OHC 19-20

Greeneview seems to be playing well.

I'd expect WLS to win the north.

Greenon has a new coach, with some good young talent. Thoughts?

And Cedarville takes the early lead...no way Greenon keeps up with these two experienced teams especially with a new coach

Two big wins for Catholic Central the past few days (Lehman Catholic and Southeastern).
Too bad previous coach left when the well was dry lol big mistake he made cause these young pups can play. Guess he was too scared to actually coach

Assistant at Witt. If you are a small school it is hard to hold a good coach for 4 years. Shawnee has been lucky in that regard. Central once did well keeping Russ Guenther and Micky Hannon for long periods. The Irish have been lucky to keep soccer coach SHANE LATHAM this long. But for a good coach the attraction of more money and tougher completion is hard to turn down.

Greenon is very young this year, i expected them to compete but they really could not keep up with Cedarville tonight. they played Greeneview tough last week but the inexperience showed in the 4th quarter. next year should be a very good year for them. Cedarville is legit, should make a nice tournament run in D4 until they see the MAC. Greeneview is capable as well. i didn’t think Central would be as good as they’ve been playing- impressive.

Assistant at Witt. If you are a small school it is hard to hold a good coach for 4 years. Shawnee has been lucky in that regard. Central once did well keeping Russ Guenther and Micky Hannon for long periods. The Irish have been lucky to keep soccer coach SHANE LATHAM this long. But for a good coach the attraction of more money and tougher completion is hard to turn down.
I don’t think the coach moved on for more money as a volunteer assistant does not get paid. Ambition to become a college coach and possibly losing that senior class persuaded him

I don’t think the coach moved on for more money as a volunteer assistant does not get paid. Ambition to become a college coach and possibly losing that senior class persuaded him

Do you think he went to Wittenberg to make his resume look better for potentially a better high school coaching job in the near future? Especially if he's a volunteer?

Saw WLS play Fairlawn Saturday night. A ton of athleticism on the team, maybe more-so than I've ever seen from a WLS team. 8 seniors on the team, and their top Junior hasn't played yet. Will be interested to see how they do against West Jeff next Monday.

Saw WLS play Fairlawn Saturday night. A ton of athleticism on the team, maybe more-so than I've ever seen from a WLS team. 8 seniors on the team, and their top Junior hasn't played yet. Will be interested to see how they do against West Jeff next Monday.
WLS is on a roll to start the season and would not be surprised if they finished undefeated. That senior class is strong

Cedarville, WLS, Fairbanks and Greeneview seem like the front runners for the conference so far. Can Cedarville make it to district's this year? They will face some tough matchups with ECA, Newton, Twin Valley South?

Cedarville, WLS, Fairbanks and Greeneview seem like the front runners for the conference so far. Can Cedarville make it to district's this year? They will face some tough matchups with ECA, Newton, Twin Valley South?
cedarville was very good when i saw them, i think they’d beat ECA for sure

greenon pulls off a nice win over west liberty 69-60! was impressive after some disappointing losses

on another note, how did Southeastern knock off West Jeff tonight? the same West Jeff team that went up to West Lib and handled them?

on another note, how did Southeastern knock off West Jeff tonight? the same West Jeff team that went up to West Lib and handled them?

You're doing a good job of showing that you don't know how college athletic budgets work.

I didn’t know volunteer coaches made that much money. How much do they make Don Juan? I greatly appreciate the information

Each school's athletic department will outline each sport's budget and designate the number of positions to be paid from that budget. More positions can be added, but they just aren't paid directly from the athletic budget. They can be paid from camps (which Wittenberg has a big one), fundraising, or other sources. Wittenberg basketball, for example, has an endowment to be used "at the full discretion of the head coach."

Obviously, this would be discussed before anyone is hired, but my hunch is that Witt's two Volunteer Assistants are receiving different compensation and have much different roles.

Each school's athletic department will outline each sport's budget and designate the number of positions to be paid from that budget. More positions can be added, but they just aren't paid directly from the athletic budget. They can be paid from camps (which Wittenberg has a big one), fundraising, or other sources. Wittenberg basketball, for example, has an endowment to be used "at the full discretion of the head coach."

Obviously, this would be discussed before anyone is hired, but my hunch is that Witt's two Volunteer Assistants are receiving different compensation and have much different roles.

Do we know if he's wanting to stay in college or is he just building his resume?

Interesting move if it was to build his resume. Last guy in similar role who went back to HS is now the coach at Lehman which would seem taking a step back for this guy as he was at Central who is competing well for a young group not to mention beat Lehman.

Interesting move if it was to build his resume. Last guy in similar role who went back to HS is now the coach at Lehman which would seem taking a step back for this guy as he was at Central who is competing well for a young group not to mention beat Lehman.

maybe a d1 job?