Brush Preseason #1 in Cleveland?

Brush does nothing to disappoint in 92-28 opening win over John Hay. I was traveling for the holidays and unable to attend but I’m told the team appeared to be extremely focused.

I can assure you that this ranking means very little to Coach Mason and his team as they prepare for the upcoming season. I can also assure you that Coach Mason and his team are extremely under ranked in this meaningless poll.

As you can see, I nearly nailed the top 10 in Cleveland except I didn't expect the kind of disrespect that was shown towards Coach Mason and his team. It will be used as a motivator for a coach that learned a tremendous amount about leadership and culture while working for USA Basketball this off season.
I'm already tired of hearing about "Coach Mason"

Coach Mason and the team continue to give back to the community. Just an incredible example of servant leadership.

Coach Mason has submitted a Big Game Alert for the contest against Lorain tomorrow night. We know that the program is built for March but as far as games played before Hanukkah this is a big one.

Found this picture of BrushArc standing in front of Brush's basketball trophy case. :cry:

Coach Mason has submitted a Big Game Alert for the contest against Lorain tomorrow night. We know that the program is built for March but as far as games played before Hanukkah this is a big one.

I guess technically sectionals are played in March, so you're right about something for once.

The march to the the #1 spot that I predicted took a giant step last night by beating a game Lorain team. The gym was rocking harder than that Harry Connick Jr. concert went to. Many people on here doubted the experience Coach Mason gained from being one of two coaches from the area to represent Team USA basketball (Coach Eric Flannery was the other) but it was clearly evident last night. The timely substitutions and balancing act to allow those two youngsters to play at such a high level so early is a testament to his coaching acumen. Some on here will be surprised by this final score but I can assure you that myself and Coach Mason are not.

The march to the the #1 spot that I predicted took a giant step last night by beating a game Lorain team. The gym was rocking harder than that Harry Connick Jr. concert went to. Many people on here doubted the experience Coach Mason gained from being one of two coaches from the area to represent Team USA basketball (Coach Eric Flannery was the other) but it was clearly evident last night. The timely substitutions and balancing act to allow those two youngsters to play at such a high level so early is a testament to his coaching acumen. Some on here will be surprised by this final score but I can assure you that myself and Coach Mason are not.
Harry Connick Jr. does not rock hard. Work on your figurative expression.

Saw them the other night. They have some potential but struggled with a Lorain team missing 2 of their top 7, and at Brush. They went long stretches without getting the ball to Hugley. They will be better as their guards improve but aren’t near the top in NE Ohio!

You do realize that Lorain’s All Ohio player, Seth Wilson was in street clothes along with their back up “big.” Coach Mason could hardly make a mistake with the number of players he had in that game, and still it came down to the last possession at Brush. Lorain’s effort was much more impressive that the Arc’s, Coach Mason’s genius and all!

Just curious are you a relative or are you “crushing” on Chet?

Just curious are you a relative or are you “crushing” on Chet?

It seems pretty obvious to me that brusharc1986 is a Chet hater disguised as a fan boy. He is fishing and people are biting. Nobody who is that close to the coach and supports the program so much would make such consistently overly optimistic and ridiculous comments. This guy is not a Brush guy...he is out to make them look annoying and he is accomplishing that. If he really was trying to be a positive supporter of the program, he wouldn't post like he does.

Not surprising that Brush takes down one of the top teams in NE Ohio and the haters come out of the wood work. That's ok by us. Coach Mason always says that the haters will only make you stronger.

Last edited:
It seems pretty obvious to me that brusharc1986 is a Chet hater disguised as a fan boy. He is fishing and people are biting. Nobody who is that close to the coach and supports the program so much would make such consistently overly optimistic and ridiculous comments. This guy is not a Brush guy...he is out to make them look annoying and he is accomplishing that. If he really was trying to be a positive supporter of the program, he wouldn't post like he does.
Not a bad theory, actually.

Actually, he is not enthusiastic about Babe Kwas. He parallels an event from Coach Mason to try and highlight the absurdity of Babe. Brush boy can be entertaining at times.

Some of you posters are precious. Why can't a proud Brush graduate come on here and talk about his ascending program and USA Basketball trained Head Coach?

44 point victory tonight for the Arcs and I’m told it wasn’t even that close. Congrats to Coach Mason for calling off the dogs and showing the class we are accustomed to.

Brush has risen 3 spots to #8 in the Cleveland Top 25 as they continue their march to the top spot in the city. Several teams ahead of Brush in those rankings are barely beating inferior teams while Brush is amassing giant victories and high quality wins. It will be a matter of time before they sprout up those rankings. A couple of quality wins this week should help.