Brush Preseason #1 in Cleveland?

I have read that studies conclude - rather convincingly, in fact - that tearing down an opponent in an online forum significantly increases one's probability of beating that team later in the season.

Big deal. If it is two high school teams suiting up against one another and you lose by 45 points that is a pretty telling stat to me. Brush plays in a conference and cannot control their schedule in that regard. As a result of Coach Mason's service with USA Basketball this past summer he has been able to acquire some pretty incredible contacts and has really challenged the team out of conference. We will see where it all ends up, but as of now Brush has not lost a game by 45 points this season.
You also haven't played a team near as good as that one. You've been dominated by eds and heights and beaten Lorain and a down kennedy. Big deal

Win a district before you run your trap . It's been nice sending you guys home over so many years

You also haven't played a team near as good as that one. You've been dominated by eds and heights and beaten Lorain and a down kennedy. Big deal

Win a district before you run your trap . It's been nice sending you guys home over so many years

Losing by 4 to Heights and a loss at St. Ed’s hardly constitutes a being dominated. I just don’t know how you can call yourself a top notch basketball program in the area and lose by 45. It is either sad for the area or delusional for the fam base. Either way, Coach Mason will continue to build his program.

Losing by 4 to Heights and a loss at St. Ed’s hardly constitutes a being dominated. I just don’t know how you can call yourself a top notch basketball program in the area and lose by 45. It is either sad for the area or delusional for the fam base. Either way, Coach Mason will continue to build his program.
I don't know how you can call yourself a top notch basketball program while never winning a district ..

If anyone wants an example of delusional fan , they can read the posts from you about a program that hasn't done squat

Eds dominated brush and the heights game was a comeback at the end. You haven't played much of a schedule outside of the teams you've lost to

Well, after taking abuse on here for the schedule that the Arcs play I come to notice that Mentor went ahead and actually scheduled as an independent game one of the teams that you Mentor folk were ragging on. Comical hypocrisy, but not surprising when you are reeling from a sub-par start to what was supposed to be a promising season. Good luck to the Cards this week as they try to keep pace.

Will Brush get out of the sectional?

It is unfair for you to block me on the VASJ thread and then come on here and attempting to disparage a man that served USA Basketball this summer. It’s not like he has had numerous players transfer from his program or has eradicated the entire program to its bare bones. Coach Mason is doing what some coaches around here cannot...

It is unfair for you to block me on the VASJ thread and then come on here and attempting to disparage a man that served USA Basketball this summer. It’s not like he has had numerous players transfer from his program or has eradicated the entire program to its bare bones. Coach Mason is doing what some coaches around here cannot...
I would not attempt to take away your 1st Amendment rights. I just wanted to know about Brush getting out of sectionals.

Well, after taking abuse on here for the schedule that the Arcs play I come to notice that Mentor went ahead and actually scheduled as an independent game one of the teams that you Mentor folk were ragging on. Comical hypocrisy, but not surprising when you are reeling from a sub-par start to what was supposed to be a promising season. Good luck to the Cards this week as they try to keep pace.
The schedule was done before the year started. Where do you get that they scheduled somebody after the season was started ?

You are either trolling to make brush fans look stupid or you are really this dumb. Not sure which is worse

Mentor always schedules one or two wrc teams. We have relationships with some schools. The north coach was a player under coach k. Riverside former coach was too

And with playing tournaments out of state and westside schools in conference, we need a few short trips

Just beat shaker hts so I'd say they are improving

St V lost to Trotwood-Madison by 39 points during the regular season in 2017. When they played again in the state semi finals St V won by 2. It’s about how you’re playing in March....not January
You beat me to the punch! Also, last year the Irish were throttled by Moeller early in the year, but went toe-to-toe with them in the D1 final. You play better teams to make you better. And many times taking a beating against a good team will do more to improve your squad than putting a thumping on an inferior opponent. A good coach can use that to refocus his team and to really evaluate the "amount of fight in the dog" of his players.

You beat me to the punch! Also, last year the Irish were throttled by Moeller early in the year, but went toe-to-toe with them in the D1 final. You play better teams to make you better. And many times taking a beating against a good team will do more to improve your squad than putting a thumping on an inferior opponent. A good coach can use that to refocus his team and to really evaluate the "amount of fight in the dog" of his players.
You guys love citing history when it suits your argument. I'd rather live in the present and right now the present is like a 5 or a 6 seed for Mentor. Here is a question for you guys: why is Coach Trivisonno not afraid to schedule teams like St. Ignatius and St. Ed's in the regular season but Coach Krizancic is? Mentor is more comfortable playing Lake Cathoic and VASJ?

You guys love citing history when it suits your argument. I'd rather live in the present and right now the present is like a 5 or a 6 seed for Mentor. Here is a question for you guys: why is Coach Trivisonno not afraid to schedule teams like St. Ignatius and St. Ed's in the regular season but Coach Krizancic is? Mentor is more comfortable playing Lake Cathoic and VASJ?
How does Brush do against Mentor ? Seems we are pretty prepared

You play in a cupcake conference. Hence you have to schedule up out of conference. Still schedule schools like john hay, Lutheran east and Kennedy Catholic though ...

In fact your only real competition are Lorain , heights and eds. You lost two of the ,3...

Mentor played in the Bristol tournament in Tennessee. They have teams like Medina Solon and shaker in conference. They have scheduled eds in the past. Lake Catholic is a local rivalry. Makes perfect sense. Played in the LEL for basketball for years. Scheduled Massillon Jackson recently for years

Worry about your own team winning the district once before you shoot your mouth off

How does Brush do against Mentor ? Seems we are pretty prepared

You play in a cupcake conference. Hence you have to schedule up out of conference. Still schedule schools like john hay, Lutheran east and Kennedy Catholic though ...

In fact your only real competition are Lorain , heights and eds. You lost two of the ,3...

Mentor played in the Bristol tournament in Tennessee. They have teams like Medina Solon and shaker in conference. They have scheduled eds in the past. Lake Catholic is a local rivalry. Makes perfect sense. Played in the LEL for basketball for years. Scheduled Massillon Jackson recently for years

Worry about your own team winning the district once before you shoot your mouth off
Right, but they don't play St. Ed's or St. Ignatius, why?

Because they only have 4 out of conference games available after conference play and the Bristol tournament. They've played plenty of tough teams They've played more games vs eds than brush and have scheduled both of those teams before

The mentor schedule this year is better than brushs schedule. And you had more chances to schedule up. You chose Kennedy Catholic , John hay and Lutheran east.

Brush and Mayfield had an invite to the GCC when it first formed. You guys turned it down for the wrc. Makes a lot of sense since your school for the most part sucks at sports and really only has boys basketball which can't even win a district title.

It takes a lot more guts to schedule teams like eds and Ignatius in football over basketball. In football only 8 per region make the playoffs. In basketball you can lose every game and make it ... Every team does ..

So you can save the schedule talk. We are obviously prepared to knock you guys out most of the time

Last edited:
I would like to offer Brush pre-congratulatory kudos for the upcoming sectional final appearance.
One does not simply congratulate Brush in general. You must directly and specifically congratulate the Brush coach because, as you may have heard, he helped coach some USA team over the summer, or something.

Last edited:
I have no idea why you view every comment as a shot at Brush. Brush got pounded by St. Edward. Does that mean that Brush is a weak team that has little to no chance in the post-season? Of course not! Just like Mentor's loss should not preclude them from a deep playoff run; no matter where they get seeded. I have seen WAY too many teams with glowing records get pounded in the post season once they step up in class in competition. Mentor's schedule will have them ready, as will Brush's schedule. It is true that Brush can't do anything about its league schedule, and they should be commended for building up its out of conference schedule. Playing the likes of St. Edward, VASJ and my Irish will prepare them for the playoffs far more than its league schedule. And a blow out loss, or a nail biter or a runaway victory against a good team is far better for the overall development of any team than a game against an opponent that doesn't have the talent to compete at the same level.

I have no idea why you view every comment as a shot at Brush. Brush got pounded by St. Edward. Does that mean that Brush is a weak team that has little to no chance in the post-season? Of course not! Just like Mentor's loss should not preclude them from a deep playoff run; no matter where they get seeded. I have seen WAY too many teams with glowing records get pounded in the post season once they step up in class in competition. Mentor's schedule will have them ready, as will Brush's schedule. It is true that Brush can't do anything about its league schedule, and they should be commended for building up its out of conference schedule. Playing the likes of St. Edward, VASJ and my Irish will prepare them for the playoffs far more than its league schedule. And a blow out loss, or a nail biter or a runaway victory against a good team is far better for the overall development of any team than a game against an opponent that doesn't have the talent to compete at the same level.
Before Coach K was hired at Mentor, they were ialso in the WRC & a cake non-league schedule, with a long history of losing records.,The first year Coach K was hired, they joined the LEL, playing the best in the area for many years, always with a winning record.. They then joined the GCC, again playing against some of the best teams in the area & are still in the league. I don’t think they dodge any team & are always ready come tournament time. Coach K has established the reputation amongst his peers, as one of the most competitive coaches, willing to compete with anyone. Unfortunately, due to their league & Holiday Tournament commitment, they are unable to schedule games against teams they would like to schedule. Their record over the year speaks for itself.

The first year Coach K was hired, they joined the LEL, playing the best in the area for many years, always with a winning record..
Coach K has established the reputation amongst his peers, as one of the most competitive coaches, willing to compete with anyone.
Their record over the year speaks for itself.
But did he coach for USA basketball?

But did he coach for USA basketball?
No, I guess that does not qualify him as a successful HS coach, based on his not assisting in coaching the USA HS basketball team. I guess his record of 650 or so wins & a couple of state championships are not enough to qualify him as an elite coach, compared to others in the area.

No, I guess that does not qualify him as a successful HS coach, based on his not assisting in coaching the USA HS basketball team. I guess his record of 650 or so wins & a couple of state championships are not enough to qualify him as an elite coach, compared to others in the area.
Just making sure (hoping) you sensed my sarcasm... :)

I did sense it. Just wanted to clarify what it takes to be considered an elite coach, the records speak for themselves.

There is a meeting at South Euclid City Hall, on Thursday, January 23rd. The subject matter is a parade for the Brush BB team for their upcoming sectional championship. All are welcome to attend in order to plan this festive occasion.

I did sense it. Just wanted to clarify what it takes to be considered an elite coach, the records speak for themselves.

Actually, at some places it is literally what have you done for me lately? Moeller is the prime example. Parents.

Lutheran East 67 Brush 61. Game was a sellout and I was turned away 15 min before the start of the JV game at 5:45