2019 Bengals

Dalton has one more year on his deal, although the Bengals can cut him with no cap penalties. I expect the Bengals to keep him for that year, as the Bengals love those compensatory picks.

RIP to Joe Burrow's pro football career...for his sake I hope he gets to sit until at least the trade deadline, if not the whole season. Let Andrew get beat up for another year as they rebuild their garbage offensive line and run Mixon heavily.

....and a perfect bridge QB in Dalton. Draft Burrow, start Dalton until the trading deadline, then move Dalton to a contender with an injured QB and go forward with Burrow who's had 8 weeks to watch.
I’d be more inclined to shop Dalton immediately for O-line components. That way the line plays together that much longer, and is ready for 2021. Or for the defensive position of greatest need not easily addressed in the draft. It isn’t as if Mike Brown can be expected to sign FAs.

A good journeyman backup is all they need. Burrow’s head is ready now.

Last edited:
I would go so far as to say let him sit the entire rookie season like Palmer did. Continue to build the roster and let Burrow learn from the sidelines. Does Dalton have another year on his deal?
Tanking then ?

I disagree. A QB rookie contract is too valuable. He’s ready enough.

I know I am in the minority but would like to see the Bengals trade their no. 1 pick to the fish for the Dolphins top 2 picks. Take Young, a tackle or lb with the 1st pick and Tua with the Dolphins 2nd 1st rd. pick. Burrow could sit behind Fitzpatrick while Tua continues to heal while sitting behind Dalton.

I know I am in the minority but would like to see the Bengals trade their no. 1 pick to the fish for the Dolphins top 2 picks. Take Young, a tackle or lb with the 1st pick and Tua with the Dolphins 2nd 1st rd. pick. Burrow could sit behind Fitzpatrick while Tua continues to heal while sitting behind Dalton.
No.
This is a QB centric league. You get the #1 pick and if there is a very good QB out there you have to take him. Bengals are in no position to take a chance on an injured QB.

Bengals have to take Burrow.

I say take burrow and start him day 1. I would expect them to look to deal Dalton if they can swing a 3rd rd pick at least.

That's a good way to end his career before it even starts.

Play Andy this upcoming season. Continue to build through the draft this year and again next year after another inevitable season. 2021 is looking more like the time to start winning again.

Don’t be so dramatic. Why would it end his career? There’s no reason the OL can’t improve with last years first rd pick back at lt and additions via this draft and fa.

No.
This is a QB centric league. You get the #1 pick and if there is a very good QB out there you have to take him. Bengals are in no position to take a chance on an injured QB.

Bengals have to take Burrow.
Did the 49ers draft a QB ? IMO they did it the right way. Where was Brady or Brees drafted ? Rogers was a late 1st rd. pick . Very few QB's selected as the no. 1 pick, ever become " stud " QB's. Bengals won't do this but IMO trade the no.1 pick keep building the team both Fields and Lawrence are available next season. Their were many people who mocked Baltimore for drafting Jackson including some called experts but the Ravens had a very good team around him, Burrow or any QB selected by Cincy or Miami will not have that and will be set up for failure if their expected to start right out of the box.

Actually, if the Bengals can cobble together a decent OL, Burrow should have plenty of weapons around him.
Other than Mixon who ? AJ Green, he may not even be on the team next season. This is a team that won a whopping 2 games in a league that prides itself on parity. Miami who tried to tank from the beginning of the season won 5 games, the Bengals have very little talent and most important an even worse front office. The worse thing they can do is expect a rookie QB to come in and make them respectable in a couple of years more likely result is that QB will be out of the league in several years. Remember Akili Smith another no miss prospect or David Klingler or Jack Thompson, Carson Palmer is the only QB that the Bengals drafted in the 1st rd. that went on to have any success and he sat his 1st year.

Other than Mixon who ? AJ Green, he may not even be on the team next season. This is a team that won a whopping 2 games in a league that prides itself on parity. Miami who tried to tank from the beginning of the season won 5 games, the Bengals have very little talent and most important an even worse front office. The worse thing they can do is expect a rookie QB to come in and make them respectable in a couple of years more likely result is that QB will be out of the league in several years. Remember Akili Smith another no miss prospect or David Klingler or Jack Thompson, Carson Palmer is the only QB that the Bengals drafted in the 1st rd. that went on to have any success and he sat his 1st year.
So because Palmer sat, the only way Burrow can succeed is to sit? That’s dumb.

So because Palmer sat, the only way Burrow can succeed is to sit? That’s dumb.
I never said that but when Palmer started early in his career he had a lot more talent around him than what the Bengals posses now. Build the team 1st than get a QB otherwise you are just setting the QB up for failure. How many QB's have the Browns and Bengals ruined before people get the picture. Some of these QB's had talent, it was just that they were on awful teams and awful organizations.

They actually have a lot of talent, especially if Green returns. Definitely more than Kitna and Palmer had.
Palmers 1st year starting at QB he had Eric Steinbach and Willie Anderson on the line both better than anyone the Bengals had on the line this season and he had TJ Houshmanzada ( sp ) and Chad Johnson to throw to . Plus Rudi Johnson at rb. I like AJ Green a lot but he is getting old and he is injury prone plus the Bengals may not even resign him next season. Other than Mixon and Boyd ( Green did not play all season ) no one else on this years Bengals team is going to start on that 04 (1st year Palmer started ) team offensively period.

Palmers 1st year starting at QB he had Eric Steinbach and Willie Anderson on the line both better than anyone the Bengals had on the line this season and he had TJ Houshmanzada ( sp ) and Chad Johnson to throw to . Plus Rudi Johnson at rb. I like AJ Green a lot but he is getting old and he is injury prone plus the Bengals may not even resign him next season. Other than Mixon and Boyd ( Green did not play all season ) no one else on this years Bengals team is going to start on that 04 (1st year Palmer started ) team offensively period.
Green > Johnson
Boyd and TJ are a push
Mixon >> Johnson
As I said, they get a first rd tackle back next year and there is no reason they can’t upgrade other positions on that line.

I see no reason he can’t start if a line can be put together to protect him.

RIP to Joe Burrow's pro football career...for his sake I hope he gets to sit until at least the trade deadline, if not the whole season. Let Andrew get beat up for another year as they rebuild their garbage offensive line and run Mixon heavily.
I dont think so.
The Bengals are not that far removed from a very solid run of playoff seasons, something Browns fans could only dream of.

Now...winning those postseason games proved difficult////

2002, Bengals finished 2-14; with the first pick in the draft in 2003, they picked Carson Palmer

Did the 49ers draft a QB ? IMO they did it the right way. Where was Brady or Brees drafted ? Rogers was a late 1st rd. pick . Very few QB's selected as the no. 1 pick, ever become " stud " QB's. Bengals won't do this but IMO trade the no.1 pick keep building the team both Fields and Lawrence are available next season. Their were many people who mocked Baltimore for drafting Jackson including some called experts but the Ravens had a very good team around him, Burrow or any QB selected by Cincy or Miami will not have that and will be set up for failure if their expected to start right out of the box.

^ this 100%