• 2014 Luke Kennard (Franklin)

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 2013 Marc Loving (St. John's Jesuit)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2012 Justin Fritts (Mentor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2011 Trey Burke (Columbus Northland)

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 2010 Jared Sullinger (Columbus Northland)

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
AP Mr. Basketball
2019 Samari Curtis (Xenia)
2018 Dane Goodwin (Upper Arlington)
2017 Kaleb Wesson (Westerville South)
2016 Zavier Simpson (Lima Senior)
2015 Luke Kennard (Franklin)
2014 Luke Kennard (Franklin)
2013 Marc Loving (St. John's Jesuit)
2012 Justin Fritts (Mentor)
2011 Trey Burke (Columbus Northland)
2010 Jared Sullinger (Columbus Northland)

Sullinger and Wesson were State Champs the year they won it, correct? Simpson lost in the Finals and Burke was an underclassman when Northland won it. Didn't Simpson play on the LCC team that won the title?

Sullinger and Wesson were State Champs the year they won it, correct? Simpson lost in the Finals and Burke was an underclassman when Northland won it. Didn't Simpson play on the LCC team that won the title?
Sullinger (and Northland) were beat in the Elite 8 by Gahanna in 2010. Massillon Jackson beat Moeller in the finals that year.

Debate: Not questioning Kennard's career and I am a fan of his. The level of competition he played was not the same as Sullinger, Wesson, and Simpson. Kennard was dominant but so were the above three vs better competition.

Debate: Not questioning Kennard's career and I am a fan of his. The level of competition he played was not the same as Sullinger, Wesson, and Simpson. Kennard was dominant but so were the above three vs better competition.

You say that without attempt at justification so not much to debate but lets go with that supposition.

Perhaps the level of talent on his team wasn't the same as theirs either. You seriously don't think he'd have had just as studded a career playing on their teams? I think maybe there is plenty to take away regards that possible scenario from the post HS result. ;)

eastisbest, ok, I saw all of them 2-5 times in HS. The talent level of Sullinger, Wesson, and Simpson's teammates exceeded Kennard's, you are correct. If Kennard played at the level the others did he absolutely would have had a great career and maybe won Mr. Basketball. The topic is who was the best, level of competition is a factor with the #'s a player puts up. I imagine Sullinger would have put up better #'s if he played at Franklin?? Is that enough justification?:)I invited debate, so thanks, a few others just say Kennard, without justification. ;)

I would agree if Luke played with better competition his number would have been down but still would have won Mr. Basketball. His senior season he played 7 games with equal or better competition (Mullins SC=52, Lakewood St. Ed's=39, Hough NC=39, Bishop Gorman=17, Montose Christian=47, Ponitz=42 and Dunbar=41) that's an average of just under 40 a game. I think that's pretty dominate