Three accomplishments thread

gobluetom

List three accomplishments for your high school football team in 2019; LaSalle

1.) King of the Road Trophy: Goes to the winner of LaSalle/ St. Xavier game.
2.) GCL Champions
3.) State Division 2 Playoff Champions

1.) Kicked the longest FG in a Division 2 Championship game: 43 yards, Jake Seibert.
2.) First TD scored on an overturned call by instant replay in Ohio playoffs history: Gi'Bran Payne.
3.) Beat two state finalists in one year, like the 2016 team.

Green Bulldogs

1. Fewest total yards allowed in a single game in school history- 44 vs Firestone
2. Trey Martin set single-game receiving yards record- 217 vs Perry
3. Colin Somerday 3 interceptions in one game- vs Louisville

Greenon Knights:
1. first conference championship since 2007, and first in the Ohio Heritage Conference (OHC
2. best record since 1981 (?) at 8-2
3. QB Cade Rice set both the school passing yards and passing TD records

Defiance

1 We won a game
2 We uh, won another game?
3 The senior class proved to be an outstanding group of young men, coming together to buy one of the freshmen a new bike after his (his only way to practice) was stolen.

On the field things weren't pretty. Off the field, we have a lot to be proud of. I'll take it.

1.) Kicked the longest FG in a Division 2 Championship game: 43 yards, Jake Seibert.
2.) First TD scored on an overturned call by instant replay in Ohio playoffs history: Gi'Bran Payne.
3.) Beat two state finalists in one year, like the 2016 team.

Three: Mansfield won state in Massachusetts. Also lost to another state champ in CovCath.

List three accomplishments for your high school football team in 2019; LaSalle

1.) King of the Road Trophy: Goes to the winner of LaSalle/ St. Xavier game.
2.) GCL Champions
3.) State Division 2 Playoff Champions

Good thread, GBT. You and 92 seem to have it covered for LS.

Bounced back after a rough start
Finished the season on a 2 game winning streak
3 first team all ohio players, 1 second team all ohio player and 1 third teamer

Kirtland Hornets
1. Defeated two OPOYS, DPOY, & COY during playoffs in Division V.
2. Won back-to-back state titles (15-0 both times) for first time in school history, leading to 30 game winning streak.
3. Won every game by double digits for the first time since 2011.

Colerain Cardinals
  1. Seamlessly installed a new head coach & new coordinators while maintaining the high standard that is Colerain Football
  2. Kept conference winning streak alive (83 games) and won 20th consecutive GMC title, breaking previous record of 19 held by Princeton
  3. Kept undefeated record in first round of playoffs while playing in our 4th regional final in last 5 years
Good thread GBT.

-CardinalsFan

Wapakoneta Redskins

1. Won the WBL for the second year in a row, 5th title in 6 years.
2. Made the playoffs for the 6th time in 7 years and 7th in 9.
3. Evan Kaeck set the school record for rushing yards and total points scored in a career.

Wapakoneta is for sure not a school full of football tradition and history. They’ve never won a state title. 2013 was the first year they hosted a playoff game. 2014 was the first year they made it past the first round. They’ve never made it out of their region. However, I am proud to see how much this sport has brung the community together.

Kirtland Hornets
1. Defeated two OPOYS, DPOY, & COY during playoffs in Division V.
2. Won back-to-back state titles (15-0 both times) for first time in school history, leading to 30 game winning streak.
3. Won every game by double digits for the first time since 2011.
Kirtland ROCKED this year, but that COY you beat . . . that was actually a lifetime achievement award disguised as the D5 COY. The guy finished tied for 2nd in his league but was somehow the D5 COY. Tiger or 5 other guys would have been much better selections. Anyhow, congrats to you!

Kirtland ROCKED this year, but that COY you beat . . . that was actually a lifetime achievement award disguised as the D5 COY. The guy finished tied for 2nd in his league but was somehow the D5 COY. Tiger or 5 other guys would have been much better selections. Anyhow, congrats to you!
I agree...Coach France has had an outstanding coaching career, but you’re right. You could even make a case for Ironton’s Trevon Pendleton as coach of the year. Going from 6-5 to 13-2 and bringing Ironton football back to elite levels is a worthy qualification for COY. Nevertheless, the Hornets went above and beyond expectations this year! Can’t wait to see what happens next year. August seems so far away...

Wyoming

1. Won regional title and made second straight final 4.
2. Brought Mr. Ohio back to Cincinnati
3. Ongoing 41 game regular season winning streak (had 28 game overall win streak snapped in final 4)

I mean going by their logic they have added another state title to the list...

They went a long time at 22, won 0 more of any kind and then magically had 24 because they discovered a few more, so who knows what number this is....57 or 58 maybe?

Colerain Cardinals
  1. Seamlessly installed a new head coach & new coordinators while maintaining the high standard that is Colerain Football
  2. Kept conference winning streak alive (83 games) and won 20th consecutive GMC title, breaking previous record of 19 held by Princeton
  3. Kept undefeated record in first round of playoffs while playing in our 4th regional final in last 5 years
Good thread GBT.

-CardinalsFan
Hats off to the Card’s. I’ll admit I was a bit skeptical after the change. Glad I was wrong.

Massillon

25th ap poll championship
most fans in attendance at state championship game
most hated fanbase in yappi poll

Akron North
1. Blocked a field goal with 10 seconds left in game, leading 19-18.
2. Went to Victory formation for the 1st time in 5 years.
3. Ended a 47 game losing streak, seniors get their 1st win.

Alliance Aviators
1. Won a 3rd straight league title (EBC)
2. Defeated our rival Marlington for the 3rd straight year.
3. Qualified for the OHSAA playoffs for a 3rd straight year. A first in school history and also one of only 2 schools in stark county to do so the previous 3 seasons.

Coldwater:

1. Won 8 games. Some can argue that winning only 8 games is a down year for us but it's still something to be proud of.

2. Made the playoffs for the 23rd consecutive year

3. 2 players All state

Last edited:
Alliance Aviators
1. Won a 3rd straight league title (EBC)
2. Defeated our rival Marlington for the 3rd straight year.
3. Qualified for the OHSAA playoffs for a 3rd straight year. A first in school history and also one of only 2 schools in stark county to do so the previous 3 seasons.

Make that 3 schools to do so. Massillon and McKinley both made the playoffs in '19, '18, and '17. For good measure, both made it in '16 as well. Among Stark schools, McKinley has the longest active streak of making the playoffs at 5 years and counting.

What did my school do this year?

Canton CC
1. Defeated archrival St. Thomas Aquinas to retain "the Lance."
2. Posted a winning record after the previous 2 years of sub-.500 records.
3. Defeated Louisville, a team that has historically gotten the better of them (2-7-1 all-time record against the Blue Raiders/Leopards).

Make that 3 schools to do so. Massillon and McKinley both made the playoffs in '19, '18, and '17. For good measure, both made it in '16 as well. Among Stark schools, McKinley has the longest active streak of making the playoffs at 5 years and counting.
I stand corrected. My apologies for failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of a fellow former All American League member. I remember those days man I used to love watching the boys play some ball in that conference. Never a bad matchup.