IVC- 2019-20

Hopefully we will get to see that matchup in the IVC showcase games, Ridgewood vs TV , Ridgewood offense vs TV defense, Ridgewood had alot of three point shooters,I guess the key to that matchup, Ridgewood jumps on them early in first qtr.,and force them out of there zone

I think they will put Hiland vs TV and Malvern vs Ridgewood because the other way may just be the district finals

The only time they did a switch was last season , when TV and Ridgewood were scheduled to play each other in the showcase,then when tournament draw took place they were scheduled to play each other in the first game of the tournament, then they switch places with other teams

I have seen Hiland in a similar slump. In 07 they lost 3 in a row to Malvern, Garaway, and Triway. Then they won some games despite poor shooting and not being totally together. The shooting was so bad that I suggested the nickname be changed to the "Masons" - due to all the bricks they were throwing up.

A tragedy brought them together, they played their best ball at the end of the year, and went to the final four.

I've seen lots of teams (IVC teams) go thru it. No guarantee it will go in the right direction, but the sooner a team comes together, the sooner they get thru it. It will be interesting to see if, when, and how this team gets thru it.

This week in the IVC-
Ridgewood plays Garaway on Friday and Malvern on Saturday. Gonna be a big/tough weekend for the Generals.
Hiland plays Triway- Look for them to get right and have a good game against Triway.
TV plays Tuslaw and SV
IV plays Coshocton and Buckeye Trail. Braves should get their first win this week playing Coshocton imo, especially having their two kids back from injury.
EC plays SV and Conotton. Still trying to figure out the Cardinals.
Malvern has Conotton and then Strasburg and Ridgewood.

Hiland ends their two game skid with a 55-49 win over a really good Triway team. Titans led 18-7 after one, Hawks dominated the second scoring the last 14 points of the quarter to tie the game at 21 at the half, Hiland had a 40-30 lead then after three, and a long fourth quarter with lots of sloppy play resulted in the six point Hiland win. Good bounce back for the Hawks.

Is that good little point guard for Malvern hurt, I haven't seen his name in scoring column much here lately

Is that good little point guard for Malvern hurt, I haven't seen his name in scoring column much here lately
I wouldn't call him little I think he's 6'1 but yes Dirk Hutcheson Malvern's leading scorer sprained his ankle last Tuesday at East Canton and is still in a boot also I'd probably call him the shooting guard more than the point guard JMO

I didn't think he was that tall when they played Hiland,I didn't get a program for that game, hopefully he might be back for the Ridgewood game this Saturday,you would like to see everyone at full strength when a big game is coming up

I didn't think he was that tall when they played Hiland,I didn't get a program for that game, hopefully he might be back for the Ridgewood game this Saturday,you would like to see everyone at full strength when a big game is coming up
I'd like to see him back Friday for our big game with Strasburg the Hornets are trying to win a league title and if I was a betting man I'd bet he won't play this weekend in fact it may be too optimistic to hope he's back on the 31st for Tusky Valley

Boy that's to bad, you could probably win without him against the lesser teams,I don't about Ridgewood and Tusky Valley,I guess it's that old saying next man up, hopefully that next man up can fill that void,it won't be easy

Boy that's to bad, you could probably win without him against the lesser teams,I don't about Ridgewood and Tusky Valley,I guess it's that old saying next man up, hopefully that next man up can fill that void,it won't be easy
pretty sure if coach Tucci's next man was as good as Derk he would already be getting playing time I hope 8 guys on the roster score 2 more points than they were getting to make up for his offense and I don't think the defense will slip much

Last edited:
Whatever happen to the story of Disney doing a sports movie on the life of Perry Reese Jr? Heard that 15 or 20 years ago and nothing since.

Whatever happen to the story of Disney doing a sports movie on the life of Perry Reese Jr? Heard that 15 or 20 years ago and nothing since.

I guess movie-making is hard. Lol.

I will be honest, I'd rather a really gifted author do a biography and capture in detail the impact that man had on so many people. Movies are about entertainment and when you condense a story down to 1 hour and X minutes, add some stuff to juice it up and take away some stuff that can't fit, I'm not sure you have much truth and accuracy left. Plus, nowadays, screenwriters love to weave 2020 political issues into things, thus, I can see Perry encouraging an Amish boy to transition to being a girl, or some nonsense like that.

That man left a legacy in people that is still going strong almost 20 years after his death. I'd like to see other people exposed to who he was and what he did, and maybe he could make a difference in their lives too. Documentary form would make me feel better about it, but if it ever does get released as movie entertainment, I'm sure I will buy a ticket.

Last edited:
Big game tonight Malvern @ Ridgewood,some decent size on both sides of the ball, Ridgewood probably has the better outside shooters, but we will see

Top teams take care of business last night. Looks like Malvern hasn’t lost a step even with Hutchison injury. Ridgewood/Malvern matchup tonight will say a lot about both teams. Biggest disappointment this year has to be Sandy Valley.

What happened at the end of the Ridgewood-Malvern game last night? Anyone with any info?

Tucci cost his team the game by getting a stupid technical with about 10 seconds left. I know the guy is a legend but I wonder how many games he has cost his teams over the years with his stupid sideline antics and blatant disrespect towards officials.

[QUO TE="5FDP, post: 7524888, member: 302186"]
Tucci cost his team the game by getting a stupid technical with about 10 seconds left. I know the guy is a legend but I wonder how many games he has cost his teams over the years with his stupid sideline antics and blatant disrespect towards officials.
[/QUOTE]First off were you there I was the only way any coach deserved a T at that time would be if he was questioning the officials manhood or attacking his family I'm sure he didn't let alone a coach that has put 37 years of blood sweat and tears in to his profession the official didn't have to call a T he essentially determined the outcome of a great game played by two great teams and not the players as for costing them the game I'm sure he's had a hand in a few of his more than 500 victorys

what a great game ! hats off to ridgewood...IOn another note is conotton that bad? i know there young and things that ive been told is the administration is a big problem there?

Yes, CV is that bad... watched them play this year and it wasn't good. They are currently sitting at 0-14, averaging 37 a game and giving up 74. Ridgewood came away with a close win over Sandy last night. Tusky and TCC game sounds like it was a fun one going into double OT and TCC coming away with the upset win. Another very close game was played between Garaway and Strasburg, pirates won 54-51.

So updated standings in North have Malvern with 0 losses and TV with 2 losses. Hornets play at TV end of January. May not be for all the marbles unless Malvern drops a game prior to that matchup (SV). TCC still plays Malvern and TV a second time.

So updated standings in North have Malvern with 0 losses and TV with 2 losses. Hornets play at TV end of January. May not be for all the marbles unless Malvern drops a game prior to that matchup (SV). TCC still plays Malvern and TV a second time.
I believe the Sandy @ Malvern game is this Friday. Shaping up to be a big one in the North