PTC County

Garfield gone...now only Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast remain. Every school for itself. So sad to see this league disband...What are options? Don't think any schools are interested. Maybe Mogadore to PAC. Maybe they get rid of Loudenville..Rootstown??? Southeast??? Thoughts.

Garfield gone...now only Mogadore, Rootstown and Southeast remain. Every school for itself. So sad to see this league disband...What are options? Don't think any schools are interested. Maybe Mogadore to PAC. Maybe they get rid of Loudenville..Rootstown??? Southeast??? Thoughts.
I wonder if the PTC Metro would take Mogadore in football only. Maybe all other sports to the PAC?

I wonder if the PTC Metro would take Mogadore in football only. Maybe all other sports to the PAC?
Don't like football only...they need a conference with all sports. Field, Springfield, Mogadore, Rootstown and SE would be a good start. Maybe Manchester, Northwest would come on board. Northwest and Springfield were in conference together at one time. So were Mogadore and Manchester.

Nailed it! Just do the math. I think Garrettsville is doing what Crestwood did in which they can see writing on the wall and is doing what they feel is best.

Have there been any updates on the coaching searches at Coventry, Crestwood or Ravenna? Was surprised to learn about Coach Lunardi stepping down, still haven't seen anything in the paper. Being Athletic Director and Head Football has to be a major challenge.

Lunardi's son was a senior on the football team this year...so this does not come as so much of a surprise.

Well, they didn't have enough to field a JV team this year, that coupled with all the seniors they lose and I think next year will be a rough one for them. When you can't pass a levy and have pay-for-play (I could be wrong but I think it is around $800 for football) the numbers coming out is going to take a hit. Not sure about the middle school/youth numbers, but I think most of those teams had pretty decent seasons.
and then you got a coach that leaves because the fans are a bunch of out-of-control cretins.....many of whom I'd be willing to bet have voted no on the levies. If you ask me, this train is running off the rails.

To follow up on any misconceptions I may have earlier had......

Crestwood did indeed have a JV team this year, but was unable to play final two games of season against Garfield and Mogadore, they went 5-1

Cost of pay per play is same for all sports.....$300 per sport

Youth Varsity and Mites lost in championship games, youth numbers were very strong

Middle school team was made up a mostly 7th graders

Emergency operating levy was passed last, so things are just peachy keen with all of that.....other than the fact that the high school is a few years away from being condemned.

Gville is going to the MVAC. Rootstown and Mogadore were negotiating behind Gvilles back so they took the best offer out there. It makes sense since they are so close to those trumbull county schools

The end of a great era, PCL, PTC. As a teen in 1968 I remember Mogadore entering this league. We had previously played in the Summit and Suburban leagues. As those schools grew in size and we didn't this was our best option. We still had our rival Field ( old Suffield high) and schools more our size. The WILDCATS dominated from the start. A few lean years but oh what great memories. So sad it has all ended. Unfortunately especially for those high school kids who will never experience the excitement of a " local " rival...

Gville is going to the MVAC. Rootstown and Mogadore were negotiating behind Gvilles back so they took the best offer out there. It makes sense since they are so close to those trumbull county schools

It made the most sense, as in the easiest/simplest move, for the MVAC for sure. Now they got 2 tiers of 8, no cross-overs, no shuffling etc. Plus Garfield already has natural rivals with Newton Falls, Labrae, and Champion.

Negotiating behind their back for what/to whom? Also, any evidence of this?

I thought that all 4 remain schools had agreed to stick together or be a package deal. Apparently it seems Garfield didn't think was true. If they did go behind the backs if the other 3 then don't schedule them again....

Making a run with those smaller massilon schools, not sure of the league, but it was for Rootstown and Mogadore not including Southeast and Gville. What I was told from a reliable source close to the MVAC

I thought that all 4 remain schools had agreed to stick together or be a package deal. Apparently it seems Garfield didn't think was true. If they did go behind the backs if the other 3 then don't schedule them again....
Thats what I thought also, thats why i asked about how/why Gville made the jump.

Would CVCA and Loudonville be booted from the PAC to make room for Mogadore and Rootstown?

Those moves would make the PAC the second best small school football conference in Ohio behind the MAC.

Would CVCA and Loudonville be booted from the PAC to make room for Mogadore and Rootstown?

Those moves would make the PAC the second best small school football conference in Ohio behind the MAC.
I don't know if the PAC would openly boot CVCA and Loudonville, but I could see the PAC either add Moggy and Rootstown to go to 2 divisions and maybe look for a couple more teams to expand to 12, or some of the PAC schools could just up and leave. You could make a pretty good league from Moggy and Rootstown plus Manchester, Northwest, Fairless, and Tuslaw. Possible candidates to get to 8 teams would include: CVCA, Canton South, Southeast, and possibly even Minerva if they're serious about leaving the EBC like some of their fans in their season thread have suggested. Canton CC and St. Thomas Aquinas might even be interested if the right combination of schools came along. However, I have not sensed any great desire on the part of CCC's administration to get into a league. I don't know what CCC's ideal league would look like.

My dream league has always been: Fairless, Tuslaw, Northwest, Manchester, CCC, St. Thomas Aquinas, Orrville, and Triway. However, I could live with swapping Orrville and Triway for Mogadore and Rootstown.

I don't know if the PAC would openly boot CVCA and Loudonville, but I could see the PAC either add Moggy and Rootstown to go to 2 divisions and maybe look for a couple more teams to expand to 12, or some of the PAC schools could just up and leave. You could make a pretty good league from Moggy and Rootstown plus Manchester, Northwest, Fairless, and Tuslaw. Possible candidates to get to 8 teams would include: CVCA, Canton South, Southeast, and possibly even Minerva if they're serious about leaving the EBC like some of their fans in their season thread have suggested. Canton CC and St. Thomas Aquinas might even be interested if the right combination of schools came along. However, I have not sensed any great desire on the part of CCC's administration to get into a league. I don't know what CCC's ideal league would look like.

My dream league has always been: Fairless, Tuslaw, Northwest, Manchester, CCC, St. Thomas Aquinas, Orrville, and Triway. However, I could live with swapping Orrville and Triway for Mogadore and Rootstown.
The only reason I mentioned CVCA and Loudonville was because they are outliers, both geographically and in CVCA’s case a private school. Manchester, Northwest, Fairless, Tuslaw, Orrville , Triway, Mogadore, Rootstown would be one heck of a good football conference. One program would not dominate most years like Mogadore did in the PTC and PCL before that. Honestly I would put that conference up against any small school conference (Divisions 4-7) in the State, not named the MAC.

CVCA wants out of the PAC and has wanted out for a long time. Manchester wants Mogadore.
I think it’s a great fit for Mogadore. The league competition would have them more than ready for the Division 6 playoffs. There may be some years they miss out on the playoffs though with the major upgrade in competition. Which may be hard for the Mogadore faithful to stomach since they have made the playoffs for 20 straight years.

I think it’s a great fit for Mogadore. The league competition would have them more than ready for the Division 6 playoffs. There may be some years they miss out on the playoffs though with the major upgrade in competition. Which may be hard for the Mogadore faithful to stomach since they have made the playoffs for 20 straight years.
If they balance out the much tougher league schedule with some easier "point hogs" on OOC they should be ok.

Our OOC schedule the last few years has been brutal. If we switch to the PAC we maybe able to schedule some easier games OOC to balance it out.

This topic came up earlier in the fall. On paper (or yappi) it looks great to add Mogadore & Rootstown, but the PAC is now 50% D4 schools and it's getting tougher for them to make playoffs when 4 league games are D5/6. If CVCA leaves/voted out, could see PAC looking to add at least 1 more D4 school.
That said, trading out both CVCA and Loudonville (D4/D6) for Rootstown/Mog (D5/D6) would be definitely beneficial from a football perspective.

Two biggest issues:
1) Travel. Adding Rtown/Mog is no big deal for football. It's the middle school issue to consider as well. Those are long trips on a Tues/Thurs for football & volleyball games.
2) Competition. After Orrville won state in their 3rd year in the league two of the legacy PAC schools openly asked if they should be allowed to stay in the league. Can't imagine those schools being excited to have to play Manchester, Orrville AND Mogadore every year.

This topic came up earlier in the fall. On paper (or yappi) it looks great to add Mogadore & Rootstown, but the PAC is now 50% D4 schools and it's getting tougher for them to make playoffs when 4 league games are D5/6. If CVCA leaves/voted out, could see PAC looking to add at least 1 more D4 school.
That said, trading out both CVCA and Loudonville (D4/D6) for Rootstown/Mog (D5/D6) would be definitely beneficial from a football perspective.

Two biggest issues:
1) Travel. Adding Rtown/Mog is no big deal for football. It's the middle school issue to consider as well. Those are long trips on a Tues/Thurs for football & volleyball games.
2) Competition. After Orrville won state in their 3rd year in the league two of the legacy PAC schools openly asked if they should be allowed to stay in the league. Can't imagine those schools being excited to have to play Manchester, Orrville AND Mogadore every year.

That's why I'm thinking it would be more likely that a handful of PAC schools would simply up and leave the league than to have the PAC expand to add Rootstown and Mogadore. I could envision the Rt. 93 quartet leaving Orrville, Triway, Loudonville, and even CVCA behind. I hear Orrville likes to throw its weight around when it comes to deciding the course of the league. CVCA does well in the fringe sports. Triway's only crime is poor geography relative to the rest of the league. Loudonville can only hurt the other teams' playoff chances if they continue to be a doormat with a DVI enrollment.

How does Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, Minerva, Canton South, Manchester, TBA, TBA grab you? Because that is one option being talked about right now. Those schools are in prelim discussions. The two TBA schools have been called and invited but have not said yes or no. Your guess is as good as mine about those two schools.

How does Mogadore, Rootstown, Southeast, Minerva, Canton South, Manchester, TBA, TBA grab you? Because that is one option being talked about right now. Those schools are in prelim discussions. The two TBA schools have been called and invited but have not said yes or no. Your guess is as good as mine about those two schools.
Should be Mogadore Field and maybe Akron Springfield. Northwest makes sense, they would fit in geographically more than Minerva

Simple but not likely. The commissioner is a Northwest guy.
Commissioners of HS leagues have no control over league membership. They are not like Roger Goodell. Their main job is to assign officials for league contests. Voting power in HS leagues generally belongs to either principals, ADs, superintendents, or some combo of those 3 groups. Judging by the name, I'm guessing the HS principals hold the voting power in the PAC.

I like the start. I really would like Field and Springfield, but have heard that the PTC Metro is likely to stick together. If that’s the case I would like Northwest for sure, and either Orrville or Tuslaw.