Moeller coach resigns

It would be interesting to know. They seem to keep everything under lock and key. Hopefully, they have some top notch coaches in the mix.

They should be ashamed of themselves for not being at least a little “open” as to what’s going. They better hit a Home Run also if it’s all gonna be handled under lock and key!

They should be ashamed of themselves for not being at least a little “open” as to what’s going. They better hit a Home Run also if it’s all gonna be handled under lock and key!

How may programs, College, Pro and HS looking to hire a coach are open about it during a search? Why should the Moeller situation be any different? If you were doing the hiring would you be letting the whole world know what direction you are going? Come on?

How may programs, College, Pro and HS looking to hire a coach are open about it during a search? Why should the Moeller situation be any different? If you were doing the hiring would you be letting the whole world know what direction you are going? Come on?

They don’t have to “really” tell anyone anything but they can say hey, “we have started conducting interviews”. Hey just a follow up, “we have invited 4 guys back for another interview”. College and Pro usually always make a statement/comment regarding how things with the Search are progressing. I certainly don’t expect them to say Klonne,Crable and Faust are the 3 remaining candidates. Say something over nothing at all!

They don’t have to “really” tell anyone anything but they can say hey, “we have started conducting interviews”. Hey just a follow up, “we have invited 4 guys back for another interview”. College and Pro usually always make a statement/comment regarding how things with the Search are progressing. I certainly don’t expect them to say Klonne,Crable and Faust are the 3 remaining candidates. Say something over nothing at all!

College or Pro Never makes any statement.

They made it up to him. He is an administrator know!
Wow, so another district giving lots of money to a person who doesn't have the proper qualifications. Why do schools keep doing this and why do communities keep allowing this to happen? More importantly, why does the state allow it, legally? I mean Coach Parker doesn't have teacher credentials or administrator credentials?

This is not right for anyone involved, except for the coaches reaping the benefits. This is very sad.

Wow, so another district giving lots of money to a person who doesn't have the proper qualifications. Why do schools keep doing this and why do communities keep allowing this to happen? More importantly, why does the state allow it, legally? I mean Coach Parker doesn't have teacher credentials or administrator credentials?

This is not right for anyone involved, except for the coaches reaping the benefits. This is very sad.

You don't know what he has. Coach Parker goes beyond the call of duty taking care of his program and all the kids in the district. I think you are sad complaining about what another man gets. Especially, when he has a big family to support.

You don't know what he has. Coach Parker goes beyond the call of duty taking care of his program and all the kids in the district. I think you are sad complaining about what another man gets. Especially, when he has a big family to support.
Actually I do because it's public information to lookup. He has the credentials to be an aide, that's it, period! So we say all the time that public schools should be good stewards of public tax dollars and that education is the most important thing for kids, but we keep making up fake positions for football coaches who are not qualified. Would you let a lawyer represent you who didn't pass the bar? Probably not. But we continue to allow coaches to become academic administrators without proper certification, which means they haven't been trained in the ever changing complexity of educational laws.

It's not sad to complain about people getting preferential treatment and getting jobs they shouldn't have. If he wants to be an administrator, then go back to school and get your certification.

Lastly, I don't care how big his family is. I promise you there are teachers in WW with equally large families, some of which have administration credentials who were not even given the opportunity to have Coach Parker's new gig. That sir, is the sad part.

High schools and Colleges have been doing this for decades...If Coach Parker brings value to the school (and more importantly to the students) whatever he is getting paid is worth it and I would say the community supports it.

All OHSAA coaches do have to meet a combination of required annual training, have a PAP and can have a variety of levels of https://www.nfhs.org/ coaching credentials.
Most coaches have a closer connection to students than the average teacher or, Administrator and, can provide support to help get the student athlete to maintain grades, attendance and provide strategies to able to balance sport and school.

The district most likely went this route because he has an impact in the building. There are districts that have allowed coaches to have other vital roles within the district in Transportation, Facilities, School Safety, College recruiting coordinator or Employment coordinator, Student services support or positions within the athletic department are just a few examples in order to keep Districts with deeper pockets from recruiting the Coach like LW did with Bolden or, attract better/proven talent.

Last edited:
High schools and Colleges have been doing this for decades...If Coach Parker brings value to the school (and more importantly to the students) whatever he is getting paid is worth it and I would say the community supports it.

All OHSAA coaches do have to meet a combination of required annual training, have a PAP and can have a variety of levels of https://www.nfhs.org/ coaching credentials.
Most coaches have a closer connection to students than the average teacher or, Administrator and, can provide support to help get the student athlete to maintain grades, attendance and provide strategies to able to balance sport and school.

The district most likely went this route because he has an impact in the building. There are districts that have allowed coaches to have other vital roles within the district in Transportation, Facilities, School Safety, College recruiting coordinator or Employment coordinator, Student services support or positions within the athletic department are just a few examples in order to keep Districts with deeper pockets from recruiting the Coach like LW did with Bolden or, attract better/proven talent.
But aren't they setting themselves up for potential failure if they do something illegal because they don't have the proper credentials? Or are these jobs just made up completely with no real responsibilities, either way a travesty.

I agree coaches have a significant impact, but coaching is a supplemental position and we need to start treating it as such. It's student athlete, not athlete student. This is why so many athletes have this notion that they are special and above everyone else and don't have to comply, because it's set up from the top down systematically. It sends the wrong message.

Actually I do because it's public information to lookup. He has the credentials to be an aide, that's it, period! So we say all the time that public schools should be good stewards of public tax dollars and that education is the most important thing for kids, but we keep making up fake positions for football coaches who are not qualified. Would you let a lawyer represent you who didn't pass the bar? Probably not. But we continue to allow coaches to become academic administrators without proper certification, which means they haven't been trained in the ever changing complexity of educational laws.

It's not sad to complain about people getting preferential treatment and getting jobs they shouldn't have. If he wants to be an administrator, then go back to school and get your certification.

Lastly, I don't care how big his family is. I promise you there are teachers in WW with equally large families, some of which have administration credentials who were not even given the opportunity to have Coach Parker's new gig. That sir, is the sad part.

If someone on staff at WW is putting the time in, not just doing the standard and are really invested in the kids, usually get taken care of sooner or later. If not they can go elsewhere to do so. It's that simple.

But aren't they setting themselves up for potential failure if they do something illegal because they don't have the proper credentials? Or are these jobs just made up completely with no real responsibilities, either way a travesty.

I agree coaches have a significant impact, but coaching is a supplemental position and we need to start treating it as such. It's student athlete, not athlete student. This is why so many athletes have this notion that they are special and above everyone else and don't have to comply, because it's set up from the top down systematically. It sends the wrong message.

The school district and the community puts Coach Parker in very high regard when it comes to the things he does. Not just on the field but also in being a great example for our youth. And that you can't put a price on!

I have not seen anything or specifics about the new position.They should be in their board docs.
I am sure he is not going to be involved in a lot of Administration duties as it relates to curriculum or instruction including any staff evaluations where he would need the credentials.
As far as just a supplemental contract, how do you propose schools attract and keep established quality coaches? As far as sending the wrong message to athletes...That's a stretch...Athletes have more compliance standards today than any point in time... Grades, Pay to play, even dress code in some schools...

If someone on staff at WW is putting the time in, not just doing the standard and are really invested in the kids, usually get taken care of sooner or later. If not they can go elsewhere to do so. It's that simple.

So what did Coach Parker do to set himself apart? Did he go back to school to further his credentials? No. So we reward someone who excels at an EXTRA curricular and promote him in the academic realm? Again, what does his job responsibilities actually entail, couldn't find a job description in the board minutes other than some made up title of "Student Transition Coordinator."

I get he does a lot for WW students, but so do other coaches, activity supervisor, and club leaders. Every good coach, regardless of sport bends over backwards for their school and students, just like Coach Parker. That doesn't mean you get to get a fake promotion and hold a job that was created just for you that nobody really knows what it entails.

My point is simple, schools need to stop doing this as a whole, period. Put things back into perspective. This is also the type of thing that continues to give football a bad name and why people think football coaches can't teach or do much else.

Thus endeth the rant that I have had on this subject many times. It doesn't matter, Parker isn't going to Moeller.

So what did Coach Parker do to set himself apart? Did he go back to school to further his credentials? No. So we reward someone who excels at an EXTRA curricular and promote him in the academic realm? Again, what does his job responsibilities actually entail, couldn't find a job description in the board minutes other than some made up title of "Student Transition Coordinator."

I get he does a lot for WW students, but so do other coaches, activity supervisor, and club leaders. Every good coach, regardless of sport bends over backwards for their school and students, just like Coach Parker. That doesn't mean you get to get a fake promotion and hold a job that was created just for you that nobody really knows what it entails.

My point is simple, schools need to stop doing this as a whole, period. Put things back into perspective. This is also the type of thing that continues to give football a bad name and why people think football coaches can't teach or do much else.

Thus endeth the rant that I have had on this subject many times. It doesn't matter, Parker isn't going to Moeller.

Exactly. He wouldn't want that job. And Moeller probably wouldn't hire a "Coach Parker type of coach anyway.

"He has a big family to support?" Ummmmmm...What? This is a really bad take. Get the degree and necessary qualifications then. Bad Optics!!

"He has a big family to support?" Ummmmmm...What? This is a really bad take. Get the degree and necessary qualifications then. Bad Optics!!
He had leverage with college jobs offering. Wha looks bad? Schools are doing this. Its nothing new. Good luck to Moeller finding a coach. It will be hard to hire a public schools coach because of pay and benefits.

He had leverage with college jobs offering. What looks bad? Schools are doing this. Its nothing new. Good luck to Moeller finding a coach. It will be hard to hire a public schools coach because of pay and benefits.
Not really, several posters do not know the money rolling into these private schools.
Past Moeller HC were hitting 30k+ assistant coaches over 10k. I thought Colerain did good with booster dollars but when I heard what Moe brings in I was shocked. Coaches can also get "other perks" paid speaking engagements etc. Now they also have a little stricter education requirements in a lot of cases.

I wonder if Hyzdu and company are camping out at McLaughlin’s house tonight after seeing what LaSalle did to Massillon.

They certainly should be. Pat has done a great job at LaSalle and I would hate to see him go.

I’ve called several job head coaching switches in the past thay have turned out to be true but there is word out that Pat McLaughlin and his brother (former Volleyball coach at Moe and current La salle coach/ teacher) are headed to back to Moeller. The McLaughlins have not met with Moeller/ Hyzdu but discussions have been had between the 2 parties and this is who Moeller is looking to bring back.

Why would McLaughlin want to leave LsSalle? Don't they have a better roster returning next year than Moeller? I guess it would be cool to coach with your brother.