CHL 2019-2020

Actually, Taylor did play Deer park Elite pretty tough for most of the game so they should get credit for that, maybe they can hang with Indian Hill? My question is why are you so sensitive about any comment about Taylor? All I said is that IH will be a wake up call. As I have said before, I have nothing against Taylor. They are a good, well coached team.
Why can't people be impressed with Taylor's improvements without you accusing them of a "love fest"? For some reason you feel compelled to make more out of their comments than they intended. They don't need a "wake up call" because they don't think they are anything more than a competitive team.

Last edited:
Wyoming/Finneytown could be interesting as Prater is currently in San Antonio practicing for the US Army All-American bowl on Saturday.

Gotta give Taylor credit, I didn’t think they could make it a close game vs Indian Hill but they played really well. Praters absence vs Finneytown definitely helped the Wildcats and it sure looks like Gentry didn’t hold back vs Madeira.

Isaiah Walker making a case to be the best player in the league. Scored 40 points against Finneytown, 26 points against Purcell Marian and shot 61% doing it. He did it in two close games as well.

Isaiah Walker making a case to be the best player in the league. Scored 40 points against Finneytown, 26 points against Purcell Marian and shot 61% doing it. He did it in two close games as well.

Walker is definitely shaping up to be the league's best college prospect in some time. It'll be interesting to see how his recruiting jumps off over the next year.

Speaking of CHL alum playing at the next level, Lonnie Grayson is averaging 11, 4, and 3 in just under 30 minutes/game for Army this season. He contributed 21, 8, and 7 in the team's biggest win of the season so far @buffalo a few weeks ago.

All rumors about Madeira’s coach being in the hot seat are ridiculous. They’re having a down year and have young talent. They have been CHL competitors for the last few years and lost in OT to DP in the playoffs the year they won state. The Madeira coach is amongst the best, if not the best in the CHL. He doesn’t take crap from parents or adjust his coaching style to appease people, he knows what he’s doing and gets the best out of players. Some other league coaches don’t know what that is like...

It’s nice to see home talent and good coaching lead to success, like what Madeira has done for years and what Taylor is doing now. Some schools have the home talent and not the coaching, and other schools have outside talent and the coaching/recruiting.

Didn't realize there were hot seat rumors at Madeira? That would be terrible. Pretty sure he's a grad and also a teacher there. Their roster has Madeira kids and not move ins. Good for them, he's not going anywhere.

All rumors about Madeira’s coach being in the hot seat are ridiculous. They’re having a down year and have young talent. They have been CHL competitors for the last few years and lost in OT to DP in the playoffs the year they won state. The Madeira coach is amongst the best, if not the best in the CHL. He doesn’t take crap from parents or adjust his coaching style to appease people, he knows what he’s doing and gets the best out of players. Some other league coaches don’t know what that is like...
Not True they lost by 10 to DP in the tournament in regulation.

For my money, Holland at Taylor is the best coach in the league. Not just because of this year but how he is building that program. I think Stidham at Reading is there as well. He has nothing this year but with that new school and open enrollment, I could see Reading becoming very tough. I think Caldwell at Mariemont is on thin ice...not much talent there and grumbling parents. I like Tim Burch but IH has underperformed for years. He gets real talent and size consistently but rarely gets great results. That could be a parent issue up there but I can't say. Rooks at Wyoming looks like a great coach but he is loaded with talent. Be interesting to see what happens next year with Walker being the only stud coming back.
Taylor has some great underclassmen right now playing up on Varsity.

Danny Austing is avg'ing 18 a game and is only a sophmore
zieverink is a junior avg'ing 10
Hilvert is sophmore avg'ing 8 (hilvert had a HUGE game vs IH think he scored 24)

Taylor is going to compete for a CHL title next year with DP Elite losing their recruits, no Prater for Wyoming, IH loses two starters also. I haven't gotten to see Taylor play, but if their young talent is performing at this level now, they are gonna be tough the next two years.

Taylor is going to compete for a CHL title next year with DP Elite losing their recruits, no Prater for Wyoming, IH loses two starters also. I haven't gotten to see Taylor play, but if their young talent is performing at this level now, they are gonna be tough the next two years.
I just went on chl website a lot if there players are juniors outside of wise an Gentry but I agree it will be up for grabs...

I just went on chl website a lot if there players are juniors outside of wise an Gentry but I agree it will be up for grabs...

Impossible to predict what Deer Park Elite will have from year to year, could be a whole new crew next year. And to those that support Gentry and say that he is building a program, why don't they even have enough players to have a freshman team? Their Jr High teams are also a disaster. This may be his last year, or he may stay another 20 years, but if he does leave soon that program will be a disaster.

Last edited:
Walker is definitely shaping up to be the league's best college prospect in some time. It'll be interesting to see how his recruiting jumps off over the next year.

Speaking of CHL alum playing at the next level, Lonnie Grayson is averaging 11, 4, and 3 in just under 30 minutes/game for Army this season. He contributed 21, 8, and 7 in the team's biggest win of the season so far @buffalo a few weeks ago.

We've now got former CHL (not alum, alas) at the next next level too. There was some skepticism on this board in past years over whether he'd make it, but Darius Bazley's a regular rotation piece for an NBA team that's currently in a playoff position, and getting occasional starts.