Troy Davis Named New Louisville Leopards Head Football Coach

No disrespect, but I see it as Alliance has enough #s to compete with Louisville on a regular basis, the rest of us do not. Louisville may have got blind sided, but imagine if they were still in the league. With the schools getting even smaller, Lep fans would be going crazy because of the weak schedule they would have to play. Girls basketball barely has enough #s league wide to justify JV games anymore. Like it or not, the league did Louisville a huge favor. The league is in trouble and we all know it. We will each have to find or own niche in the future....I just hope my school's leadership figures it out quicker than Louisville's has.
I agree- I think the way it was done was wrong . Water under the bridge I guess and I wish Louisville the best of luck!!

Any news on any possible league affiliations for the Leopards? It's been quiet on the league front, one would think the Leps would like to get out of the Indy mode. Someone in the know was telling me that they think that South and Minerva will be out of the EBC by the end of next year, would the remaining schools permit Louisville back in the league?

Any news on any possible league affiliations for the Leopards? It's been quiet on the league front, one would think the Leps would like to get out of the Indy mode. Someone in the know was telling me that they think that South and Minerva will be out of the EBC by the end of next year, would the remaining schools permit Louisville back in the league?
No way. it was a unanimous decision to get Louisville out, that includes Marlington and Alliance. Plus Louisville would still roll through that conference in most sports.. I thought they were done wrong but they need to look bigger and better, not rejoin that league..

If the old NBC had any foresight (or backbone), West Branch and Minerva and maybe South would have been dropped, and kept Louisville, and tried to bring in another school or two to strengthen the league, not make it weaker. No one to blame but themselves.

Does anyone know the complete 2020 Louisville Leopard football schedule?

REGULAR SEASON

1 8/28 at Barberton 7:00
2 9/4 Steubenville Big Red 7:00
3 9/11 at Copley 7:00
4 9/17 at North Canton Hoover 7:00
5 9/25 Lake 7:00
6 10/2 at Perry 7:00
7 10/9 Green 7:00
8 10/16 GlenOak 7:00
9 10/23 Alliance 7:00
10 10/30 at Canton Central Catholic 7:00

Big Red, Copley, Lake and CCC actually show up on Arbiter or OVAC Athletics.
The other games look pretty solid based on open dates showing on the Barberton, Hoover, Perry, Green, GlenOak and Alliance Arbiter sites.
This is probably the real deal.

FWIW: With this kind of schedule, why not just join the Fed? Pretty much got almost all the FED on the schedule.

Found this on:

If the old NBC had any foresight (or backbone), West Branch and Minerva and maybe South would have been dropped, and kept Louisville, and tried to bring in another school or two to strengthen the league, not make it weaker. No one to blame but themselves.
Yea. Could have just tried to add Dover and New Philadelphia and - other and had 2 tier conference- water under the bridge.. I hope the leps find something soon..

REGULAR SEASON

The other games look pretty solid based on open dates showing on the Barberton, Hoover, Perry, Green, GlenOak and Alliance Arbiter sites.

FWIW: With this kind of schedule, why not just join the Fed? Pretty much got almost all the FED on the schedule.

Found this on:
Quality schedule!! Big Red and Alliance will be fun games!!

Thanks

REGULAR SEASON

Found this on:

REGULAR SEASON

Found this on:

This schedule even confirms more that Louisville needs to find a league for football.....5 home games and 5 away games
No way. it was a unanimous decision to get Louisville out, that includes Marlington and Alliance. Plus Louisville would still roll through that conference in most sports.. I thought they were done wrong but they need to look bigger and better, not rejoin that league..

It's odd then that Alliance would schedule Louisville now.....what's your opinion on the future of the EBC, since you seem to be knowledgeable about the league. If South and Minerva leave, as many are speculating, what do the remaining teams do? There really are no viable replacements for those two teams, and I think both Alliance and Marlington would struggle finding a league to take them due to the location...

I don’t see a league in the near (1-2 seasons) future if we don’t pass the levy in March. We’ll be in a similar situation that Northwest was in a decade ago. Nobody wants to enter into a long term relationship with a school that is openly commenting that middle school sports and some high school sports are on the chopping block for next year.

Formidable schedule next season. Could easily be a top 10 in DIII next year, just like the last two seasons.
Early odds are that we’ll be the dog in 5 of the first 6 and I know nothing about Copley and what they have returning.
It’s early...but it’s been real quiet concerning the football program. Hearing nothing on the staff, most people don’t have any idea who’s on staff. Hearing Adkins, Vanicek, Henry, and Grimm are back. Someone posted that some Mount guys are coming over, but I can’t confirm that. No idea on what direction we go with the offense or defense either. FWIW we lose a ton of guys that were on the field for 2 and 3 seasons with that senior class. The o-line and running game appears to me that’s the “strength” to build off of, so it’ll be interesting to see if Davis takes more of a Twiddy approach, or a DeMarco approach to the offense. Downfall is those guys that will make the running game good will surely be needed on defense as well. Gonna see a lot of young/inexperienced guys on the field next year with a small senior class.

If that schedule is correct, I am guessing a 3 to 4 win season with a lot of young players. Then again, I know Barberton lost a bunch of kids and not sure what they have coming up. I don't know much about Copley. Playing Alliance late in the season should help. Hopefully the Leopards are improving as the season goes on and often times the Aviators athletes will be ineligible for grades or expelled for behavior by that time.

If that schedule is correct, I am guessing a 3 to 4 win season with a lot of young players. Then again, I know Barberton lost a bunch of kids and not sure what they have coming up. I don't know much about Copley. Playing Alliance late in the season should help. Hopefully the Leopards are improving as the season goes on and often times the Aviators athletes will be ineligible for grades or expelled for behavior by that time.
Seth Whiting has lost 1 game in weeks 8-10 in his time at alliance. I also have been to all of those games and have never noticed any roster changes in comparison to earlier in the year except for injuries. Additionally grades come out after the first nine weeks which if you are capable of doing the math would mean that a week 9 game would not be affect the “ make believe ineligible players” you speak of. At any rate I’m glad you play us this year, we’ll find out who the NBC champion would be if you didn’t get booted out of the league. And btw alliance did vote you out but their options were stay in the NBC aka be in a league with just Louisville or drop out and join the EBC. After your egotistical and moderately racist comment it’s not hard to see why they didn’t side with you. And if they are scared of you why would the Aviators schedule you again so quickly?

This schedule even confirms more that Louisville needs to find a league for football.....5 home games and 5 away games

It's odd then that Alliance would schedule Louisville now.....what's your opinion on the future of the EBC, since you seem to be knowledgeable about the league. If South and Minerva leave, as many are speculating, what do the remaining teams do? There really are no viable replacements for those two teams, and I think both Alliance and Marlington would struggle finding a league to take them due to the location...
I have no inside information but watching many games in different sports it’s a pretty competitive league - Alliance is out growing the rest of the league and the jury it will out in marlington.. but rest of the schools seem to be pretty even..

Seth Whiting has lost 1 game in weeks 8-10 in his time at alliance. I also have been to all of those games and have never noticed any roster changes in comparison to earlier in the year except for injuries. Additionally grades come out after the first nine weeks which if you are capable of doing the math would mean that a week 9 game would not be affect the “ make believe ineligible players” you speak of. At any rate I’m glad you play us this year, we’ll find out who the NBC champion would be if you didn’t get booted out of the league. And btw alliance did vote you out but their options were stay in the NBC aka be in a league with just Louisville or drop out and join the EBC. After your egotistical and moderately racist comment it’s not hard to see why they didn’t side with you. And if they are scared of you why would the Aviators schedule you again so quickly?
Exactly right! Whiting is an extremely good leader of these young kids and a very good football coach

I am not playing you this year. Don't even know you.
I had no idea Alliance knew who I was and decided to vote me out.
I never said Alliance was scared to play me, I don't play football anymore.
I am not from Louisville and only go their 2-3 times a year at most.
I have family in Alliance. I was at a track meet about 10 years ago to watch a friend run. Alliance had lost over 3/4 their team due to being expelled or suspended. Some expelled athletes were family friends and could have earned D1 scholarships. They never graduated. It does happen, and way more in Alliance then at Louisville.
I may be egotistical, but don't call me or my comments racist. I said nothing about race. My grandfather is black, I am mixed and most my cousins are black. Bringing that up says a lot about you.

My comments were formed when Louisville was in a league with Alliance and I had family on both sides of the ball. I have not followed much of Alliance since Whiting.
In 2013 Alliance was 6-4 but last their last two games
In 2014 Alliance was 5-5 but lost 3 of their last 4 games.
In 2015 Alliance lost almost all their games so it doesn't matter 2-8
In 2016 Alliance lost 2 of their lost 3 games.

Also, don't beat your chests too hard if you beat a 2-8 Leopard team this year. I hear they only have 7 seniors and only 3 played last year.

One could make a cogent argument that Demarco to NW is a better overall upgrade than Davis to Lville.

I am not playing you this year. Don't even know you.
I had no idea Alliance knew who I was and decided to vote me out.
I never said Alliance was scared to play me, I don't play football anymore.
I am not from Louisville and only go their 2-3 times a year at most.
I have family in Alliance. I was at a track meet about 10 years ago to watch a friend run. Alliance had lost over 3/4 their team due to being expelled or suspended. Some expelled athletes were family friends and could have earned D1 scholarships. They never graduated. It does happen, and way more in Alliance then at Louisville.
I may be egotistical, but don't call me or my comments racist. I said nothing about race. My grandfather is black, I am mixed and most my cousins are black. Bringing that up says a lot about you.
No you didn’t say anything about race but I’ve sat in the stands of too many Louisville-Alliance games and have heard plenty of comments that were. My point is you rarely hear someone bring up perceived academic and behavioral issues at schools that are nearly devoid of any form of diversity . Alliance High School does a great job in all areas and creates so many wonderful opportunities for their students that I hate when people bad mouth my hometown.

One could make a cogent argument that Demarco to NW is a better overall upgrade than Davis to Lville.
Louisville's problem this year is they lack experience and senior talent/depth. They also have a difficult schedule. They could go 5-5 or 0-10. Good luck coach Davis and his staff get after it!