Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tuesday 12/03/19

St. Xavier(0-1) @ Lakota East(1-0) - LE should win by 10 or more, but St. X can shoot the 3pt
Lakota West @ Turpin(2-0) - Turpin wins in a slow down game by 5 or more
Mason(0-1)
@ Kings - Mason get's the win, but I know nothing about Kings
Fairfield(0-1) @ Northwest(0-1) - FF wins big by 15 or more
Middletown @ Fairmont - I will go with Fairmont by 10 or more

Friday 12/06/19

Hamilton(1-0) @ Mason - Is it time Hamilton to the upper part of the GMC. Big Blue by 5 or more
Sycamore(0-1) @ Fairfield - Sycamore is just bad this year. FF wins big by 20 or more
Lakota West @ Colerain - LW wins big by 15 or more
Princeton(1-0) @ Lakota East - LE wins a close one by 5 or more. True test for both teams
Oak Hills @ Middletown - OH wins by 10 or more

East over X by 6, interesting match up, X will place more value in this one than East. Will X press East?
Turpin over West by 7, Turpin has two games already which is an advantage plus at home. Very curious about West this year and potential improvement.
Mason over Kings by 17, Mason played well in game #1. I don't think Kings is very good.
Fairfield over NW by 11, NW lost the Mahaffey kid, both teams 0-1, isn't the word that FF new coach wants to play fast?
Fairmont over Middies by 7, I want to pick the Middies but in three years of this coach I've seen nothing that indicates the program is improving.

East over X by 6, interesting match up, X will place more value in this one than East. Will X press East?
Turpin over West by 7, Turpin has two games already which is an advantage plus at home. Very curious about West this year and potential improvement.
Mason over Kings by 17, Mason played well in game #1. I don't think Kings is very good.
Fairfield over NW by 11, NW lost the Mahaffey kid, both teams 0-1, isn't the word that FF new coach wants to play fast?
Fairmont over Middies by 7, I want to pick the Middies but in three years of this coach I've seen nothing that indicates the program is improving.

FF should win big tonight. NW is without 3 key players. 2 out with injuries and 1 got called for a flagrant foul trying to stop a dunk attempt on Friday at Hamilton. Was kind of a bogus ejection but kid has to sit 2 games regardless I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why would X place more value on this one than East???

Why would X place more value on this one than East???
An important game for both, was just saying X with their 1st yr. coach taking over a team that hasn't had a significant win in many years would be a good start to his tenure. Not minimizing the importance of the game for East, they will prepare for all of their games at a high level.

Hamilton at Mason will be a true test for Hamilton.

Princeton at Lakota East will be 1 and 2 in the GMC. Who will get the upper hand first. You would think LE at home in a close one

Last edited by a moderator:
Princeton 22
Lakota East 27 Half

Nate Johnson with 20 pts at half. Might be the best all around scorer that the GMC has seen in a while

Some early season results. East early win over Princeton gives obvious early advantage. This will be a two team race to win it. Hamilton beating Mason at Mason is significant. Puts the Big Blue in 3rd of GMC power rankings.

Griffin Classic at NKU on Saturday:

Oak Hill Academy--50
Covington Catholic (KY)--38

Cincinnati Oak Hills--34
Legacy Charter (SC)--44
Final

Huntington Prep--54
Elder--42

All 3 games went about the same way--locals played tough through 3 qtrs and then came up short--reminded me of the old Blue Chip Classic at Riverfront Coliseum years ago--local teams vs. national powers!!

Last edited:
Tuesday: Blue beat Aviators 51-36, T-Hawks beat Comets 52-37, Highlanders beat Cardinals 53-38, Vikings beat T-Birds 71-57, and in the toss up game Indians beat Middies 56-51. Don't know much about the Indians or Middies.

Aviators beat Blue and T-Birds beat Vikings. Hawks, Indians, and Highlanders all win. West may be most improved team in league. Won't be shocked if this is the Vikings we see throughout the season, up and down with issues. The only thing consistent about Hamilton in recent memory is being inconsistent. Big victory for Aviators. I didn't think Mason would keep it so close.

Springboro, which defeated Fairfield, got their butts handed to them by Miamisburg. That is just a small detail.

Aviators beat Blue and T-Birds beat Vikings. Hawks, Indians, and Highlanders all win. West may be most improved team in league. Won't be shocked if this is the Vikings we see throughout the season, up and down with issues. The only thing consistent about Hamilton in recent memory is being inconsistent. Big victory for Aviators. I didn't think Mason would keep it so close.

Princeton has been missing some key players each game. Injury bug has hit them early on. I still expect them to finish strong, but I did say Lakota West was going to be pretty good this year

Princeton has been missing some key players each game. Injury bug has hit them early on. I still expect them to finish strong, but I did say Lakota West was going to be pretty good this year

The main three studs Hardman, Barker, Davis all played both the West and the East games and looks like Greg Johnson and Berkhalter were missing. Was a great game to watch! With Hamilton getting upset that opens the door for East a bit but I think there are alot great games in store for the conference this season. West, Fairfield, have some JUICE!! Could be an interesting season.......

FAIRFIELD 51
MIDDLETOWN 45

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for Eric Hickey's report and E.L. Hubbard's photo gallery from Fairfield Arena

Annual subscription is 16 cents a day, monthly subscription is 33 cents a day

The main three studs Hardman, Barker, Davis all played both the West and the East games and looks like Greg Johnson and Berkhalter were missing. Was a great game to watch! With Hamilton getting upset that opens the door for East a bit but I think there are alot great games in store for the conference this season. West, Fairfield, have some JUICE!! Could be an interesting season.......

I think Princeton is also missing a 6'4 kid with a injury. His name slips my mind right now. Still the defense has to get better and in a hurry

Princeton has enough talent even with 1-2 out.

I agree. But they are still missing key rotation guys in all 3 games. I think Princeton will be find and get better. But they can't keep losing league games if they want to challenge East