• Canton/Massillon

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Somewhere Else

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
- It would look funny if Texas had national power Ohio State.
- Debatable we have two NFL teams. Some would say "three." Some would say "none."
- The NFL HOF for some reason chose not to locate in either of those three cities.
- Neither Columbus, Cinci nor Cleveland appear to be all that important to the history of the sport.

You would move Gettysburg to Lancaster because it would be more centralized? To Pittsburgh or Philly because they're bigger towns?

We play the community championship at a community stadium which has a history pertinent to the game. That's better exposure for the game and for the state. Columbus shows no interest in making the event, an event. It's an after thought to them.

Makes sense to me we hold the championships in Canton-Massillon, regardless I have to drive a bit further.
If this is Canton trying to make this feel like a big event, they wiffed.
For Fans - Parking sucks and tailgating is not ALLOWED (Ridiculous)
For Players - Not even close to playing at the shoe

Hall of Fame doesn't bother to extend hours

I get that OSU wont host, that sucks, and it is not Canton's fault. But I can't act like Canton is making Fans or players feel like it is an event. As a fan they make me feel more like we are inconveniencing them. There is no place provided to meet with the players after the game. So you
stand outside the locker rooms by the busses to congratulate the boys. OSU had a designated area inside to meet with the players after the game.

I get that OSU wont host, that sucks, and it is not Canton's fault. But I can't act like Canton is making Fans or players feel like it is an event. As a fan they make me feel more like we are inconveniencing them. There is no place provided to meet with the players after the game. So you
stand outside the locker rooms by the busses to congratulate the boys. OSU had a designated area inside to meet with the players after the game.
I agree, if it is such an event , where are all the Canton H.S. fans ? Watching Snodgrass on a TV interview last week it is obvious OHSAA would prefer the games to be in Columbus but Cbus could care less ( at least that is the impression by Snodgrass ). Really think instead of having a Thursday night and Saturday night game have two games on Sunday. Browns and Bengals are irrelevant compared to the Buckeyes esp. by this time of the year.

Last edited:

Illinois had a giant tent set up where once one game ended the players and coaches could meet and hang out with fans and family as long as they wanted before getting on the bus home. Other states have done similar. For all the time between games its amazing they seem to just want everyone to get the hell out.

Indiana has three games in one day at noon, 3.30pm and 7pm and with only 30-60 minutes between games still had setup for fans to have access to players along sidelines after game while next game was warming up/during medal presentations.

Illinois had a giant tent set up where once one game ended the players and coaches could meet and hang out with fans and family as long as they wanted before getting on the bus home. Other states have done similar. For all the time between games its amazing they seem to just want everyone to get the hell out.

Indiana has three games in one day at noon, 3.30pm and 7pm and with only 30-60 minutes between games still had setup for fans to have access to players along sidelines after game while next game was warming up/during medal presentations.

We (guess I can still say that lol) are fortunate to have had the RCA Dome and LOS. 3 Classes on Friday and 3 Classes on Saturday for a nice weekend. Since Ohio doesn't have a field like this, I'd say rotate between 7 venues. I'd have: Columbus (shoe), Cincy (PBS), Cleveland (FES), Canton, Massillon, Toledo, and Athens.

In fairness to Canton, we are going on Saturday, please let me know what I should hit, to leave with the feel that I attended a special event
Thanks