Division I State Semifinal: Mentor (13-0) vs. Pickerington Central (12-1)

Who wins?

• Mentor by 15+

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Mentor by 8-14

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • Mentor by 1-7

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Pickerington by 1-7

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Pickerington by 8-14

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Pickerington by 15+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that this year the Region I champ is playing the Region III champ. D-I is the only division changing it up -- all other divisions are playing the same format as previous years. I am hoping that politics did not come into play like when the Cincy schools had the state finals in Columbus for two years. Pickerington and Mentor are hands-down the two best teams left. Elder would rather play Region II Springfield than face Pickerington Central. Mentor and Pickerington should have been a state final rematch from two years ago. St. Edward beat Elder comfortably in the regular season.

My guess is you haven't actually seen Elder S-Field or PC or anyone else that's not Mentor or who they have played this season . Hands down? What are you basing that on?

Mentor gifted Pick Central their first TD with an offside penalty on a 4th-and-1 punt. New life let them keep the drive alive and score. At the end of the half a phantom holding call by Mentor O-lineman took away a great TD pass to Floreia. Score should at least be tied at 21.

Mentor gifted Pick Central their first TD with an offside penalty on a 4th-and-1 punt. New life let them keep the drive alive and score. At the end of the half a phantom holding call by Mentor O-lineman took away a great TD pass to Floreia. Score should at least be tied at 21.
The Phantom pass interference call on a ball 10 feet over the receivers head kept Mentors drive alive. That was 3rd an long. Bogus call could have a huge impact on this game.

the state rankings and the two all-state QBs.

Where was PC ranked ? Both CP and Pasteur had your club at a 19 point favorite . Must have been the toughest in the state conference slate where you beat everyone by 105 points , and Mentor fans disparaged PC's opponents . This being said , your team can come back and win this one no question

Surprised the Mentor does not place a spy on Crenshaw on defense. One of Triv's downfalls has always been never making adjustments, always sticking to the game plan. Trobel hurt his ankle on the first series and it will be difficult staying with PC in the second half if he is not 100%. Kipp is running more than usual because of Trobel's injury. Kipp will need to stay hot with the passing game.

Truly awful call

Where was PC ranked ? Both CP and Pasteur had your cub at a 19 point favorite . Must have been the tough conference slate
Third behind Mentor and St. Edward in the final state poll. A 19-point favorite is a joke. If Mentor wins, it will be by a touchdown or less. Still, I am mystified as to the reason only D-I had the pairing change.

Not sure how many times Mentor can keep answering PC's touchdowns. The defense is going to have to get at least one more stop.

Sorry Mentor Fans your team played really hard0. maybe too hard and got reckless. I can't believe your coach would put him in on one foot like that. The more disciplined, and physical team won, but i have to say this game was one of the highest level games i've seen in many years from any highschool team, these looked like GOOD college teams. That being said PC has been the most dominant, and consistant team in the state for the last decade and gets no respect from the northeast and southwest regions

This played out just as expected when I watched film. Too physical too fast. Was surprised how dirty Mentor plays but I guess that’s what happens when you are getting man handled. Still don’t know how Mentor was 13-0. Groveport was better.
On replay #21 would have been ejected.
Is the same crew officiating? They’re your MVP
I hope not, that PI call was horrendous and #21 could have been ejected for targeting....but wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.