Cross County Conference

Havent heard this much controversy on how fast someone can make a certain trip since the millennium falcon and how long it took t make the Kessel run.
Yeah I know, and I didn't even post that originally to cause a problem. I was just saying I thought the location was a good thing for Covington. Some people got defensive about that. I'm literally rooting for Covington to win.

Well tonight is the night. I can't make it to the game, but I'm looking forward to following along. Is there any update to the injuries of the Covington players? I'm hoping Covington can go into tonight's game full strength but it didn't sound like that was going to happen earlier this week.

Well tonight is the night. I can't make it to the game, but I'm looking forward to following along. Is there any update to the injuries of the Covington players? I'm hoping Covington can go into tonight's game full strength but it didn't sound like that was going to happen earlier this week.
All I know is this. Covington should get to the stadium in about 20 minutes. Mechanicsburg closer to an hour. Lane Ruby will be there in 7 minutes regardless of starting point. He is THAT fast.

The way the paper reported those injuries as "devastating" had me thinking they might be done.

All I know is this. Covington should get to the stadium in about 20 minutes. Mechanicsburg closer to an hour. Lane Ruby will be there in 7 minutes regardless of starting point. He is THAT fast.

The way the paper reported those injuries as "devastating" had me thinking they might be done.
Oh the humanity! Driving an hour to a regional final playoff game........

What does next year look like in the final year of the CCC? Is it all Loramie and Covington again? Any teams be improved ? I know Loramie will have some decent skill guys back but will have to replace a very talented offensive line

What does next year look like in the final year of the CCC? Is it all Loramie and Covington again? Any teams be improved ? I know Loramie will have some decent skill guys back but will have to replace a very talented offensive line
i know Arcanum brings back so great young players, but not on the Covington/Loramie level.

I think Covington had 17 seniors this year. They might take at least a small step back.
Arcanum started a freshman QB. Don't know anything about who they lose, but having coaches son at QB for the next 3 years seems promising.

Next year will have Fort Loramie and Covington at the top. Seems like it is those 2 teams followed by everyone else. Covington had a lot of seniors that they will lose. But that program has shown that it reloads each year. Tri-Village is a team to keep an eye upon. Only graduate a few seniors. Talented sophomore class this year, they will be back for 2 more years. Don't know that they will have the horses to compete for league, but could have a winning record and get into the playoffs. Miami East had a drop off, I don't see them having 2 bad years in a row. So look for them to get back in the mix.

I agree with what everyone is else is saying. I believe it's Fort Loramie and Covington, and then everyone else. I do think Miami East could be better, and will be in the mix for the 3rd best team. I'd expect Arcanum and Ansonia to be towards the top of the league as well. I also agree with Tri Village being a team to keep an eye on. I'm not sure how many Seniors Miss Valley loses, but if they return some of their good players from this year, they could be another team to make some noise.

Well that didn't last long......TCN is looking for a new coach....again. If they get the right coach they could be a sleeper team. They only lost 4 seniors and they gain a large 8th grade class.

Well that didn't last long......TCN is looking for a new coach....again. If they get the right coach they could be a sleeper team. They only lost 4 seniors and they gain a large 8th grade class.

Any reason to why he left after only 1 year?

Any reason to why he left after only 1 year?
I know absolutely nothing about what went on with the new coach. But I am guessing that he walked into a situation that was much different than what he was expecting. I've talked to a lot of my TCN friends, and I've seen them play football/basketball/baseball over the past 3-4 years, and the kids there have been hard to watch. Lack of discipline and respect on the field/court. Fighting with the other team and with each other. TCN has lost 2 young coaches (football and baseball coach), that were both TCN guys, that I was surprised to see leave. That should be a sign of something.

Last edited:
I know absolutely nothing about what went on with the new coach. But I am guessing that he walked into a situation that was much different than what he was expecting. I've talked to a lot of my TCN friends, and I've seen them play football/basketball/baseball over the past 3-4 years, and the kids there have been hard to watch. Lack of discipline and respect on the field/court. Fighting with the other team and with each other. TCN has lost 2 young coaches (football and baseball coach), that were both TCN guys, that I was surprised to see leave. That should be a sign of something.
I have lived in this town my entire life and I couldn't agree more with what you have to say. It's an embarrassment to the point I want to pull my kids out of the district. You said they have a lack of discipline and respect on the field/court when you should've said on and off the field/court. They need new leadership at the school who will crack down on that behavior. Until they get a hard nosed coach to get rid of the cancer it will just keep getting worse. As for the coach he started off well and then it just got bad and then worse.

I have lived in this town my entire life and I couldn't agree more with what you have to say. It's an embarrassment to the point I want to pull my kids out of the district. You said they have a lack of discipline and respect on the field/court when you should've said on and off the field/court. They need new leadership at the school who will crack down on that behavior. Until they get a hard nosed coach to get rid of the cancer it will just keep getting worse. As for the coach he started off well and then it just got bad and then worse.
As a TCN person, do you feel that there is hope that this could be turned around in the next 3-4 years? I don't know how deep the issue is, but I feel like once certain groups shuffle though, things could start turning around. I feel like the worst I have seen it personally is the past 2 years on the basketball court. The 2017-2018 season being the worst. Really right on que with the new conference starting, TCN could be starting to head in a better direction. I saw TCN's junior high football team play this year and there should be some reason for optimism in the future.

He came into a bad situation for sure. If you remember same thing happened to Coach Hart in the late 2000s. The class of 2007??? made the playoffs and Derringer left for the 2nd time and then they went 0-3 wins a year for 3-4 years. North graduated a class of like 20 seniors last year that was were most of the talent was for a team that went 6-4. Very little left in the cabinet this year and even less with All-State Cole being out with a shoulder injury.
Football at North really hasn't done anything you wouldn't expect them to do in years. When was the last time they were part of an upset, either way? Maybe the Bethel game this year. Other than that, most in town know whos winning and whos losin before the game even starts. Why has Football and Basketball dropped off as the baseball team still seems to compete year in year out? Its mostly the same kids playing all sports.

TCN just seems like a school stuck in the past. Lots of back door/ small school politics that you don't see at other small schools even in 2019. The way the football program is being handled (running coaches out of town like they have the last 2) with the threat of the old coach coming back always in the forefront are what's going to keep their program back. I've heard that the junior high has some good classes coming, but it's not going to amount to much if the school doesn't change its culture.

He came into a bad situation for sure. If you remember same thing happened to Coach Hart in the late 2000s. The class of 2007??? made the playoffs and Derringer left for the 2nd time and then they went 0-3 wins a year for 3-4 years. North graduated a class of like 20 seniors last year that was were most of the talent was for a team that went 6-4. Very little left in the cabinet this year and even less with All-State Cole being out with a shoulder injury.
Football at North really hasn't done anything you wouldn't expect them to do in years. When was the last time they were part of an upset, either way? Maybe the Bethel game this year. Other than that, most in town know whos winning and whos losin before the game even starts. Why has Football and Basketball dropped off as the baseball team still seems to compete year in year out? Its mostly the same kids playing all sports.
I wouldn't necessarily say that it is the same kids playing all the sports. Of the kids that come to my mind as being kids that could cause problems, none of them played baseball. That could have something to do with it.

I thought TCN's class last year was going to be so good at football. I don't know if it was coaching, or just the attitudes of the kids, but that had to be disappointing for the community to watch. I still think TCN will be in good shape when the new conference forms and outside of some very down years will spend most of their seasons winning more games than they lose.

Since the MAC uses Versailles Championships before they joined the conference as state titles does the CCC get to claim Anna’s since they used to play in the conference ?‍♂️?‍♂️??. Congrats to Anna, I remember when I was in JR High and watching our JV play them the first year they had a team. At the time I had never seen that many kids on a HS field before. The community embraced the sport and they are enjoying the rewards tonight!!

Got to give props to Anna. They quickly ruled the roost in the CCC. Then migrated to better competition in the MAC. This season - a state championship. How many years have they had football - maybe 12 - 15 or so? Quite an accomplishment.