2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

Ok, I think we've beaten the MT 'is he or isn't he' upside the head for awhile. How about the upcoming game
I think the Steelers and the bills are mirror images. Tough D, pedestrian O. Both somewhat surprisingly in playoff contention. I think the switch to 8pm start will put the Steelers over the top. They do well primetime at home. No prediction on scores, but I'd take the under, whatever it is
I agree as well. Steelers record in prime time is impressive. 20-17 sounds good.

It was pooh-flinging, but please continue your desperate attempts to troll. It's hilarious

so coming back with "you're a moron" or "you're a troll" isn't considered "pooh-flinging"? c'mon, man. you know what you said. you used the statement "Brown is the only person that this team lost from last season" as your reason why the offense should still be so great this year.

it's simply NOT TRUE and if you can't see past that in your assessment of Tomlin's coaching abilities, then as i said, there is no reason to debate because you're simply being irrational and delusional.

He’s already made his position that Tomlin is incompetent and should be fired, so he’s going to make excuse after excuse for any evidence to the contrary. It’s his hill and he’s going to die on it.

I don't really care what a pack of idiots thinks

Clearly you do care, because you respond in minutes. Just come out and say it: You hate Tomlin, for whatever reason or some past mistakes. It burns you up that he is in the discussion for coach of the year, and you make ridiculous statements to try to discredit him. The truth will set you free and make you feel better.

NOTE: In my earlier post, I mentioned the losses of Ben, AB, Leveon, Juju, and Conner. I forgot the big loss of Shazier, a great player. My mistake. And your claim is that he has a great roster and hasn't lost much. He has maybe the 30th best QB in the league now, and a bunch of lunch pail guys at RB and WR. 8-5 is an amazing record.

I respond when I’m online. It just so happened I was online then. Like now. Responding quickly doesn’t mean I care.

I don’t hate Tomlin, I just don’t think being a big hype man or emotional guy on the sidelines makes a great head coach. He’s basically this generation’s Mike Ditka.

The offense has a lot of talent. A great OL that has underperformed all season is the biggest reason for it being a basement unit. Not missing JuJu for a couple weeks. Not missing Conner, who isn’t even that good. Not Ben being hurt, because even when Ben was in their the OL sucked and they couldn’t move the ball. Having to use Rudolph just made a poorly coached offense perform even worse. Duck is surprisingly good, I don’t care if he wasn’t drafted or came into the season as the 4th string. That’s not an indication of his actual talent right now.

Point being: the offense should be better than 28th. That’s lower than the likes of Denver, NYG, Arizona, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati. There’s no excuse for that. None.

Last edited:
Clearly you do care, because you respond in minutes. Just come out and say it: You hate Tomlin, for whatever reason or some past mistakes. It burns you up that he is in the discussion for coach of the year, and you make ridiculous statements to try to discredit him. The truth will set you free and make you feel better.

NOTE: In my earlier post, I mentioned the losses of Ben, AB, Leveon, Juju, and Conner. I forgot the big loss of Shazier, a great player. My mistake. And your claim is that he has a great roster and hasn't lost much. He has maybe the 30th best QB in the league now, and a bunch of lunch pail guys at RB and WR. 8-5 is an amazing record.
Welcome to the pack of idiots. ;)

I respond when I’m online. It just so happened I was online then. Like now. Responding quickly doesn’t mean I care.

I don’t hate Tomlin, I just don’t think being a big hype man or emotional guy on the sidelines makes a great head coach. He’s basically this generation’s Mike Ditka.

The offense has a lot of talent. A great OL that has underperformed all season is the biggest reason for it being a basement unit. Not missing JuJu for a couple weeks. Not missing Conner, who isn’t even that good. Not Ben being hurt, because even when Ben was in their the OL sucked and they couldn’t move the ball. Having to use Rudolph just made a poorly coached offense perform even worse. Duck is surprisingly good, I don’t care if he wasn’t drafted or came into the season as the 4th string. That’s not an indication of his actual talent right now.

Point being: the offense should be better than 28th. That’s lower than the likes of Denver, NYG, Arizona, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati. There’s no excuse for that. None.

minus Cinci - EVERY single one of those teams has a better QB/skills players than the Steelers do.

Denver - Flacco/Lock (and i'll just say Lock because in 2 or 3 games he's shown he's clearly better than Duck)
Lindsay/Freeman are better than all the Steelers RB's
Sutton/Fant - better than any WR/TE Combo you put together for the Steelers
Giants - Jones/Eli - better
Saquon - ummmmm, of course
Slayton/Shepard/Tate/Engram - all better
Arizona - Murray - he's pretty good. maybe a wash but he's shown way more flashes of being great than Duck has
DJ/Edmonds/Drake - all better than any Steelers RB
Kirk/Fitz (can't name TE off hand so maybe that's a wash) - Fitz may be a vet but they're still better
Buffalo - Allen - better
Singletary/Gore - better
Brown/Beasley (don't know TE) - better
Jax - Minshew (still better than Duck)
Fournette - not even close
Chark/Westbrook (don't know TE off hand) - still better than our WR's
Indy - Brissett - better
Mack - better
Hilton/Pascal/Doyle/Ebron - they are better

That's it.

So WHY should our offense be WAY ahead of all these teams again? because our talent level is SO MUCH BETTER than all these teams on offense?

it just isn't.

Juju/DJ/Washington/McDonald/(Conner/Samuels/Whyte/Snell) + OL is a better group than any of those teams. And I think you're overselling a lot of those players and underselling Duck - he's not asked to do a whole lot but he makes a lot of really nice throws and reads the defense well. We'll see how he progresses.

The biggest problem has been the OL, which hasn't performed well at all in most games. Secondly, they've been plagued by poor play-calling.

Based on talent, the offense should be in the middle of the league, not nearly last. In capable hands (not Fichtner's), that would be the reality.

Its a QB driven league. Rudolph and Duck are way way way below average. As for the assessment of the other "bad" offenses, I mostly agree with bballer's assessment above.

8-5 is remarkable.

Juju/DJ/Washington/McDonald/(Conner/Samuels/Whyte/Snell) + OL is a better group than any of those teams. And I think you're overselling a lot of those players and underselling Duck - he's not asked to do a whole lot but he makes a lot of really nice throws and reads the defense well. We'll see how he progresses.

The biggest problem has been the OL, which hasn't performed well at all in most games. Secondly, they've been plagued by poor play-calling.

Based on talent, the offense should be in the middle of the league, not nearly last. In capable hands (not Fichtner's), that would be the reality.
The thing is, none of the above is fact, it’s your opinion based on you biased opinion of Tomlin’s coaching ability. That Tomlin has somehow gritted out an 8-5 record with a short handed roster actually is a fact. Sorry.

Last edited:
It’s more fact than shallow blanket statements like “short-handed roster”, which is actually the opposite of the case. The team is filled with Pro Bowlers on both sides of the ball.

It’s more fact than shallow blanket statements like “short-handed roster”, which is actually the opposite of the case. The team is filled with Pro Bowlers on both sides of the ball.
It’s a demonstrable fact they are playing short handed at several key positions already pointed out.

One position, and a good coaching staff would be able to take what they do have and maintain a competitive, a middle-of-the-road offense. It hasn’t. And the evidence shows that even with Roethlisberger, the offense was going to struggle this season. Thus, my complaints about the coaching staff being inadequate.

Ok- the receivers. Juju has missed a lot of time. DJ is a mid round rookie from Toledo. Is that what you're hanging your hat on?
The RBs. Whyte is a practice squad guy and the other 3 have missed considerable time.
Say what you will about Duck, but he is a 3rd string free agent FCS player. He's doing what is asked of him, but they're not asking him to throw 35-40 times a game.
The OL and the skilled offensive players have a synergistic relationship. One makes the other better. Or worse. Do you think it's a coincidence that their play went down without All Pros like Ben, Bell and Brown?
But I, nor anyone else on this board will change your mind. Not even a deep playoff run by this team

Ok- the receivers. Juju has missed a lot of time. DJ is a mid round rookie from Toledo. Is that what you're hanging your hat on?
The RBs. Whyte is a practice squad guy and the other 3 have missed considerable time.
Say what you will about Duck, but he is a 3rd string free agent FCS player. He's doing what is asked of him, but they're not asking him to throw 35-40 times a game.
The OL and the skilled offensive players have a synergistic relationship. One makes the other better. Or worse. Do you think it's a coincidence that their play went down without All Pros like Ben, Bell and Brown?
But I, nor anyone else on this board will change your mind. Not even a deep playoff run by this team

None of that matters one iota. Draft position, whether they were drafted, practice squad, waiver wire acquisition...none of it. It doesn't say anything about how they fit in the team nor their ability right now.

- JuJu has missed three games, and yet the offensive scheme is so bad you can't even really tell he's not there.
- DJ is a very good WR, another WR steal feather-in-the-cap for the Steelers draft-wise - I give Tomlin credit for apparently having an extraordinary eye for WRs.
- Practice squad, shmactice squad; Whyte looks like a quality find. Very, very fast and elusive. He's undersized, so he can't be an every down back, but I think he adds much-needed speed to the backfield.
- Duck has a solid arm, good accuracy, and poise. He reads defenses well, and displays great leadership ability. I'm not saying he's a great quarterback, but devaluing him because he came from FCS or wasn't drafted is ignorant in the literal sense: you're ignoring how he's actually performing while referencing pre-draft measurements that are completely irrelevant to the now.
- The OL is full of All-Pros, yet can't seem to open up a running lane to save their lives. And the QB is frequently having to make quick reads due to pressure. That's not good blocking, and it has nothing at all to do with the skill position players. I thought losing Munchak would hurt, but I didn't expect the line to go from league best to a complete mess.

You can change my mind, but I'm not going to buy into apologetics. Sorry.

Last edited:
Lol, crusaders reminds me of everyone in Cincinnati who fell in love with AJ Macarron over Dalton or those that overvalued every try hard baseball player in the city after Pete Rose. Talent matters, the Steelers lack a lot of it on offense, but Tomlin still grinds out wins.

Crusader is the textbook example of partisan politics.

Steelers could go 19-0 and would give MT zero credit, but would give him full blame of one bad personnel or play call decision.

Wrong. I’ve given credit to a Tomlin for keeping the team up after losing Ben and starting 0-3. And I’ve given him credit for being able to draft quality WRs at an incredible rate. I don’t hate Tomlin. Unlike many others, I just don’t give him undue praise. To conclude Tomlin is responsible for this team being 8-5, you have to ignore literally every detail that says otherwise. I just don’t buy into the hype, and I’ve given my reasons.

Wrong. I’ve given credit to a Tomlin for keeping the team up after losing Ben and starting 0-3. And I’ve given him credit for being able to draft quality WRs at an incredible rate. I don’t hate Tomlin. Unlike many others, I just don’t give him undue praise. To conclude Tomlin is responsible for this team being 8-5, you have to ignore literally every detail that says otherwise. I just don’t buy into the hype, and I’ve given my reasons.
Wrong. You only give him patronizing support. I mean you called him a hype man. Lol.

If the Stillers make the playoffs and win one, Tomlin is a solid second to Harbaugh for CoY, and ‘saders is a lock for a meltdown

Can an asst be the CoY? The ratbirds OC totally revamped and recreated his offense to feature this skills.

Greg Roman got the Kaep-niners to the SB, and then the league adjusted to them. He's doing similar work here, and Jackson is a step faster than Kaep ever was - maybe fast enough to negate adjustments - but it will be interesting to see what the league does with him next year.

Lamar's passing accuracy is now so much better than his Combine air mails that I sometimes wonder if he sand-bagged the Combine throwing portion. If he had a closed workout with the Ravens pre-draft, it may explain a lot.....

Probably better for the league than another Eli-styled f__ you San Diego episode.

Glad I decided to not go to this Trainwreck. Pitt ia not playoff caliber
You're right. They aren't playoff caliber, but they make sneak in at #6. Tennessee has the Saints and Texans again. Then we will get the pleasure of going to either Kansas City or New England