COLERAIN CARDINALS 2020

I have to disagree here. FF came closer to dethroning Colerain then any team has in the last 20 years as the Indians took the Cards to OT in that last game which was being played for an outright conference title.

And while I haven't used this excuse before it's hard not to factor in the difference a healthy McClain would have had on that week 10 game. Yea, I get it's all about the next man up and FF was guilty of putting all their eggs in one offensive basket but this kid was a special talent. How would Colerain have done last season had Ivan Pace gone down? There are limits to the next man up theory.

As for Colerain they should still be very good but I suspect that the difference between them and the rest of the league has narrowed and will continue to narrow. There will be a lot more GMC games in which Colerian will have to play their starters well into the 4th quarter to lock up. We saw it this year and I suspect that this trend will continue next season.

FF will continue to battle for a title; Mason might be the team to look out for; if Princeton's coaching staff gets their act together the Vikings will be dangerous; LW will be much better next year and I suspect will contend for a title; Hamilton may be the most interesting team to watch and Sycamore is to well coached not to be a factor most years.

I think that we agree that we will enjoy watching the GMC continue to grow into the strongest football conference, coming or going, and that is without teams that make the the playoffs with a 5-5 record.

I think that we agree that we will enjoy watching the GMC continue to grow into the strongest football conference, coming or going, and that is without teams that make the the playoffs with a 5-5 record.

Clearly the GMC is behind the GCL and it really isn't even close...

GCL since 2000:
13 Final Fours
11 Finals
7 State Titles (potentially 8 come Friday)
(not including LaSalle's 3 championships and now a chance at a 4th in D2)
3 teams have at least 2 titles

GMC
5 Final Fours
2 Finals
1 State Title
No other team besides Colerain has been to the regional finals.

The GMC would be irrelevant without Colerain. Nobody would pay attention to them. The GCL would most likely have 5 more final 4 appearances and maybe a couple more state titles.

GCL since 2000:
13 Final Fours
11 Finals

GMC
5 Final Fours
2 Finals
1 State Title

The GMC would be irrelevant without Colerain. Nobody would pay attention to them. The GCL would most likely have 5 more final 4 appearances and maybe a couple more state titles.
factually correct, the GCL has more titles, the GMC is not on the same level as the GCL, but making progress, and less than D1 stats don't count,

GCL since 2000:
13 Final Fours
11 Finals

GMC
5 Final Fours
2 Finals
1 State Title

Comprehension matters.

Yes, St X with their 1100 handpicked boys vs Colerain’s 750 you get what you get and don’t throw a fit boys....St X should win every game against Colerain. What Colerain does against the GCL is nothing short of remarkable and a testament to hard work and darn good coaching.
Great excuse. Comes up every time the cards get bounced

Let's try and get this thread back on track. Someone asked about the Cards 2020 Schedule. Outside of week 1, it is set, I believe, as follows:

If the rumors are to be believed, week 1 could be an out of state power making the trip to Colerain. We'll have to wait and see on that one. After that, the Cards head down North Bend to take on the Bombers (again!) before returning home in week 3 for an early "Homecoming". You think The Cage will be rocking in week 3? :LOL: As previously mentioned, Fairfield falls off the schedule for 2020.

Brutal start to the year as "TBD", St. Xavier and Lakota West will all be very difficult games to start the year with a completely new OL. A brief respite before Princeton comes to The Cage. Middletown and Sycamore should not present to big a challenge but then improved Hamilton and Mason squads most likely make the trip to Colerain. East should also be pretty solid next year, but not solid enough to beat Colerain.

-CardinalsFan

Let's try and get this thread back on track. Someone asked about the Cards 2020 Schedule. Outside of week 1, it is set, I believe, as follows:

View attachment 5033

If the rumors are to be believed, week 1 could be an out of state power making the trip to Colerain. We'll have to wait and see on that one. After that, the Cards head down North Bend to take on the Bombers (again!) before returning home in week 3 for an early "Homecoming". You think The Cage will be rocking in week 3? :LOL: As previously mentioned, Fairfield falls off the schedule for 2020.

Brutal start to the year as "TBD", St. Xavier and Lakota West will all be very difficult games to start the year with a completely new OL. A brief respite before Princeton comes to The Cage. Middletown and Sycamore should not present to big a challenge but then improved Hamilton and Mason squads most likely make the trip to Colerain. East should also be pretty solid next year, but not solid enough to beat Colerain.

-CardinalsFan

The HSFB fans in Ohio are not as interested in Colerain as you always seem to think!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The HSFB fans in Ohio are not as interested in Colerain as you always seem to think!?!?
Three things:
1) I didn't start this thread
2) Is that a statement or a question?
3) Never mind with #2, your whole post is pointless.

#MoellerEducated

-CardinalsFan

Like I said, other than about 3 of you who are on this site 24/7, no one really cares. Do I need to explain myself?

No one here has that much time, especially if you are going to do it right. There are plenty of conversations ongoing regarding moeller. Go join one of those parties, if you are not a GMC fan, rabbit.

No one here has that much time, especially if you are going to do it right. There are plenty of conversations ongoing regarding moeller. Go join one of those parties, if you are not a GMC fan, rabbit.

Pretty funny coming from you HardGuy. You don't hesitate jumping into most threads about Moeller and voicing your dislike for them. Hell, you were suicidal late winter when Moeller was running off 49 straight with back to back state basketball titles.

Pretty funny coming from you HardGuy. You don't hesitate jumping into most threads about Moeller and voicing your dislike for them. Hell, you were suicidal late winter when Moeller was running off 49 straight with back to back state basketball titles.

I have conversations with fans of the GMC. I never doubted that the boys of moeller were the best boys basketball team in Ohio, last year. I have already went out on a limb and predicted another championship for the boys.

Telling lies and having a consistent lack of reading comprehension is a bad combination: #moellereducated

Have a merry Christmas season with friends and family.

If the rumors are to be believed, week 1 could be an out of state power making the trip to Colerain. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

-CardinalsFan

I know that Joe Maimone (GSB) was trying to put together a matchup with one of the MD superteams at one point. Are you referring to that, or is this a new development?

I know that Joe Maimone (GSB) was trying to put together a matchup with one of the MD superteams at one point. Are you referring to that, or is this a new development?
That is what I was referring to. Did you hear anything further fish?

-CardinalsFan

That is what I was referring to. Did you hear anything further fish?

-CardinalsFan

He was talking to Biff Poggi’s SFA team, but it sounds like they might not be available week one.

I’m talking to him now, and he has some other options, which I can just take to PM if you prefer.

I started the thread and wanted to know what the Colerain faithful or those in the know think what the team's outlook looks like for 2020. I don't give a rats @$$ what anyone else is interested in. If you're not interested, then troll on another thread.

Why all the bad language (typing)?

According to some Fairfield parents with whom I watch Buckeye games every Saturday, there may be some changes in management in the football program. And yes, for long time coach watchers, it is the same old reason with this particular Fairfield coach.

According to some Fairfield parents with whom I watch Buckeye games every Saturday, there may be some changes in management in the football program. And yes, for long time coach watchers, it is the same old reason with this particular Fairfield coach.

If Fairfield gets rid of Krause then you and everybody else deserves to dwell at the bottom of GMC mediocrity/hell.

Ahhh yes the parents running the show at FF, business as usual when I attended school.

. I certainly hope that's just a rumor. :rolleyes:

It really is a testament to their youth program as well. These kids come up learning a certain style of football and it shows when they get to HS. Coelrain is and should be proud of what they have built. Cincinnati football is fantastic and they are one the leaders.

Final 4's since 2000
2000- Colerain - Final 4
2001 - St. X - Runner Up
2002 - Elder - Champion
2003 - Elder - Champion
2004 - Colerain - Champion
2005- St. X - Champion
2006 - No Cincinnati Team
2007 - St. X - Champion
2008 - Elder - Runner Up
2009 - Elder - Final 4
2010 - No Cincinnati Team
2011 - St. X - Final 4
2012 - Moeller - Champion
2013 - Moeller - Champion
2014 - Moeller - Final 4
2015 - Colerain - Final 4
2016 - St. X - Champion
2017 - Colerain - Final 4
2018 - Colerain - Runner Up
2019 - Elder - TBD

Cincinnati Champions: 8
Cincinnati Finals: 12
Cincinnati Final 4: 18

Team - Final 4/Runner Up/Champions

Colerain - 5/1/1
Elder - 5/1/2 - A Championship or Runner up TBD
Moeller - 3/0/2
St. X - 5/1/3

In short; St.X and Elder have been to the finals four 5 times since 2000, making it to the finals 4 of those times. Moeller 3 Final 4's, finals 2 times. Colerain 5 final 4's, 2 Finals.

Elder & St.X have had the most success since 2000 when it comes to success in the tournament. Colerain seems to struggle once it gets to the final 4.

This is not a rip or praise on any program, I just started doing research when I became curious on how well Cincinnati represented the state and decided to post it.
Colerain lost to eventual state champ Hilliard Davidson in 2006 in the semifinal. So notch another final 4 in there.