Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Yeah, I leaked 2 earlier and regret it. You hate to cost people jobs or deter other candidates from applying.
I know a legendary coach who had his name leaked to the most storied program in the country and I have no doubt that affected his decision to not take it.....

But y'all do you, leak out those names for the lucrative HS coaching position ....

Leaking starts at the top, not here on Yappi........ If some coach wont take a position because of leaking, probably would'nt want that coach anyway. We are talking HS football for crying out loud.

Leaking starts at the top, not here on Yappi........ If some coach wont take a position because of leaking, probably would'nt want that coach anyway. We are talking HS football for crying out loud.
Exactly, but not how you are describing it. Putting a name out there for someone to possibly uproot their family for a low paying HS FB coaching position? Not a good look. College/Pro well when there is career changing money involved then that is the cost of fame.

Locals start to hear of said coach being interested and they run into him around town and are a little extra nice to him and juust maybe he realizes the grass isnt always greener.....I have seen it first hand thankfully....

Just something about anonymity......many folks don't want their current employer to know they are looking elsewhere......

Or you float it out there and magically receive an offer to add a title to your job and make more $$$$$.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. With what BHS has coming through the pipeline it is a very attractive position.

Not sure on who - heard it was final interviews this week and expecting to have a selected and accepted coach by end of week.

My advise to any head coach, if your worried about where your at, don't throw your hat in the ring in the first place. Im not trying to out anyone applying for the job, but at the same time as a tax paying resident, I dont believe we leverage that kind of power. But it sould be public knowlege of who is appying ...........

My advise to any head coach, if your worried about where your at, don't throw your hat in the ring in the first place. Im not trying to out anyone applying for the job, but at the same time as a tax paying resident, I dont believe we leverage that kind of power. But it sould be public knowlege of who is appying ...........
I agree. It helps with transparency side of things, too. Are you truly evaluating and ensuring those are the best candidates?

Last thing I will say on this subject....as I will cede everyone's opinion's will differ but my stance is well known....

I don't know exactly how it happened, but I was fortunate to be in the room (actually the basement ) when a very well known, highly touted program was going through the resume's to replace their longtime coach. The AD and HC was ADAMENT that these names did not leave the room

Predictions? Lets say top 4
Note* Using stats from cbcsportsonline.com and also drawing from watching some teams play this past season.
(* denotes returning POY)

MR Offensive P.O.Y?
MR Defensive P.O.Y??
KT Offensive P.O.Y?
KT Defensive P.O.Y?

Trying to get gauge for who brings what back.

I'll start,
MR OPOY- **Trevor Moran (NU), Kanin Stoner (Ben Logan), Brady King (Graham) Ben VanNoord (Northwestern)
MR DPOY- **Zach Millard (NU), Nathan Dewey (Northwestern), Ethan Young (NU), Lane Mefford (Indian Lake)
KT OPOY- Jackson Izzard (Alder), JT Keith (Alder), Antwuan Burns (London), Khaleb Comer (London)
KT DPOY- Seth Anderson (Kenton Ridge), Braden Burner (Tecumseh), Thad Huff (London), Jackson Izzard (Alder)

Predictions? Lets say top 4
Note* Using stats from cbcsportsonline.com and also drawing from watching some teams play this past season.
(* denotes returning POY)

MR Offensive P.O.Y?
MR Defensive P.O.Y??
KT Offensive P.O.Y?
KT Defensive P.O.Y?

Trying to get gauge for who brings what back.

I'll start,
MR OPOY- **Trevor Moran (NU), Kanin Stoner (Ben Logan), Brady King (Graham) Ben VanNoord (Northwestern)
MR DPOY- **Zach Millard (NU), Nathan Dewey (Northwestern), Ethan Young (NU), Lane Mefford (Indian Lake)
KT OPOY- Jackson Izzard (Alder), JT Keith (Alder), Antwuan Burns (London), Khaleb Comer (London)
KT DPOY- Seth Anderson (Kenton Ridge), Braden Burner (Tecumseh), Thad Huff (London), Jackson Izzard (Alder)

I would say those are a pretty good group to be in the conversation. I only saw Urbana and North Union for the MR so I can't really weigh in on the MR side.

Burns & Keith are coming off season ending injuries, hope they can both bounce back and be at there best when the season starts.

Drew Mitch from Shawnee could be a name to watch, but I don't know what kind of supporting cast he will have or if they plan on using him at QB or WR.

Izzard from Alder has the potential to be a D1 player in football IMO.

I would say those are a pretty good group to be in the conversation. I only saw Urbana and North Union for the MR so I can't really weigh in on the MR side.

Burns & Keith are coming off season ending injuries, hope they can both bounce back and be at there best when the season starts.

Drew Mitch from Shawnee could be a name to watch, but I don't know what kind of supporting cast he will have or if they plan on using him at QB or WR.

Izzard from Alder has the potential to be a D1 player in football IMO.
Yes I agree Izzard has D1 size and athleticism for a MAC school he’s a great player. Any chances he chooses basketball over football?

Yes I agree Izzard has D1 size and athleticism for a MAC school he’s a great player. Any chances he chooses basketball over football?

going into last year I think basketball was probably more on his mind at the next level, but I think that mind set has changed. He‘a a game changer on both sides of the ball at the HS level.

Unless the coaches were exceptionally impressed with the Frosh from this past season, Mitch will be the QB.

Good hire for the cougars...Interesting to see who they get week 2 and coach Daniels has a massive opener with Mechanicsburg. Who takes over for the 4 year starter Lemen?

Good hire for the cougars...Interesting to see who they get week 2 and coach Daniels has a massive opener with Mechanicsburg. Who takes over for the 4 year starter Lemen?
Unless he manages to get some magic from the kids that Marratta wasn't getting KR won't be very good next year. They lost a good senior class that had at least a half dozen 3 year starters who won more as sophomores than as seniors. Lots of potential in that school though

I would bet they'll manage at least a .500 season even if you assume they have a few losses in the bank against teams that predictably should be very strong. The junior class this coming year should be fairly strong and outside of Mechanicsburg the front half of their schedule is going to have some weak non-conference opponents and a pair of one-man shows for their crossover games. I would probably bet on them being 4-1 entering divisional play, and they'll get at least one win between Shawnee, Tecumseh and Bellefontaine.

If they have any size at all coming through the ranks, the new guy will turn things around pretty quickly if they run a decent strength program.

i bet KR is .500. the Cougars need to get Greenon week 2! would be a great series for both schools. i do know the KR c/o 2022 is pretty good.

i don’t think KR will be BAD at all. i’ve seen talent there. but at least a year away from competing with Alder and London. can probably win all 3 crossovers and 1-2 of Bellefontaine, Tecumseh, and Shawnee. maybe a week 2 win depending on who they schedule. building for 2021

i don’t think KR will be BAD at all. i’ve seen talent there. but at least a year away from competing with Alder and London. can probably win all 3 crossovers and 1-2 of Bellefontaine, Tecumseh, and Shawnee. maybe a week 2 win depending on who they schedule. building for 2021
2 crossovers now in CBC country with the addition of NU and London. KR has Graham and Northwestern...........in other words stop VanNoord on the ground with NW and get AFTER Graham's Brady King, they'll be justttttt fine. KR needs to drop Ben Logan week 3 as a "non-league game" and beef up a bit. I agree though some building to do before the Pioneers and Red Raiders need to worry.

Yes KR has always beaten the teams they are suppose to beat but always seem to fall short against similar or better talent. Looking forward to what this coach brings to the table. Also in major agreement that KR and Greenon need to match up in week 2 if Greenon is open as well

both Greenon and KR are open and i’m being told it has been discussed at length but no decision made. that would be a big game in the CBC/OHC area. agreed that they should drop Ben Logan and get a SWBL team.