Is Dak Prescott an MVP candidate?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
After watching the Cowboys game last Thursday, I thought Prescott had a bad game. Looking at his stats later, it "appeared" to be a good game. Now listening the the ESPN guys, a few of them are saying that he is having an MVP year. Do you agree that Dak is having an MVP year? Or are his stats deceiving?

Lamar Jackson is probably going to run away with the MVP but I thought it was interesting that a few of the ESPN guys were making the case for a QB that is on a .500 team in the worst division in football.

Who would you put over him besides Jackson, Russell, Watson and maybe Mahomes at QB? Not sure what position players have a legit MVP argument, maybe Thomas (NO)?

Who would you put over him besides Jackson, Russell, Watson and maybe Mahomes at QB? Not sure what position players have a legit MVP argument, maybe Thomas (NO)?
Michael Thomas and Christian McCaffrey both could potentially break records at their positions this year. Dak throws for alot of yards because that is what QBs do nowadays. He is surrounded by great players and is sitting at .500 for the season. I consider Dak to be behind McCaffrey and significantly behind Michael Thomas. Definitely behind Mahomes.

Interesting night tonight as Troy Aikman said, there should be an asterisk next to stat padding like Dak had tonight. I think he threw for almost 200 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter after the game was already out of reach. Two weeks in a row that he was severely outplayed by the winning QB but the passing yards were significantly in Dak's favor. He is not an MVP in any way this year. Being under .500 should automatically disqualify him.

Interesting night tonight as Troy Aikman said, there should be an asterisk next to stat padding like Dak had tonight. I think he threw for almost 200 yards and a TD in the 4th quarter after the game was already out of reach. Two weeks in a row that he was severely outplayed by the winning QB but the passing yards were significantly in Dak's favor. He is not an MVP in any way this year. Being under .500 should automatically disqualify him.

Nobody in their right mind would even think about him as an MVP. He won't be an MVP in any year.

He was never going to win mvp, settle down.

I've always thought Zak an average QB. I now think he's an average QB who's had a nice season.
He’s one of those “good enough” guys. He’s not elite, but he shouldn’t lose you games. The cowboys are loaded with talent and underperforming overall. I think that’s more on coaching than Zak.

Jerry's big ticket players are Zeke, Zak and Cooper. Zeke's the meal ticket of that group, the one who's in the top 5 at his position. As we've discussed, Zak's a nice player, but I can name 8 or 10 QB's off of the top of my head I'd rather have. I've never been a huge fan of Cooper. He's the classic guy who builds his stats with 2 or 3 huge games a year and is average in the rest.