Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

what div are they? so the cats will be playing just 4 home games and 6 away games next year...…… I hope the Cats got some money from Covington for getting out of a agreement....... is there a site to see who has open dates next year on their schedule?
DIII
They finished 1-9 this season.

Reality. They are not ready for a upper tier MAC team. Had a nice conversation this week with an AD of one of the new conference schools and the difficulty they are having with scheduling. CCC teams do not want to schedule them as OOC games, they may be stuck with going south to play schools Dixie or Preble Shawnee abandoned. Covington does not want to be left with a 90% chance of a 0-2 start once they start playing a schedule where they may only go 4-3 in conference play. They want the OOC games to be winnable or at least a 50/50 chance of it.
which is smart....

I will die on the hill saying that the 2019 FR team was the 2019 Cleveland Browns of the MAC. And to say there wasn't high hopes amongst the Fort Recovery community is not true at all.

Go back in the archives of the sports show they do every Wednesday (if I remember right). Coach Niekamp mentioned the high expectations in the first show of the season.

Yes, the Indians class of 2021 went undefeated in middle school and their even their freshman team, but if the other grades don't produce complimentary athletes in key positions...
giphy.gif

I will die on the hill saying that the 2019 FR team was the 2019 Cleveland Browns of the MAC. And to say there wasn't high hopes amongst the Fort Recovery community is not true at all.

Go back in the archives of the sports show they do every Wednesday (if I remember right). Coach Niekamp mentioned the high expectations in the first show of the season.

Yes, the Indians class of 2021 went undefeated in middle school and their even their freshman team, but if the other grades don't produce complimentary athletes in key positions...
giphy.gif
Nah. FR missed the playoffs. The Browns will make the playoffs with a fantastic finish

Reality. They are not ready for a upper tier MAC team. Had a nice conversation this week with an AD of one of the new conference schools and the difficulty they are having with scheduling. CCC teams do not want to schedule them as OOC games, they may be stuck with going south to play schools Dixie or Preble Shawnee abandoned. Covington does not want to be left with a 90% chance of a 0-2 start once they start playing a schedule where they may only go 4-3 in conference play. They want the OOC games to be winnable or at least a 50/50 chance of it.
but the BUCCS cancelled next years game with Minster, the CCC league is STILL a league next year...….

but the BUCCS cancelled next years game with Minster, the CCC league is STILL a league next year...….
Correct. They orginally scheduled the MAC games hoping to get valuable stretching of the program and felt going 1-1 or even 0-2 in out of conference play would not hurt them much when they had teams like Bethel, TCN and TVS to play who were going to be 5-5 on the season and the could secure good second level points from relatively sure wins over those programs. In the CCC the Buccs seldom lose more than 2 of their 8 games (Ft Loramie and Miami East key opponents). So one OOC win makes the 7-3 or 8-2 on the year, almost a sure thing for the playoffs. That will change rather drastically in the new league as they will be pushed by MU and ME, but the rest of the field will be much better on average than 5-5 CCC teams while the records may be worse.
I'm sure Covington was disippointed this year with the computer points they got from OOC games, going 1-1 and getting virtually nothing in second level from the team they did beat.
As for this year while still in CCC, perhaps they just felt an opportunity was here now that may not be next year.

giphy.gif

Many times at FR games, I thought I was watching the Browns......... :ROFLMAO:

So-next year right?!

Good move by Marion Local dropping Woodlan. They really have underachieved the last 2 years. They were much better from 15 to 17. Too bad the SAC (Ft Wayne) only plays themselves due to 10 conference members & 9 week regular season. Snider and Bishop Dwenger vs Marion Local & Coldwater would be interesting.

Good move by Marion Local dropping Woodlan. They really have underachieved the last 2 years. They were much better from 15 to 17. Too bad the SAC (Ft Wayne) only plays themselves due to 10 conference members & 9 week regular season. Snider and Bishop Dwenger vs Marion Local & Coldwater would be interesting.
Dwenger would be a tall order but I wouldn't be against it.

Dwenger would be a tall order but I wouldn't be against it.
Those would be the only Indiana schools close that would compete besides maybe Homestead or Carroll, but all of those schools are in the SAC and have no out of conference schedule. No NE8 or ACAC team would give either Coldwater or Marion Local a game.

Marion Local is opening up against Indian Hill in 2020. Posted on Arbiter today. 2 year contract; Away in 2020, Home in 2021.
Great for the Flyers to schedule a game. I guess it’s a bit farther drive than, say, to Fort Loramie, but at least ML has found an opponent. And my son lives about 12 minutes away from the IH stadium, so I’ll have a place to stay the night!

Looking at the Open Dates page for week 1 next year, there's a good game there for New Bremen if they want it.

D7 Patrick Henry- You know they'd get quite a few points with a win.

I think North Union, Grove City Christian or Ben Logan again could make sense for week 1 for the cards.

Last edited:
Flyers still playing the Bobby Hoyings week 2?

I understand Goodwin not wanting to only play 9 games, but what are the prospects of the flyers making the playoffs losing to both OOC games?

This scheduling force them to run the table in the league? If hey slip once in the MAC will 7-3 be good enough?

Flyers still playing the Bobby Hoyings week 2?

I understand Goodwin not wanting to only play 9 games, but what are the prospects of the flyers making the playoffs losing to both OOC games?

This scheduling force them to run the table in the league? If hey slip once in the MAC will 7-3 be good enough?
In D - 7 it should be but I think ML will go undefeated next season in the MAC.

Grove City Christian and Ben Logan wouldn't be very good harbin points wise. They tend to lose alot. North Union would be a winnable game.
I don't know.....I've seen NU play and they have a lot coming back.....

CBC is excited to see IL vs Anna next year. When I informed locals that the Rockets lost everything they think they can win that one.
IL loses an ultra talented QB. If he was at the likes of CW I believe he woulda put up OPOY numbers but he graduates and there isn't much coming up.

Neat to see My Healthy come up this way. Let's hope CW and the boosters roll out the red carpet for them.

Then in a few years bellefontaine feels they have a generational class and that confidence has them scheduling CW.

Will they have to go undefeated in the MAC to make it? I like these matchups, a few years ago when the Steiners were packed with talent.
Isn't Mount Healthy D -3 ? If Coldwater can beat the Owls, ML should be able to at least compete with IH. Scheduling wise the best thing that happened to the Flyers was maybe losing to Watterson, if ML wins that game is IH willing to play the Flyers. Like I posted on the other thread, I am just looking fwd. to stopping at a Graeters Ice Cream store.

I don't know.....I've seen NU play and they have a lot coming back.....

CBC is excited to see IL vs Anna next year. When I informed locals that the Rockets lost everything they think they can win that one.
IL loses an ultra talented QB. If he was at the likes of CW I believe he woulda put up OPOY numbers but he graduates and there isn't much coming up.

Neat to see My Healthy come up this way. Let's hope CW and the boosters roll out the red carpet for them.

Then in a few years bellefontaine feels they have a generational class and that confidence has them scheduling CW.
So does New Bremen.

I think Indian Lake and Anna will be a decent matchup. Itll be interesting to see how Anna responds to losing 25 seniors.

I've been looking at the open dates just in case but I have a gut feeling that they might not make the return trip. But if they do, we will certainly accommodate them. We will definitely feed them after the game.

We always seem to look for a challenge and this happens to be another one. I just hope we don't have to go to western Indiana or something in week 2 in 2021.

Minster has 6 away games in 2020. Hopefully they got a two year deal with Cincinnati Woodward and will get 6 home games in 2021.