2020 Cleveland Browns

Andrew Berry...yawn...

Extensive searches for a head coach and GM that brought us right back to where we knew they'd be- Stefanski and Berry, DePo's guys. What a damn clown show.

Andrew Berry...yawn...

Extensive searches for a head coach and GM that brought us right back to where we knew they'd be- Stefanski and Berry, DePo's guys. What a damn clown show.

I'm willing to give them a chance. Wolf and Highsmith are still in the room. That's a bit comforting. Still, the one constant remains: Jimmy Haslam. In football, having "alligator arms" is a bad thing. In Haslam's case, though, it should be his new approach to ownership. You hired them, let them work, and keep your God-forsaken hands off the football side of the organization.

Cannot be any worse than Freddy was last year. I think Stefanski will be a big improvement in terms of professionalism and having the team ready to play. I cannot imagine he will put up with the discipline issues Browns had last year. They should be much more together offensively too under Stefanski. Now, go get a new LT, RT and RG to fix the OL and we may have something. Mayfield needs to improve and the D has to stop the run for Browns to make playoffs in 2020 though. We will see what new DC does on that side of the ball. Hopefully, Stefanski can work his magic like he did with Keenam and Cousins and help Baker to a much better year.

I'm willing to give them a chance. Wolf and Highsmith are still in the room. That's a bit comforting. Still, the one constant remains: Jimmy Haslam. In football, having "alligator arms" is a bad thing. In Haslam's case, though, it should be his new approach to ownership. You hired them, let them work, and keep your God-forsaken hands off the football side of the organization.

I'm with you. I'm just amused by their "search process" and that they're back to the plan they essentially abandoned (or at least put on the back burner) when they brought in Dorsey.

Cannot be any worse than Freddy was last year. I think Stefanski will be a big improvement in terms of professionalism and having the team ready to play. I cannot imagine he will put up with the discipline issues Browns had last year. They should be much more together offensively too under Stefanski. Now, go get a new LT, RT and RG to fix the OL and we may have something. Mayfield needs to improve and the D has to stop the run for Browns to make playoffs in 2020 though. We will see what new DC does on that side of the ball. Hopefully, Stefanski can work his magic like he did with Keenam and Cousins and help Baker to a much better year.

Agreed.

I'm just mystified that the prospect of any leadership configuration that they arrived at here now warranted getting away from a third year of Dorsey. He needed one more draft/free agent class to fully turn over the roster, and this moron Haslam was convinced by DePo that another reboot was in order. Too soon.

I still suspect that DePo trick-f__ed Haslam into this endpoint by setting up a flow chart or road map that required ditching Dorsey to get Haslam's "first love", McDaniels, but then had the operational protocol "land mines" installed along the way that would get McDaniels to walk away post-Dorsey and leave a staff that DePo could control as the only remaining option for Haslam. All the while preserving the illusion for Haslam that he is King of All Football.

Well, now, the nerds are in full control of the Browns front office without a bonafide football mind near the top of the pecking order, save for Stefanski. DePodesta's purge is complete. And is this SOB going to control things from California? Golly, I vaguely remember another Browns disaster when they allowed a high-ranking member of the front office to stay on the West Coast. Mike Holmgren set up his retirement fund on the backs of the Browns, the thieving bastard. I'm now convinced that if the Browns succeed, it will be in spite of the worst professional sports team owner since Ted Stepien. Yes, I'm even putting him below Art Modell, that's how inept I think he is.

Well, now, the nerds are in full control of the Browns front office without a bonafide football mind near the top of the pecking order, save for Stefanski. DePodesta's purge is complete. And is this SOB going to control things from California? Golly, I vaguely remember another Browns disaster when they allowed a high-ranking member of the front office to stay on the West Coast. Mike Holmgren set up his retirement fund on the backs of the Browns, the thieving bastard. I'm now convinced that if the Browns succeed, it will be in spite of the worst professional sports team owner since Ted Stepien. Yes, I'm even putting him below Art Modell, that's how inept I think he is.
I would feel a lot more confident had Paton been hired as GM. One thing the Vikings do not lack is a talented roster.

I was in favor of them hiring Wolf as the GM 5 or 6 years ago.

A head coach who's only coached for one NFL franchise and the youngest GM in NFL history, led by a baseball guy from California. Sounds like a successful formula. I hope to hell it is.

Art at least had his dart land on a correct choice occasionally. Jimmy is pitching a shutout and pushed out the only guy who led the team to improvement in his ownership tenure.

I was in favor of them hiring Wolf as the GM 5 or 6 years ago.

A head coach who's only coached for one NFL franchise and the youngest GM in NFL history, led by a baseball guy from California. Sounds like a successful formula. I hope to hell it is.

Art at least had his dart land on a correct choice occasionally. Jimmy is pitching a shutout and pushed out the only guy who led the team to improvement in his ownership tenure.

DePosesta was part of the 1-31 infamy, but Haslam has brought a lot of the old gang back together. I find it troubling that this current group swung and missed more times than Dave Kingman but apparently John Dorsey had to hit 1.000.

This could be happening again in 1-2 years and DePodesta’s butt is on the line. His back-channeling and, possibly, back-stabbing has gotten him the results he wanted. If it doesn’t work, it’s rinse and repeat The irony is, if they do succeed, they have the man the my forced out to thank.

I sure hope Stefanski has some say in who stays and goes among players and in the draft. I have way more confidence in him than I do Berry or Depodesta. I hope Wolf stays for at least another year to keep draft process intact. Sounds like there was way more friction between Dorsey and his guys and Depo than we were aware of. Depo won that tug of war I guess. Just hope the Browns are not the laughing stock again this year. With a decent draft they have talent to turn 6-10 into 10-6 right away. But I will have to see it first.

I’m confused by all the Dorsey love ... he was given a boat load of picks and cap space .... and what did we get from it ... a team full of skill players ... weak Oline and a DL with absolutely no depth ... most really good teams are strong up the middle.

Name the great moves ... Nick Chubb and ?

Good moves ... Landry (I think, but paid him a lot), Siebert & Gillan, Greedy (so far)

Jury still out on ... Mayfield, Ward, OBJ, & Hunt, Takitaki

Bad moves ... Corbett, Ogbah, Nassib, Calloway, Thomas, Vernon/Zeitler

not terrible ... but hardly HOF worthy

I’m confused by all the Dorsey love ... he was given a boat load of picks and cap space .... and what did we get from it ... a team full of skill players ... weak Oline and a DL with absolutely no depth ... most really good teams are strong up the middle.

Good moves ... Landry (I think, but paid him a lot), Siebert & Gillan, Greedy (so far)

Agreed, not a perfect slate. That being said, he was the best they'd had in a very long time and he finally had the ship going in the right direction. I think he deserved more than two years to work on it and that diverting back to the DePo model was premature.

Ok. Go back and review the drafts of the two GMs prior to Dorsey.

The biggest advantage of VanPelt is that he knows the defensive weaknesses and can advise on the players who are liabilities.

Question for you Browns fans. Are we so beaten down that we've become apathetic? In other years, a new GM or coordinator would blow this board up. Usually this time of year we're excited about the draft, looking to free agency, enthused for next season. This year...meh... Has Jimmy finally worn us all down?

Question for you Browns fans. Are we so beaten down that we've become apathetic? In other years, a new GM or coordinator would blow this board up. Usually this time of year we're excited about the draft, looking to free agency, enthused for next season. This year...meh... Has Jimmy finally worn us all down?

Not just Jimmy. Art, Al, Randy, and now this clueless, rudderless imbecile. The answer to your question, Clark, is 'yes.' Remember that scene in the movie Cool Hand Luke when Luke was beaten and then told by the warden to dig a hole, fill it, dig it again, fill it again...? His spirit finally, finally broke and laying at the bottom of the hole, exhausted, he said to him, "Boss, don't hit me anymore. For God's sake...don't hit me anymore." I think we've reached that point. We've had our hopes filled only to see the "organization" dig us into a deeper hole of disappointment each time. Maybe we've just become exhausted watching this play out over and over, and the most dispiriting aspect of this is that some of the cast from the worst of these failures is back in the picture. How can you be excited about that?

Not just Jimmy. Art, Al, Randy, and now this clueless, rudderless imbecile. The answer to your question, Clark, is 'yes.' Remember that scene in the movie Cool Hand Luke when Luke was beaten and then told by the warden to dig a hole, fill it, dig it again, fill it again...? His spirit finally, finally broke and laying at the bottom of the hole, exhausted, he said to him, "Boss, don't hit me anymore. For God's sake...don't hit me anymore." I think we've reached that point. We've had our hopes filled only to see the "organization" dig us into a deeper hole of disappointment each time. Maybe we've just become exhausted watching this play out over and over, and the most dispiriting aspect of this is that some of the cast from the worst of these failures is back in the picture. How can you be excited about that?

That pretty well sums it up. Beaten down.

I'm too young for the Cool Hand Luke reference. LOL.

My interest in the team has been declining for years. They haven't gotten any of my money since 2013. Blind loyalty from me isn't happening anymore. If I watch part of a game, it's because I can't find anything else to do. I can only eat so much crap.