2020 Cleveland Browns

Same as most everything else that he does; trying to start a conversation and look cool doing it

I hope Jefferson yelled, "I'm declaring for the draft!" before he accepted any money.

Beckham is not a stupid man. In fact, if there is anyone more aware of a location of a camera or an open microphone than Beckham, please identify him or her. Leave it to him to try to make himself part of the narrative when his college achieved something he couldn't when he played there. I'm beginning to wonder if his actions will be detrimental to LSU. I'm also beginning to wonder if he's worth the seemingly constant distractions he causes.

I hope Jefferson yelled, "I'm declaring for the draft!" before he accepted any money.

Beckham is not a stupid man. In fact, if there is anyone more aware of a location of a camera or an open microphone than Beckham, please identify him or her. Leave it to him to try to make himself part of the narrative when his college achieved something he couldn't when he played there. I'm beginning to wonder if his actions will be detrimental to LSU. I'm also beginning to wonder if he's worth the seemingly constant distractions he causes.
I agree ... I really don't think he was too bad last year .... just afraid it is only going to get worse ... he seemed to wear out his welcome in of all places NY

Some folks are just plain stupid and it is an integrity issue if OBJ and some players are saying it is fake but if it is indeed real.

Just some people always have to be controversial and just plain dum.

LSU may just go straight back to Ed the Ogre ball with both Burrow and Joe Brady now gone. I think they just caught lightning in a bottle and will be meh again.

Beckham is the modern self-aggrandizing athlete. He’s the LeBron of football. Might as well get used to handling these athletes, because there will only be more.

LSU may just go straight back to Ed the Ogre ball with both Burrow and Joe Brady now gone. I think they just caught lightning in a bottle and will be meh again.

Beckham is the modern self-aggrandizing athlete. He’s the LeBron of football. Might as well get used to handling these athletes, because there will only be more.
Dont think they will start getting some top tier QBs because of this?

From most reports, OBJ is a decent teammate. He's just an attention whore. I'd sure like to see the production from a healthy and focused OBJ, but it's hard to see him ever being just focused on his game.

Last edited:
Just read that OBJ now has an arrest warrant out for him for smacking a security guard on the backside in the locker room after the game.

Just read that OBJ now has an arrest warrant out for him for smacking a security guard on the backside in the locker room after the game.
Saw the video.
just plain stupid. When the guard turned around the look on OBJ was like he was expecting a confrontation.

What did Mrs Gump say? Stupid is as stupid does...

Dont think they will start getting some top tier QBs because of this?
nope Maybe grad transfers if the WRs and O-line stay solid. They always run pretty well.

LSU didn't make Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow with Joe Brady made LSU. They put LSU over the top, and Burrow was pretty much completed when he got there. Anything he gained was from the guy that's off to Carolina.

I love me some Ed the Ogre, don't get me wrong, but let's be real here.

Last edited:
nope Maybe grad transfers if the WRs and O-line stay solid. They always run pretty well.

LSU didn't make Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow with Joe Brady made LSU. They put LSU over the top, and Burrow was pretty much completed when he got there. Anything he gained was from the guy that's off to Carolina.

I love me some Ed the Ogre, don't get me wrong, but let's be real here.
SEC.
National Championship.
Heisman winner.
Record setting season.

Yeah, they will start getting more top flight recruits coming both in the transfer portal, grad assistants and recruiting wise!

From most reports, OBJ is a decent teammate. He's just an attention whore. I'd sure like to see the production from a healthy and focused OBJ, but it's hard to see him ever being just focused on his game.

I'm starting to tire of the "good teammate" go-to when the topic if his individualism comes up. A good teammate doesn't constantly draw attention to himself for playing with a watch or wearing stupid shoes. He does it on purpose, which to me defeats the purpose of team chemistry. As for the post-game LSU celebration, he knew the focus of attention would be on him in the locker room following the biggest moment in the school's football history and he became a storyline, just like he wanted to be, with his "donations" to the players. It took away from a team victory, and instead he's the topic, and he might actually have put the school in some hot water. I don't think he necessarily wanted an arrest warrant out of the deal, but I have a feeling he doesn't mind the attention he's getting from it.

I'm hoping the Browns hierarchy shed the kid gloves when dealing with him, and challenge him - publically - to prove what kind of great teammate he is by encouraging to come to OTAs healthy and ready to work on maximizing the talent that he and this team has. I loved Stefanski's line about personality and production. I hope Beckham listened. But I really doubt if this great teammate was even paying attention to anything but his mission to grub the spotlight whenever and however he can.

I'm starting to tire of the "good teammate" go-to when the topic if his individualism comes up. A good teammate doesn't constantly draw attention to himself for playing with a watch or wearing stupid shoes. He does it on purpose, which to me defeats the purpose of team chemistry. As for the post-game LSU celebration, he knew the focus of attention would be on him in the locker room following the biggest moment in the school's football history and he became a storyline, just like he wanted to be, with his "donations" to the players. It took away from a team victory, and instead he's the topic, and he might actually have put the school in some hot water. I don't think he necessarily wanted an arrest warrant out of the deal, but I have a feeling he doesn't mind the attention he's getting from it.

I'm hoping the Browns hierarchy shed the kid gloves when dealing with him, and challenge him - publically - to prove what kind of great teammate he is by encouraging to come to OTAs healthy and ready to work on maximizing the talent that he and this team has. I loved Stefanski's line about personality and production. I hope Beckham listened. But I really doubt if this great teammate was even paying attention to anything but his mission to grub the spotlight whenever and however he can.

Yep, he needs called out, not mollycoddled. The Giants doing so helped bring him to where he is today.

I think by "good teammate", they mean he gets along with his teammates. His "all about me" attitude is definitely bad for a team. I was never big on acquiring him as I could never understand bringing in a guy who wore out his welcome elsewhere. Problem is, the Browns are stuck with him now as they'll never get what they gave up for him and that contract is a bad deal for any team taking it on.

If I was LSU, I'd ban him from being around the team. He's really tempered their celebration with is idiocy.

Yep, he needs called out, not mollycoddled. The Giants doing so helped bring him to where he is today.

I think by "good teammate", they mean he gets along with his teammates. His "all about me" attitude is definitely bad for a team. I was never big on acquiring him as I could never understand bringing in a guy who wore out his welcome elsewhere. Problem is, the Browns are stuck with him now as they'll never get what they gave up for him and that contract is a bad deal for any team taking it on.

If I was LSU, I'd ban him from being around the team. He's really tempered their celebration with is idiocy.

I don't know if LSU will do anything. Rarely do colleges alienate millionaire alumni. :)

As for Beckham's benevolence, who gives a rat's behind? Being a good teammate is more about being 1 of 53 not 1 apart from the other 52. Being a good teammate is practicing everyday, putting time in the film and meeting rooms, and showing commitment to being a professional, not a prima donna. I couldn't agree more with the Browns being saddled with his contract if his production still mirrors that of a WR3. Everyone says that this year is a crossroads for Baker Mayfield. I think Beckham, to a lesser degree, faces the same thing. If the Beckham sideshow off the field is compounded by his lack of production on it, the result could be that no one is going to care about him and dismiss him as an oddity, a curiosity, much like Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens became when their star faded but their yearning for the spotlight didn't.

I don't know if LSU will do anything. Rarely do colleges alienate millionaire alumni. :)

May not be up to LSU. It was caught on camera and Joe Burrow stated the money was real. Better for them to nip it in the bud now before the NCAA steps in and brings a stronger hammer

As for swatting the backside of the officer, that was a calculated deliberate swat. IMO he made sure it was security & not an actual police officer. Dont know what the potential penalty may be, but if the powers that be come after him hard- he has nobody else but himself to blame

As for Beckham's benevolence, who gives a rat's behind? Being a good teammate is more about being 1 of 53 not 1 apart from the other 52. Being a good teammate is practicing everyday, putting time in the film and meeting rooms, and showing commitment to being a professional, not a prima donna. I couldn't agree more with the Browns being saddled with his contract if his production still mirrors that of a WR3. Everyone says that this year is a crossroads for Baker Mayfield. I think Beckham, to a lesser degree, faces the same thing. If the Beckham sideshow off the field is compounded by his lack of production on it, the result could be that no one is going to care about him and dismiss him as an oddity, a curiosity, much like Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens became when their star faded but their yearning for the spotlight didn't.

I guess not showing up for OTAs was our first clue.

Odell Beckham Jr is changing his name to Antonio Brown Jr -- OBJr to ABJr ... if he is not careful it will end the same way

SEC.
National Championship.
Heisman winner.
Record setting season.

Yeah, they will start getting more top flight recruits coming both in the transfer portal, grad assistants and recruiting wise!

They will do better, for sure. But if you were the dad of a kid that trained to be a pro QB, spent all the money on private lessons, watched your kid knock himself out training every day, what is it that would now draw you to LSU ? Are you going to negotiate for your personal "passing game coordinator" like former OU DC Jim Burrow did ? Or do you look for a turnkey program ?

Not sure why anyone cares what OBJ is doing in a college locker room in his off season. I WISH it was still season for him, but it isn't. All I care is that he gets healthy and is in every team practice opportunity. And that he doesn't beat up any women.

Reactions: y2h
Not sure why anyone cares what OBJ is doing in a college locker room in his off season. I WISH it was still season for him, but it isn't. All I care is that he gets healthy and is in every team practice opportunity. And that he doesn't beat up any women.
To me, what he did in NO is not the problem ... but it is a symptom of the problem with OBJ ... it just shows he is a ME guy and not a WE guy ... don’t think he is going to change his spots ... and starts showing up to things he doesn’t have too or do all the little things that makes teams great ... I really hope I’m wrong ... but he is showing why NYG decided to move on from the most talented WR in the game ... hopefully him and BM both learn from train wreck of the past season ... we will see.