Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Yeah that had to be a troll comment. No way that guy was serious. I think he has two state titles? Three at most. No where near the success that plenty of other coaches in the state have had. Maybe the GOAT of Hardin County ??

Pete Brunow and Hardin Northern would disagree. He coached there from 84-2007 and had a TON of success.

216-55 all time, 39th on Ohio’s all time wins list - at one of the smallest schools in the state.

Pete Brunow and Hardin Northern would disagree. He coached there from 84-2007 and had a TON of success.

216-55 all time, 39th on Ohio’s all time wins list - at one of the smallest schools in the state.
How he won a state title with like 13 kids on the roster (exaggeration I know) was about as impressive as could be.

(I presume it was he at the helm when they won it?)

There was a time that not too many smaller schools in the anywhere wanted anything to do with Brunow and the Bears....tough as nails. Their fall from grace was as tough for that community to deal with as any you'll ever see.....can you imagine going from a state title contender/champs to dropping the program within a few years?

There was a time that not too many smaller schools in the anywhere wanted anything to do with Brunow and the Bears....tough as nails. Their fall from grace was as tough for that community to deal with as any you'll ever see.....can you imagine going from a state title contender/champs to dropping the program within a few years?

Truly just goes to show that with the right coach, who has the right mentality - any school can succeed at football. The players/athletes are at almost every school. Teaching them discipline and the skills to be successful football players and building a culture take a special leader.

Truly just goes to show that with the right coach, who has the right mentality - any school can succeed at football. The players/athletes are at almost every school. Teaching them discipline and the skills to be successful football players and building a culture take a special leader.
Totally agree. Look at WLS before Smith/McGill. 40 years of nothing and then dominant. Triad after Printz. Greenview before Kasner. Burg between Kasner/Forrest.
Tons of examples out there.

When you institute solid principles and follow through with those year-in and year-out, many other things fall in line...including taking average athletes and getting the most out of them and finding multiple positions for kids to play. And its especially important at smaller schools, where athletic ability certainly goes in cycles due to class sizes.

I heard Pintz, Conley, and Schroder were the main guys. A few others sprinkled in. Conley and Printz have to be the favorites. Schroder has done a nice job at Allen East.

Printz cited stepping down to spend time with his 90+ year old mother. I don't think he'd say that unless he was truly done (at least as the head coach). I would be shocked if he applied.

I don't know the other 2, where did Conley coach?

Printz cited stepping down to spend time with his 90+ year old mother. I don't think he'd say that unless he was truly done (at least as the head coach). I would be shocked if he applied.

I don't know the other 2, where did Conley coach?
The “Ville” Mville

I'm sure he could recruit them the same way he did at Kenton.
Bellefontaine already brings kids in from around the county already, but they absolutely could go to the 5 wide sets that Mauk's would prefer. There are plenty of athletes roaming around there.

What they would need is a QB whom could sling it. Also, there can be a rough patch in a drastic offensive change.

ST. Henry, in I think Todd Boeckman's SR season (maybe jr) tried to go away from their bread and butter of an 'I' team and institute the spread to play to the strengths of his passing ability and it didn't work out too well. I went to quite a few of their games and they just did not have the WR's to play that right away but I bet Bell could find enough guys to wreak havoc with an all out passing attack.

After watching Kenton for year's though, I would hope they wouldn't bring the 5 wide at all costs offense. A good defensive team can make the QB run around like a chicken with its head cut off and unless you have a super athlete like Ben or Maddy it doesn't end well a lot of the time.

Bellefontaine has plenty of athletes to play the 5 wide. but should they? it's going to take the right coach and an athletic quarterback

Bellefontaine has plenty of athletes to play the 5 wide. but should they? it's going to take the right coach and an athletic quarterback
Turner would be the right coach . He is the only coach left at Kenton that fully understands Mauks offense. They have a pretty athletic quarterback , who played some wide receiver half way through the season .

Turner would be the right coach . He is the only coach left at Kenton that fully understands Mauks offense. They have a pretty athletic quarterback , who played some wide receiver half way through the season .
i’m not saying bellefontaine should run the 5 out, but they need to be a spread team for sure.

I have to agree that I like Turner a bit more. Both candidates are true up and comers. But with what Bellefontaine has coming up, I think an offensive minded guy fits the bill best. Bellefontaine has better athletes than Kenton (and I’m not being rude to Kenton). If they can implement and master a Kenton style offense....look out.