2019 Cleveland Browns

Pretty obvious there was blocking downfield, but the review of it is stupid.

Anyway, I’m pleased the Bengals dominated this game, but kept the lead for the #1 pick by choking in the redzone 5x. Lol.

The Bengals have the 32nd ranked defense against the run; Nick Chubb is the league leader in rushing. So the question is," How many times will he get the ball? More than 10? How many times in the second half? Or will the genius Kitchens decide that his qb with an injured hand should pass 40 times?

Waffle House Fred had to wait until the second half to run, so it looked as if he was capable of making a second half adjustment.

Great outcome. Bengals hold onto their lead for the #1 pick and Browns proved to everyone that there's no chance they win out to make the play-offs and will likely be stuck in mediocrity for years to come once Hunt and OBJ bolt this offseason.

Great outcome. Bengals hold onto their lead for the #1 pick and Browns proved to everyone that there's no chance they win out to make the play-offs and will likely be stuck in mediocrity for years to come once Hunt and OBJ bolt this offseason.
Typical Choppy post.

Browns control both next season. No one is bolting, and trades for good value are just fine.

Stick to the NBA

So Baker is publicly criticizing the training staff for how they've handled OBJ's sports hernia? I'd love to have a week where just everyone shut the hell up and not give the press hounds something to grasp on to.

So Baker is publicly criticizing the training staff for how they've handled OBJ's sports hernia? I'd love to have a week where just everyone shut the hell up and not give the press hounds something to grasp on to.

Shut up and concentrate on not throwing interceptions. He is totally preoccupied with all of the outside stuff, which is the sign of immaturity. The whole team, including the coach, is too focused on the outside stuff, which results in their not being able to play football. Too much drama, not enough professionalism.

Shut up and concentrate on not throwing interceptions. He is totally preoccupied with all of the outside stuff, which is the sign of immaturity. The whole team, including the coach, is too focused on the outside stuff, which results in their not being able to play football. Too much drama, not enough professionalism.

I’m all for two pressers a week. Postgame and two days before the next game. Head Coach and three players, rotate the players.

Every week it is something with this team. They can't just play football. Somebody needs to say something dumb, or wear a dumb shirt, or swing something at somebody's head. Can't stay out of their own way. Just play football!

First of all, Cincinnati doesn't suck as bad as their record would indicate. They've been in a ton of one score losses. Tanking for Burrow is no shame. They at least played with some heart yesterday. The Browns, on the other hand, came out flat and they didn't get energized until Chubb, the only model of consistency on this team, broke off the big run. The problem is, he should have had 30 carries and Hunt 15-20, and Cincinnati's offense would have hardly seen the field. Kitchens' stubborn marriage to the passing game is so freaking frustrating.

But it pales in comparison to the watching the Browns' secondary try to tackle and cover. (Cue the inevitable meltdown from Brian) Denzel Ward's ball skills are horrible and the only way he got that Pick 6 was because he was 4 yards off the receiver when the deflection landed in his lap. Greedy Williams' feeble attempts at open field tackling are an embarrassment and he wasn't exactly velco'd to the player he was covering most of the day. The only saving grace is their youth. The talent is there. It's either lack of coaching or lack of commitment, or a combination of both, but something has to change when Andy Dalton can come in rusty and look like Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Cincinnati reaction to the " no interception."

I think the intent of the pass inference replay rule was to overturn egregious errors like occurred in NO. This was not egregious by any standard. So I understand why some people have an issue. Shoe on the other foot Browns fans would as well...as they should.

Brady Quinn in his rookie year. Slipped big time on draft day, bench warmer who still had national endorsement deals with Subway and EAS to name a few. "Now I'm done!"
I have to be honest, I don’t recall those Brady Quinn endorsement deals, but yeah that might exceed the ridiculousness of Baker’s deals.

To me this is the kind of call they should let stand ... not egregious ... but when I first saw it live, I thought it was pass interference .... but I don't like the entire replay system ... I think they get as many wrong after replay as they do live ... to me, I could live with the call on the field period ... no replay at all.

It was certainly not out of reason to call PI in real time, but that play goes uncalled as many times as not. Overturning on replay is crazy imo. I’m a bengals fan, but am very pleased to lose this game.

It was certainly not out of reason to call PI in real time, but that play goes uncalled as many times as not. Overturning on replay is crazy imo. I’m a bengals fan, but am very pleased to lose this game.
EP you’ve got to be rooting for your team against the Browns. The only team the Bengals have any chance to catch is the Giants and they are not taking a QB in Round 1 two years in a row. So if it’s Burrows you want he will be there for the Bengals, probably with 3 wins.

EP you’ve got to be rooting for your team against the Browns. The only team the Bengals have any chance to catch is the Giants and they are not taking a QB in Round 1 two years in a row. So if it’s Burrows you want he will be there for the Bengals, probably with 3 wins.
I was, half heartedly.

Yep. Take care of your own business. I think he had an off season of events like the Kentucky Derby, making commercials, getting married and enjoying the benefits of his notoriety, and not enough focus on his game. He showed up fat, arrogant, unprepared and believing all of the preseason hype. It's fixable with humility and hard work. We'll see if he can muster them this off-season. I think he does better when he feels he has to prove himself and maybe this year's criticism and struggles will get him back there.

Last edited:
Actually both. They say the same thing every day, but I am mostly sick of hearing Mayfield. Big mouth - little result.
You aren’t really a Browns fan, are you ?

I am frustrated with his poor performance, forcing the ball or holding it too long instead of throwing it away, but it’s all from the point of being a try hard. He is obviously not the product of good coaching right now. My guess is that he’s not getting it, but I guess it’s possible he just refuses to accept it.

As I think about it, nothing that he has said is exceptionally unreasonable by any stretch, though. Perhaps I missed what has really gotten under your skin ? He is a quarterback, so he needs to be confident. He has always been a little cocky, so I would expect him to continue to be so. Should he be groveling and apologizing daily, in your mind ? I am pretty sure he’s far more disappointed in his performance than you are. There is definitely Baker saturation in the advertising he has done and how often it airs.

I’m guessing every time you see or hear him you are reminded of disappointment ? I kind of expected nine and seven, or even eight and eight, so maybe I’m just less disappointed ?

Last edited:
You aren’t really a Browns fan, are you ?

I am frustrated with his poor performance, forcing the ball or holding it too long instead of throwing it away, but it’s all from the point of being a try hard. He is obviously not the product of good coaching right now. My guess is that he’s not getting it, but I guess it’s possible he just refuses to accept it.

As I think about it, nothing that he has said is exceptionally unreasonable by any stretch, though. Perhaps I missed what has really gotten under your skin ? He is a quarterback, so he needs to be confident. He has always been a little cocky, so I would expect him to continue to be so. Should he be groveling and apologizing daily, in your mind ? I am pretty sure he’s far more disappointed in his performance than you are. There is definitely Baker saturation in the advertising he has done and how often it airs.

I’m guessing every time you see or hear him you are reminded of disappointment ? I kind of expected nine and seven, or even eight and eight, so maybe I’m just less disappointed ?

That cockiness/arrogance does give him an edge that he feeds on. You won't find many low self esteem QBs. The difference in how that cockiness is interpreted by fans is entirely dependent upon whether they win.