CHL 2019-2020

Oh.... so the wonderful academics and school environment weren't enough to make you stay?

Still on last year? No the house that was rented is not owed by a well off DP resident, just a ordinary landlord, where do you come up with this bull?
So of all that i said above, the Landlords economic status is what you pulled from. Btw i know that landlord, he does ok. The point was that the family renting the house had more than just their own children living there. Hence why Wise had to move when they moved.

Looks like Deer Park has at least two new faces this year. Tre Munson was at Roger Bacon last year. Ani Elliot was at Springfield last year. I see some other new names, not sure if those are Deer Park kids or not.

I was at tbe DP-Summit game Friday. I actually was there to see Ryan Fleming make his coaching debut for Summit..see if he was a chip off the ol’Fleming block. DP has a flock of newbies. I am thinking perhaps I should invest in real estate in the Park...with all these transfers the market must be booming ?

I was at tbe DP-Summit game Friday. I actually was there to see Ryan Fleming make his coaching debut for Summit..see if he was a chip off the ol’Fleming block. DP has a flock of newbies. I am thinking perhaps I should invest in real estate in the Park...with all these transfers the market must be booming ?
Give us a recap on the game. What did you see!!!!

Does anyone discuss basketball on here? In no particular order Indian Hill, The Park, and Wyoming top 3?

Unfortunately, we mostly just end up talking about the Deer Park AAU team but I posted this last week:

With all CHL teams starting this week (besides Wyoming) I thought I'd take a stab at the CHL power rankings:

1- Wyoming - Loaded with talent and better coached than DP but will fight them for top spot
2 - Deer Park Elite - Tons of talent. Will likely take a little while to gel together but should battle Wyoming for top spot
3 - Indian Hill - Most years this team is good enough to win CHL
4 - Finneytown - Not usually this high but they have key players returning and rest of league looks very average
5 - Mariemont - Good nucleus of young players should improve as season goes but loss of big man will hurt
6 - Taylor - Should be the top of the bottom feeders but cant see them much higher
7 - Madeira - Lost leading scorers and cant see them making any noise this year
8 - Reading - Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see them doing much

Where am I wrong?

Give us a recap on the game. What did you see!!!!
Not enough to win it all. Lack height, Gentry, Wise, are good, Springfield kid, Munson, and Taylor kid are good. But after that theres nothing there.Two of those guys see foul trouble they wont win. Struggled with Summit who isnt great.

Not enough to win it all. Lack height, Gentry, Wise, are good, Springfield kid, Munson, and Taylor kid are good. But after that theres nothing there.Two of those guys see foul trouble they wont win. Struggled with Summit who isnt great.
I agree with you on Dp I seen them scrimmage..but after seeing Taft in mason Friday I left their very underwhelmed about them gettin pass Dp an a lock to final four they have zero playmakers in my opinion atleast Dp has two in Gentry an Wise.

I have watched both Taft and Deer Park play. Both teams have very good athletes. Great quickness. Will cause havoc for most teams they play just from the pressure defense. However, neither team has a lot of basketball skills on offense and both teams try to play dribble drive one on one basketball. Not a lot of ball movement or passing.How far they go in the postseason will depend on really who they play.

When was the last time Finneytown opened a season 3-0? 1998 maybe? It certainly hasn't happened since I moved back to town in 2010.

Neither has a win over Shroder--as far as I can tell that may have been the first in school history.

DP-Summit was interesting...Fleming Jr was just like his Dad...without the athletes LaSalle used to get...Chin on offense..pressure Defense but not on the GCL level. DP scored a ton of points off their press...half court was iso lil Gentry....if that is the plan then they finish 2 or 3 CHL and maybe a district depending on the draw...the Springfield kid is legit! Wise did nothing...Summit had a fabulous guard..dynamite on both ends...they should win their league...fun crowd...great Friday night ?

I agree with you on Dp I seen them scrimmage..but after seeing Taft in mason Friday I left their very underwhelmed about them gettin pass Dp an a lock to final four they have zero playmakers in my opinion atleast Dp has two in Gentry an Wise.
Nekhi smith for Taft is hurt. He’s one of the best in the city.

I think there is a big drop after DP, IH, and Wyoming. Reading, Mariemont, and Madeira aren't very good. Finneytown to the middle because of mediocre teams. Don't know about Taylor?

Nekhi smith for Taft is hurt. He’s one of the best in the city.
Yes he is it was a few young guys sitting near me at mason when they were playin an said Nehki Smith is playing with a torn meniscus if so why are they still playing the kid...an do you like Taft guard play?

DP-Summit was interesting...Fleming Jr was just like his Dad...without the athletes LaSalle used to get...Chin on offense..pressure Defense but not on the GCL level. DP scored a ton of points off their press...half court was iso lil Gentry....if that is the plan then they finish 2 or 3 CHL and maybe a district depending on the draw...the Springfield kid is legit! Wise did nothing...Summit had a fabulous guard..dynamite on both ends...they should win their league...fun crowd...great Friday night ?
I was at the game also. Having been to a couple DP games last year, Wise didn't look like him self at all, he didn't start either. I don't recall him driving to the basket once or even taking a three, he only had three shots all game. He did have few good lead passes that DP converted for easy layups, definitely expected more from him given his pts per game last year. I would agree the Springfield kid is legit, can rebound, finish down low, can step out, he also had a few blocks. Summit looked good. They moved the ball well on the offensive end and found the open man for good looks. I don't know enough about their league to say they will win it but a good solid team that is well coached.

When was the last time Finneytown opened a season 3-0? 1998 maybe? It certainly hasn't happened since I moved back to town in 2010.

Neither has a win over Shroder--as far as I can tell that may have been the first in school history.

Score? I can't find one anywhere.

Just a prediction, but Taylor will finish higher than most are speculating.
i hope you are correct! I like coach Holland alot! Great community that embraces its student athletes win or lose!!

Ive told everyone since last year watch out for harry hilvert!