recovers better as they have a plethora of replacements at nearly every position (even though Jones is irreplaceable). Greenon and Mechancisburg have the most returning.

North appears to be a 2-man race (Burg and West Jefferson).

I don't think anyone challenges Greenon in the south.
Gabe committed to Walsh University. We are gonna miss the OHC!

Congrats to an amazing back. Arguably the best ever in the OHC.

Im sure he wont be missed by the conferences Defensive Coordinators!

That makes for an interesting debate. Who are the top players of all time in the OHC?

Obvious choices:
Gabe Jones, West Jefferson
Kaleb Romero, Mechanicsburg
Brian Wagner, Catholic Central

My other choices:
Collin Link, West Liberty-Salem
Brian Kelley, Catholic Central
Joe Webb, Mechancisburg
Lee Yoder, West Liberty-Salem
Trent McIntyre, Triad
Aeyrton Erwin, Mechanicsburg

Obviously that's a very "OHC North" list, so who else belongs on there?

Don't forget about the early years of the OHC in SE Brian Cooper. In football and basketball. He was a stud in both!

Romero and Jones but Rice has the potential to be in that group. i always thought Nick Clevenger of Greeneview was a very solid player as well.

If Wagner would have stayed at, rather gone to Greenon, they would have made the playoffs in 06 and 07. That kid was a game changer on both sides of the ball. There was a QB in the early-mid 2000s at Southeastern that threw for over 3000 yards and 30sih TDs and SE was only 1-9 or 3-7 something like that.

He was a 4 year starter at SE. His senior year (2009) SE went to the playoffs and got beat by FL. He went on to play for Witt and set some records there I think. His name escapes me at the moment. His dad was a coach @ SE until his senior year.

That makes for an interesting debate. Who are the top players of all time in the OHC?

Obvious choices:
Gabe Jones, West Jefferson
Kaleb Romero, Mechanicsburg
Brian Wagner, Catholic Central

My other choices:
Collin Link, West Liberty-Salem
Brian Kelley, Catholic Central
Joe Webb, Mechancisburg
Lee Yoder, West Liberty-Salem
Trent McIntyre, Triad
Aeyrton Erwin, Mechanicsburg

Obviously that's a very "OHC North" list, so who else belongs on there?
I played with a kid from West Jeff named Logan Stepp in college (Otterbein University). Not sure what his High School Stats were but he was a hell of a player for us. As a senior he was the first person in OAC history to pass for 2000 and rush for 1000 In the same season. His junior season was pretty close to that as well.

He was a 4 year starter at SE. His senior year (2009) SE went to the playoffs and got beat by FL. He went on to play for Witt and set some records there I think. His name escapes me at the moment. His dad was a coach @ SE until his senior year.
Reed Florence. On the staff at Witt now